Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Latest statement from the ST

Latest statement from the ST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

181Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Apr 01 2020, 15:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I spent a tenner on the ST at the start. In fact I paid it twice so they still can and do count me as a member.

I 'invested' partly because I thought we'd been taken over by a pair of chancers and it wasn't exactly a fortune. There may not have been much but, at first, there seemed some reason to hope that they might be able to recruit some talent to the leadership and support from Bolton's business community but, as time went on, it proved more or less the opposite.

Maggie Tetlow does seem personable and presentable and she at least seemed to bring something to the table. But the rest, dear me.

What of the new recruits? We know next to nothing except that they have put themselves forward to join a board that anyone with a smidgen of nous would avoid like the plague.

I could never really understand how Tetlow fit into the ST, for so long, at all?  

It's clear, to me at least, that the founders clearly had an agenda to own the club and several of them both then and since seemed to have been a bit on the dodgy side to say the least - not company I would have thought she would particularly be keen to be associated with?

Maybe she had seen some sort of business opportunity along the line perhaps - I don't know?

She was certainly by far and away the best of a bad bunch and I couldn't figure work out why once she found out what she had gotten into that she didn't simply bail out discretely at the earliest opportunity.  I know I would have.

182Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Apr 02 2020, 08:44

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I spent a tenner on the ST at the start. In fact I paid it twice so they still can and do count me as a member.

I 'invested' partly because I thought we'd been taken over by a pair of chancers and it wasn't exactly a fortune. There may not have been much but, at first, there seemed some reason to hope that they might be able to recruit some talent to the leadership and support from Bolton's business community but, as time went on, it proved more or less the opposite.

Maggie Tetlow does seem personable and presentable and she at least seemed to bring something to the table. But the rest, dear me.

What of the new recruits? We know next to nothing except that they have put themselves forward to join a board that anyone with a smidgen of nous would avoid like the plague.

I could never really understand how Tetlow fit into the ST, for so long, at all?  

It's clear, to me at least, that the founders clearly had an agenda to own the club and several of them both then and since seemed to have been a bit on the dodgy side to say the least - not company I would have thought she would particularly be keen to be associated with?

Maybe she had seen some sort of business opportunity along the line perhaps - I don't know?

She was certainly by far and away the best of a bad bunch and I couldn't figure work out why once she found out what she had gotten into that she didn't simply bail out discretely at the earliest opportunity.  I know I would have.
There's quite a lot that seems inexplicable, Sluffy.

How could anyone, who has  spent their entire adult life working as a barrister, believe (without any apparent evidence to support it) that Dean Holdsworth would or could spend the best part of a million quid in fees in the hope that Eddie Davies would sell half of Burnden Leisure to him for 50P?

And how could a couple of hundred BWFC supporters sit there gawping and then applauding the biggest pile of gobbledygook ever heard since 'Professor' Stanley Unwin had last drawn breath.

We must have overlooked something, mustn't we?

183Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Apr 02 2020, 09:05

@Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Most likely there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we can get from news reports, rumours and companies house, so yes you probably don't have all the information and there's bound to be more to it.

I don't mean that to be a slight on you, you clearly know your stuff and have done a hell of a lot of research.

184Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Apr 02 2020, 10:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Most likely there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we can get from news reports, rumours and companies house, so yes you probably don't have all the information and there's bound to be more to it.

I don't mean that to be a slight on you, you clearly know your stuff and have done a hell of a lot of research.

EH???

Bob and I were talking about the ST - are you, or are you talking about the insolvency of the club under Anderson's ownership perhaps because there's been precious few news reports (non of them negative that's for sure!) about the ST and they aren't listed at Companies House (they are listed elsewhere as a charity / social group).

If it is about the latter Bob certainly knew what he was talking about and even went as far as to predict based on his personal knowledge the financial outcome of exiting Administration - and was (excuse the pun) bob on!

To put that into some context, there were at least three accountants to my knowledge who he challenged to do the same on Wways - all of whom couldn't as they didn't believe it was doable.  He also was the first to factually 'torpedo' 'Howard's' narrative on there - who clearly had a deep understanding of what he was talking about - certainly not your average troll by any means!

Bob, I don't think we really have missed anything when it comes to the ST - in fact I believe I alluded to it in my previous post when I said perhaps Tetlow had spied a 'business opportunity'?  I reckon that old saying 'birds of a feather flock together' is that common denominator amongst them.

There was a belief for quite sometime from them that they would gain ownership of the club - first by Birch's approach to them to seek 'preferred bidder status' then later in some sort of coalition to get Anderson out and step into the vaccum.

Now that the club is in calmer waters again (prior to the virus and all that has brought) Tetlow and Rigby had nothing to be gained anymore in staying in the ST and consequently stood down.

I must admit to surprise in that four people put their names forward to join the board, I expected Jones (one of Manning's followers and the one that led the meaningless protest walk outside the club) to stand but not the others - non of whom had shown up on my radar before and who I would guess probably have some links to the existing board members and simply asked to stand to make the numbers up to stop the ST from folding.

Anyway if that is such then another saying I'm fond of is 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread' in which case the results will still be 'garbage in, garbage out!'.

Very Happy

185Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Apr 03 2020, 00:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
An Introduction to Paul Wood

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have been a Bolton Wanderers supporter since my first game in November 1969.

The club is the closest bond I had with my late father and has been my bond with my son since he was a toddler, and who has gone on to make me the proudest dad ever by representing the Academy at every junior age group, up to under 16. (1998 to 2006).

BWFC is my passion!

I consider the trust the only true vehicle available to the ordinary supporter to enable us to have a voice and influence. I wanted to help out in our hour of greatest need under/after our last ownership challenges.

Individually we are just customers, but collectively we must safeguard and represent the true stakeholders of our great club, the Supporters, who are the lifeblood of any football club.

The coming months will present huge challenges for all UK business, especially football clubs in the lower leagues.

BWFCST has never been more important than in the coming months and I would encourage all supporters to become members and help the trust in any way possible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once again no information for what he brings to the table other than being a long standing fan and a hint of not being in the Ken Anderson appreciation society.

Quelle surprise.

186Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Apr 03 2020, 00:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's just bollocks when some people are down to their last tin of beans.

It puts football into perspective I think.

It's just a game when all said and done.

It's tribal.

And in the last twenty years or so it's just been about money - so much so that it is completely out of context with reality - pampered souls earning untold wealth - Ben Amos was on £16k pw!!! - whilst kids are sent to school (in this country mark you) hungry!

How parents don't put their kids health in front of anything else is another matter - and symptomatic of what society has become - is a debate for another day.

It's more about money, greed and avarice more so these days than about the 'beautiful game' itself.

Perhaps it's heresy for me to say but I'm not missing football one bit, in fact it sickens me to think that no matter what all the prima donnas will still be getting their bloated wages in full, even to the extent that it might make the clubs go bust - which very nearly was what happened with us.

There's always been more important things in life than football but somehow - I don't know how - football to many became a necessity rather than a distraction in life.

It's become an obsession to some/many - but why, it is after all just a bunch of blokes running around kicking a ball and after one season a new one simply starts afresh the following year - not as though anything been achieved other than one side pissed higher up a wall than any other team that particular year.

We all realise the importance of doctors and nurses right now but once this is over everything will revert back to them being shunted to the backs of our minds and forgotten about whilst we worship at the alter of football - whose own top tier in this country is more than willing to pull up the drawbridge and allow all other clubs go to the wall (the PL will almost certainly finish the season with no teams relegated, Leeds and West Brom promoted and fuck whoever might have been third and all the other clubs too for that matter.

It's money that talks, not the taking part and the simple love of the game anymore.

Hope you get some more beans soon!

Spot on there Sluffy.

187Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Apr 03 2020, 08:36

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
T.R.O.Y wrote:

EH???

Bob and I were talking about the ST - are you, or are you talking about the insolvency of the club under Anderson's ownership perhaps because there's been precious few news reports (non of them negative that's for sure!) about the ST and they aren't listed at Companies House (they are listed elsewhere as a charity / social group).

If it is about the latter Bob certainly knew what he was talking about and even went as far as to predict based on his personal knowledge the financial outcome of exiting Administration - and was (excuse the pun) bob on!

To put that into some context, there were at least three accountants to my knowledge who he challenged to do the same on Wways - all of whom couldn't as they didn't believe it was doable.  He also was the first to factually 'torpedo' 'Howard's' narrative on there - who clearly had a deep understanding of what he was talking about - certainly not your average troll by any means!

Bob, I don't think we really have missed anything when it comes to the ST - in fact I believe I alluded to it in my previous post when I said perhaps Tetlow had spied a 'business opportunity'?  I reckon that old saying 'birds of a feather flock together' is that common denominator amongst them.

There was a belief for quite sometime from them that they would gain ownership of the club - first by Birch's approach to them to seek 'preferred bidder status' then later in some sort of coalition to get Anderson out and step into the vaccum.

Now that the club is in calmer waters again (prior to the virus and all that has brought) Tetlow and Rigby had nothing to be gained anymore in staying in the ST and consequently stood down.

I must admit to surprise in that four people put their names forward to join the board, I expected Jones (one of Manning's followers and the one that led the meaningless protest walk outside the club) to stand but not the others - non of whom had shown up on my radar before and who I would guess probably have some links to the existing board members and simply asked to stand to make the numbers up to stop the ST from folding.

Anyway if that is such then another saying I'm fond of is 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread' in which case the results will still be 'garbage in, garbage out!'.

Very Happy
Thanks Sluffy. BWFC numbers loads of accountants  amongst it supporters but I have to say that the contribution from the accountancy fraternity has been disappointing. I could have used a much stronger word but we accountants aren't supposed to do that.

I knew what I was talking about because I'd done my homework, no more no less. But I have found that there are two distinctive types in human nature, the hiders and the seekers and I must have been born with the seek gene.

And though its possible to see which parts of the narrative are plausible and implausible we still don't have the whole story. The alliance of Holdsworth and Anderson, for example, was like a disastrous arranged marriage that was never going to outlast the honeymoon but how exactly did it come about? That it was preferred to anything the ST had to offer, tells its  own story.

188Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Apr 03 2020, 09:04

@Ten Bobsworth wrote:But I have found that there are two distinctive types in human nature, the hiders and the seekers and I must have been born with the seek gene.

Laughing

189Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 09:15

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
More details of the third new member of the Supporters Trust board have emerged. Sue Higson is, guess what? A supporter.

Not much else other than unforgiveably giving away a ladies age.

I wonder how many of the new directors know that P&L stands for more than port and lemon and that a budget isn't the French word for a budgie.

190Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 10:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Please don't tell me someone has banned TROY for good :facepalm:

191Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please don't tell me someone has banned TROY for good :facepalm:
Not sure what's going on. I think he may have annoyed the Krankies.

192Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 12:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please don't tell me someone has banned TROY for good :facepalm:

He delete his own account.

He's more than welcome to re-join and post again if he would like to on the proviso that he refrains from arguing/point scoring on the Coronavirus thread which he was repeatedly asked/told/instructed/even begged not to - particularly when he was told he could freely post whatever he wanted elsewhere on Nuts but just not on that particular thread!

It really wasn't such an unreasonable thing to ask in the completely real life and worrying circumstance that a few of us on here personally find ourselves involved in.

Was it?

193Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 12:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:More details of the third new member of the Supporters Trust board have emerged. Sue Higson is, guess what? A supporter.

Not much else other than unforgiveably giving away a ladies age.

I wonder how many of the new directors know that P&L stands for more than port and lemon and that a budget isn't the French word for a budgie.

I feel really privileged to sit on the Board of BWFCST, having signed up to be a member on that evening in January 2016 when more than 1000 of us came together in the Platinum Suite with a shared concern about our club.
I’m just a regular fan. BWFC became part of who I am back in December 1977 when my Dad took his then 10 year old daughter to her 1st game. He didn’t think I’d like it……..43 years later, I’m still a season ticket holder.
I joined the Trust because I care about the club’s future, and I care about our fans being a key part of that future. But now more than ever, we’re in uncharted territory.
Covid-19 is world changing. Football, our club, its staff, our supporters and the Bolton community will all feel its effects in ways none of us could have ever anticipated.
When the time is right, we have an opportunity to reconnect, grow our membership and collaborate with the club; so that we ALL become part of bringing both pride and success back to Bolton Wanderers.
For now, we all need to focus on staying safe and supporting those whose need is the greatest.
I don’t profess to have all the answers, but BWFC matters; and I am committed to doing the best I can for our club and our supporters.

194Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 15:24

T.R.O.Y.

David Lee
David Lee

He's more than welcome to re-join and post again if he would like to on the proviso that he refrains from arguing/point scoring on the Coronavirus thread which he was repeatedly asked/told/instructed/even begged not to - particularly when he was told he could freely post whatever he wanted elsewhere on Nuts but just not on that particular thread!

It really wasn't such an unreasonable thing to ask in the completely real life and worrying circumstance that a few of us on here personally find ourselves involved in.

Was it?

Just to be clear, i was banned from the forum and couldn't access my account. Once it went on longer than 24 hours, i assumed the ban was permanent so requested my account to be deleted by an admin as i couldn't access to do it myself (i'd prefer to remove my details from nuts if i can't post here).

My preference is certainly to keep posting on here, especially given the current situation. As always i won't be altering or withholding my opinions though.

195Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Was it?

Just to be clear, i was banned from the forum and couldn't access my account. Once it went on longer than 24 hours, i assumed the ban was permanent so requested my account to be deleted by an admin as i couldn't access to do it myself (i'd prefer to remove my details from nuts if i can't post here).

My preference is certainly to keep posting on here, especially given the current situation. As always i won't be altering or withholding my opinions though.

If it means anything at all to you I pleased to see you back.

For the record, the sites audit trail states that the ip address of the person who deleted your account was the same as the address you had previously been posting on and the same as the address you've reregistered on.

Moving on, I've set up a thread entitled Coronavirus - the political argument, where you and others can post whatever you like, free from the sensitivities of those like myself who have real and personal worries about this than political dick waving and personal point scoring at this time.

196Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:22

T.R.O.Y.

David Lee
David Lee
If you’re pleased to see me back, refrain from banning me for having an opinion - then we won’t have to go through this faff again.

197Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If you’re pleased to see me back, in future refrain from banning me for having an opinion and then we won’t have to go through this faff again.

I didn't ban you for having an opinion - I banned you for deliberately trolling on a thread I specifically asked REPEATEDLY for you not to do.

Christ how many times did I tell you could post whatever you wanted to do on any other thread you liked - but not that particular one???

I won't hesitate to do the same again, if the need arises.

Now is really not the time to be trying to yank my chain.

Fair warning.

198Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:38

T.R.O.Y.

David Lee
David Lee
Drop the threats, and don’t read my posts if you think I’m only doing it to troll. It’s my opinion, not yours.

199Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Drop the threats, and don’t read my posts if you think I’m only doing it to troll. It’s my opinion, not yours.
In the nicest way possible, drop the attitude, it’s not doing any favours mate.

200Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Drop the threats, and don’t read my posts if you think I’m only doing it to troll. It’s my opinion, not yours.

Let me be absolutely crystal clear, it is a promise not a threat.

And everyone and their dog could clearly see you were deliberately posting on that thread to elicit a reaction from me, knowing full well you could post your opinions anywhere else on here freely.

This is absolutely the wrong time and subject to be doing this.

It isn't a game for some of us.

201Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:54

T.R.O.Y.

David Lee
David Lee
In the nicest way possible, drop the attitude, it’s not doing any favours mate.

No worries Karly, I’ve said my piece and will ignore Sluffy.

I’ll drop it now.

202Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Tue Apr 07 2020, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
The final new member - 20 year old sports media student and Manning acolyte no less.

An Introduction to Will Jones

Hello all, my name is Will Jones, a 20 year old Sports Media student at the University of Chichester, originally from the Ribble Valley, a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan and most importantly, a new member of the BWFCST board which I’m delighted to now officially be a part of.
I want to begin by wishing everyone well during these unprecedented times, I want to echo recent updates by advising all to listen to government advice, stay safe and save lives by staying at home.
Whilst everyone’s health is the present number one priority, I’d like to take this opportunity to express that becoming a BWFCST board member is something that I’m extremely excited about and I can’t wait to make a positive impact for and within the BWFC community once this period of uncertainty has passed.
This desire to have a vested interest in the future of our beloved football club has developed since the Whites unfortunately experienced off the field difficulties which had a significant impact on me as a supporter encountering a sense of helplessness and I was desperate to help in any way I could to allow it to survive.
Since which, I quickly became recognised as being somewhat of a representative and a voice of/for the fans in the mainstream media, through well-known fan-site the Lion Of Vienna Suite, on social media and as an active member at open meetings which lead me to want to help to make a difference on a regular basis via the Trust’s board, hence me being most grateful for my nominations and for being elected.
I’m excited to now be able to act primarily on behalf of the younger demographic who I feel have been overlooked to an extent in recent years and deserve to voice their concerns and have their opinions heard. I hope having a fresh, younger face on the board will not only provide stability for our longer standing supporters, but also inspire future generations to want to similarly make a difference through the influence, stature and solidarity of the Trust. I anticipate this will grow no end and subsequently allow us to continue to work closely with the club to create a sustainable future for years to come.
This, I assure you, will soon become a reality with the help of myself and the new board who are an excellent new team and, in each of our individual roles within the board structure (TBA), will provide you, the fans, with a brighter future for our football club.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to meeting all members at the pending AGM.

203Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Apr 08 2020, 07:56

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Acolyte of Manning, teaming up with Smiffy and Simple Simon? The future's so bright I've gotta

wear shades!

204Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun May 03 2020, 14:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

205Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun May 03 2020, 15:26

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Those were the days!!!

206Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun May 03 2020, 21:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Anyone want to know what the ST spent their fighting fund on because I can now tell you!

Let me first set the scene -

On the 6th May, 2019, the ST published this on their official website -

Further to our announcement yesterday in which we appealed for supporters to register interest in a share issue in the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Community Interest Company (BWSCIC), we are massively encouraged by the passion and enthusiasm being shown for such an initiative, with many registering interest and support.

As Wednesday’s hearing comes ever closer, we are now in the process of launching a Fighting Fund crowd-funding page which we are looking to have online in the next 24 hours. The purpose of this Fighting Fund will be to raise emergency and immediate funding to cover the associated costs that will arise in the Supporters’ Trust dealing with an administration of the club.

This fund will cover legal costs, contribute to any shortfalls in funding an administration and to cover costs that will undoubtedly be incurred in making representation to the EFL in the event that they look to impose any unfair penalties as a result of recent events. This will be vitally important in looking to next season and the start of the BWFC rebuilding exercise. 

For the avoidance of doubt, any contributions made towards the Fighting Fund will be completely independent of the BWSCIC planned share issue which we are developing at this very moment. 

Further details of this share issue will be announced over the next few days, but contributions to the Fighting Fund will not include any shareholding in the club. Use of the Fighting Fund will be carried out at the absolute discretion of the BWFCST board.

We will be looking to update on a daily basis as the future of OUR club unfolds. Please help wherever you are able and let’s work together in ensuring BWFC are in a better position to face League 1 this coming August with a new owner and a realistic and affordable business plan.

Strangely I can't seem to find the actual Just Giving appeal although I've search long and hard for it (?) but an amount just short of £20k is the amount I recollect was donated to it.

Well, the ST have just filed their accounts up to the 31st July last year (signed off by them on the 20th January this year) and amount of £18,775 is shown as income being received to it from the Fighting Fund (JustGiving Fundraising) - so far so good then.

Looking at these accounts compared to the ones they filed the previous year, they state their current membership to be 3,029 (an increase of just TWENTY-THREE from the previous years total of 3,006),
with a turnover (income) for the tear of £26,604 (an increase from £10,555) and assets of £54,455 (giving a £3,729 profit on the year)

On the face of it then a notionally positive year for them even though no growth in membership over the period worth mentioning.

However let us have a look at how their income was comprised!

It turns out they stated that voluntary income (the £10 yearly donations) amounted to just £6,741 (or to put it another way an equivalent 674 out of the 3,029 members contributed being roughly 20% of the total meaning roughly 80% of members didn't!

The second income stream was £1,088 from Dale Vince from his sale of the 'No Ken Do' T-shirts.

And the £18.755 from the Crowd Funding Fighting fund.

Giving total income of £26,604.

Expenditure for the year was £22,875.

Giving a profit of £3,729 on the year.

The thing is though ONLY £5,266 was spent on the reason's given above for the crowd funding, meaning that the remaining £13,489 wasn't used for that purpose and to all intents and purposes used to cover the ST's running costs, which otherwise would amounted in a loss of just under £10k.

To be fair they have covered their backs by saying the ST will use their own discretion how the money would be spent but clearly the bulk of it simply wasn't used for the purposes they asked for it.

No wonder they've kept quiet as to what happened with the money!!!

Did you contribute, if so are you happy about this?

Accounts here - click on the download for 31/07/2019

207Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Sun May 03 2020, 22:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Theiving gits.

208Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu May 07 2020, 13:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Email to Members - Your Input Needed!

We were very pleased to see the statement from Sharon Brittan and Mike James as released on Friday 1st May. It was good to hear that a resolution had been reached regarding deferral of football management and player salaries and to see a summary of activity of the Club, Hotel and Community Trust during the current crisis.

One thing however that was not addressed in this statement was the situation regarding missed matches and the possibility of refunds being due to season ticket holders for those games which have already been paid for. This issue has been discussed on various fan forums and in comments in the Bolton News and we at the Supporters' Trust have also debated the topic at length.  As a group, we came to the conclusion that we would not seek a refund from the club even if one were offered for the suspended games and that we would like to see the money retained by the club as it continues to battle through these very turbulent times with no match day income.

We would like to propose that those fellow season ticket holders who can afford to and feel that this is a good use of their funds do the same.  We realise not all will be able or minded to do this in the current crisis and that position is fully understood and respected but we thought this was something that we, as fans, could do to support the club we all love through this very difficult period.

We have written to the owners to seek clarity on this issue and to get some sort of steer on what their plans are. In the meantime though we thought we would get the ball rolling with this initiative and to put the idea to the fans for consideration. 

Please stay safe – we are in this together!

209Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu May 07 2020, 14:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its fine by me, i can afford it and they will need it more than me.

210Latest statement from the ST - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu May 07 2020, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Its fine by me, i can afford it and they will need it more than me.
Same here. I'd already decided, but nobody seemed to be addressing the issue.

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum