Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » NFL's back again.

NFL's back again.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 26]

691NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 28 2020, 13:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
 They mad had work of it didn't they?

I thought at 24-7 at half time we were in for a mauling but we game back second half and looked like the team who were 11-0.

Great game and a good win for the Dolphins against the Raiders. Still think the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC and favourites for the Superbowl.
You know I have a soft spot for the Chiefs and Mahomes and Hill in particular, but although they've kept on winning it hasn't been totally convincing of late. It's almost as if they wait until they are in trouble before they get started.
Definitely beatable IMO and in a knockout competition they could blow it so it's still anybody's I reckon.

692NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 29 2020, 10:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bills comfortably beat the Pats to tie up the AFC East even before next week's game v Dolphins - looking good as we head towards the playoffs.

Here's the full scenario going into Week 17:

AFC

CLINCHED:
Buffalo Bills – AFC East division title
Kansas City Chiefs – AFC West division title and first-round bye
Pittsburgh Steelers – AFC North division title
BALTIMORE RAVENS (10-5) (at Cincinnati (4-10-1), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS )

Baltimore clinches playoff berth with:

1. BAL win OR
  2. CLE loss OR
  3. IND loss OR
  4. BAL tie + MIA loss OR
  5. BAL tie + TEN loss OR
  6. BAL tie + CLE tie OR
  7. BAL tie + IND tie

CLEVELAND BROWNS (10-5) (vs. Pittsburgh (12-3), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS )
Cleveland clinches playoff berth with:

1. CLE win OR
  2. IND loss OR
  3. TEN loss + MIA win or tie + BAL win or tie OR
  4. CLE tie + BAL loss OR
  5. CLE tie + MIA loss OR
  6. CLE tie + TEN loss OR
  7. CLE tie + IND tie OR
  8. CLE tie + TEN tie + BAL win + MIA win

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (10-5) (vs. Jacksonville (1-14), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS )
Indianapolis clinches AFC South division title with:

1. IND win + TEN loss or tie OR
  2. IND tie + TEN loss

Indianapolis clinches playoff berth with:

1. IND win + BAL loss or tie OR
  2. IND win + CLE loss or tie OR
  3. IND win + MIA loss or tie OR
  4. IND tie + BAL loss OR
  5. IND tie + CLE loss OR
  6. IND tie + MIA loss

MIAMI DOLPHINS (10-5) (at Buffalo (11-3), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS )
Miami clinches playoff berth with:

1. MIA win OR
  2. BAL loss OR
  3. CLE loss OR
  4. IND loss OR
  5. MIA tie + BAL tie OR
  6. MIA tie + CLE tie OR
  7. MIA tie + IND tie OR
  8. MIA tie + TEN loss

TENNESSEE TITANS (10-5) (at Houston (4-11), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS )
Tennessee clinches AFC South division title with:

1. TEN win OR
  2. IND loss OR
  3. TEN tie + IND tie

Tennessee clinches playoff berth with:

1. BAL loss OR
  2. MIA loss OR
  3. TEN tie + CLE loss OR
  4. TEN tie + MIA tie OR
  5. TEN tie + BAL tie

NFC

CLINCHED:
Green Bay Packers – NFC North division title
New Orleans Saints – NFC South division title
Seattle Seahawks – NFC West division title
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – playoff berth

ARIZONA CARDINALS (8-7) (at L.A. Rams (9-6), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS )
Arizona clinches playoff berth with:

1. ARI win OR
  2. ARI tie + CHI loss

CHICAGO BEARS (8-7) (vs. Green Bay (12-3), Sunday, 4:25 PM ET, FOX)
Chicago clinches playoff berth with:

1. CHI win OR
  2. ARI loss OR
  3. CHI tie + ARI tie

DALLAS COWBOYS (6-9) (at N.Y. Giants (5-10), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FO X)
Dallas clinches NFC East division title with:

1. DAL win + WAS loss or tie OR
  2. DAL tie + WAS loss

GREEN BAY PACKERS (12-3) (at Chicago (8-7), Sunday, 4:25 PM ET, CBS )
Green Bay clinches the first-round bye with:

1. GB win or tie OR
  2. SEA loss or tie

LOS ANGELES RAMS (9-6) (vs. Arizona (8-7), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS )
Los Angeles clinches playoff berth with:

1. LAR win or tie OR
  2. CHI loss or tie

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (11-4) (at Carolina (5-10), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX )

New Orleans clinches the first-round bye with:

1. NO win + GB loss + SEA win

NEW YORK GIANTS (5-10) (vs. Dallas (6-9), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX )
New York clinches NFC East division title with:

1. NYG win + WAS loss

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (11-4) (at San Francisco* (6-9), Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX )
Seattle clinches the first-round bye with:

1. SEA win + GB loss + NO loss or tie

WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM (6-9) (at Philadelphia (4-10-1), Sunday night, 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC )
Washington clinches NFC East division title with:

1. WAS win OR
  2. WAS tie + DAL loss or tie

693NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 29 2020, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

694NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 29 2020, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I mentioned the Chiefs have struggled in recent weeks and this chaotic game shows just how fragile they are ATM. I genuinely believe they can be beaten unless they get back to the form they showed a couple of months ago.

695NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 05 2021, 11:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The playoffs are upon us now and Bonceys Bills look good after dismantling a good Dolphins team on Sunday. I can see them beating the Colts comfortably if they play like that again.

I'm hoping the Steelers get their revenge on the Browns when Big Ben and the other rested players come back into the team

The Seahawks should beat the Rams and the Bucs will beat Washington. The Saints will beat the Bears but the other game is tougher to call - the Titans vs the Ravens, could go either way.

696NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 05 2021, 11:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:The playoffs are upon us now and Bonceys Bills look good after dismantling a good Dolphins team on Sunday. I can see them beating the Colts comfortably if they play like that again.

I'm hoping the Steelers get their revenge on the Browns when Big Ben and the other rested players come back into the team

The Seahawks should beat the Rams and the Bucs will beat Washington. The Saints will beat the Bears but the other game is tougher to call - the Titans vs the Ravens, could go either way.
Ravens

697NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 05 2021, 11:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@finlaymcdanger wrote:
Ravens
They do look like they are back in form although it was your Bengals they hammered on Sunday  Very Happy

I do like the Titans though and any team needs to stop King Henry if they want to beat them.

698NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 05 2021, 12:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Yes, I’ve enjoyed the Titans this year. My Bengals are always terrible but that’s how I chose them so my expectations have always been low. I haven’t watched enough NFL this year but excited for the playoffs

699NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boncey will be happy as the Bills beat the Colts last night. The Bucs beat Washington which was expected but the shock for me was the Rams beating the Seahawks. I watched the second half of that game and the Rams defence was brilliant and never gave Wilson a chance to get his offence going.

I see Big Ben has joined Nuts, he's very welcome but maybe he should be concentrating on today's game  Very Happy

700NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 12:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Boncey will be happy as the Bills beat the Colts last night. The Bucs beat Washington which was expected but the shock for me was the Rams beating the Seahawks. I watched the second half of that game and the Rams defence was brilliant and never gave Wilson a chance to get his offence going.

I see Big Ben has joined Nuts, he's very welcome but maybe he should be concentrating on today's game  Very Happy
I'm watching out for Bob's mate, Rigid Roger. Very Happy

701NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Personally I think the Browns are as good as I've ever seen them and of course the Bucs have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing like he's in his prime. Either of them could honestly lift the SB in my opinion.

702NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I think the Browns are as good as I've ever seen them and of course the Bucs have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing like he's in his prime. Either of them could honestly lift the SB in my opinion.
Hang on LPP, the Browns will be smashed by my team the Steelers later, mark my words  Very Happy

703NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I wouldn't be so sure pig. I watched the Browns play a couple of weeks ago and frankly I thought they looked absolutely solid in every position. There's no question the Steelers have ability but they'll need more than that if they're going to beat the Browns. Cleveland are playing as a team in a way I've never seen them do before.

704NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 23:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Browns must be delighted to get this far given their demise over recent seasons but they've rebuilt well and as PP says they're playing as a team. Steelers have been off note recently - perhaps because qualification was already in the bag -  but I expect them to get back to how they were playing earlier now we're at the pointy end of the year and if they do that it makes them favourites IMO. Too knackered to stay up for this one tonight so I'm off to bed when the Bears/Saints game is done.

705NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 01:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just realised that the winners of this game will play the Bills in the Divisional Round. Could be a Nuts head to head Smile

706NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well what a shit show that was from the Steelers  Shocked

Started off terribly and never really recovered, depressed now!

707NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Didn't see that one coming. I'm getting nervy now.

708NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We made far too many mistakes starting with a high snap and a TD in the first few seconds! After that our defence just didn't perform and couldn't stop their running game.

709NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:We made far too many mistakes starting with a high snap and a TD in the first few seconds! After that our defence just didn't perform and couldn't stop their running game.
I feel bad for you.

710NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Going to be a tough game for the Bills against the Ravens Boncey. Jackson is playing well and is more like a RB than a QB.

All the Sky Sports pundits are tipping the Bills to go all the way this year so no pressure  Very Happy

711NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Going to be a tough game for the Bills against the Ravens Boncey. Jackson is playing well and is more like a RB than a QB.

All the Sky Sports pundits are tipping the Bills to go all the way this year so no pressure  Very Happy
To be fair, I'd expected very little this season, so I'm pretty happy. Ravens will be no pushover as you say, but I'm buzzing.

712NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
First half Steelers were just not at it. I guess you can't just switch form on and off and they've been off for a few weeks now but TBF the Browns were really solid in every department.
I reckon the Bills are a decent shout for the SB but I wouldn't be writing off a few teams ATM especially the Chiefs who have been playing poorly but still getting results whenever Mahomes plays recently.
Anyone watching the NFC? I find it difficult to compare teams like the Packers especially at the business end of the season.

713NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think the Rams could beat the Packers, if their defence plays as well as they did against the Seahawks then then they have a great chance. Watched the Saints and wasn't that impressed and the Bucs will give them a much tougher game.

I think whoever wins the AFC championship will win the Superbowl as the teams left look stronger than the NFC teams.

714NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I think the Rams could beat the Packers, if their defence plays as well as they did against the Seahawks then then they have a great chance. Watched the Saints and wasn't that impressed and the Bucs will give them a much tougher game.

I think whoever wins the AFC championship will win the Superbowl as the teams left look stronger than the NFC teams.
That last bit is the bit I'm struggling with as it seems to be generally assumed the AFC team will win it - and I tend to agree - but I'm just finding it difficult to assess how much stronger the AFC teams are.

Sorry to mention the Browns again, but as poor as the Steelers were, the Browns were very one-dimensional and at some point Mayfield will have to throw the ball. I guess they didn't really need to last night as they just ran over the defence. For a while I thought the Steelers were in with a chance of closing the gap until Chubb's TD.

It's still very open.

715NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Steelers not stopping the run was the most disappointing part of it for me. Even when the offence wasn't firing the defence was still solid and not conceding too many points.

It will be interesting to see if Big Ben stays as he was poor as well with all the interceptions. They need to start looking at who replaces him and the 2 current back ups aren't up to the job.

Watson at the Texans want's a trade, we'll take him (in my dreams)  Very Happy

716NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Many years ago there used to be a couple of half decent UK based NFL magazines available. Not noticed in recent years if any are still up and running.

717NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Many years ago there used to be a couple of half decent UK based NFL magazines available. Not noticed in recent years if any are still up and running.
 I used to read Gridiron UK (I think that's what it was called?), presume its long gone now?

718NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
 I used to read Gridiron UK (I think that's what it was called?), presume its long gone now?
Never bet on NFL.

719NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 14:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Osi Umeniora is tipping the Ravens to beat the Bills and the Browns to beat the Chiefs in the divisionals. There's definitely a case for the Browns running over the Chiefs who haven't really played well for ages but I still think the Bills will come good.
Personally I reckon the Rams will edge it over the Cheeseheads and it could go either way in the old man's game. Should be an interesting weekend.

720NFL's back again. - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 16:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Well, I did say the Browns look good this year and they do but what happened to the Steelers? Did they think they'd won by showing up? I haven't seen a performance that disjointed in post season for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum