Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Got a dash cam today

Got a dash cam today

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Got a dash cam today Empty Got a dash cam today on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:05

Anybody else have one?

I got it because last week at 4:30 am a lorry on the m6 was in the middle lane of the narrowed lane roadworks and weaving all over the place.  Nearly putting me into the concrete barrier about 6 times.

This morning on the 62 (again in the roadworks) at 4am i moved over to let a car out of a junction and he decided brake check the car in front of me because he didnt move over quick enough.

The standard of driving seems to be getting worse and peoples temprement when driving is just ridiculous.

2Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have had one for a couple of weeks. Well worth the investment, especially if you are a safe driver.

3Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I daren't have one, I'd get banned for speeding.

4Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 07:51

Only if you upload it yourself glos.  Its doesnt do it automatically.  It just covers you in an accident if you arent at fault.

In pellon today and no incidents yet thank God

5Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
In that case I might put it on my Christmas List

6Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I got my mum one after she had an issue with the blame game after a car accident, if it wasn't for the bus driver then she would have had to take the blame for it.

They are well worth the money and can save you all the hassle of fighting your corner if you are ever unfortunate to have an accident.

The camera never lies. Very Happy

I got one of this one which is easy to use (maybe cheaper elsewhere)...

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-312gw

7Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:07

Got mine off that app called wish.  Hd.  Sd card upto 32gb.  7 quid

8Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:I got my mum one after she had an issue with the blame game after a car accident, if it wasn't for the bus driver then she would have had to take the blame for it.

They are well worth the money and can save you all the hassle of fighting your corner if you are ever unfortunate to have an accident.

You can get them a lot cheaper on eBay and elsewhere. Not to the spec of your one Karly but you can get them for less than £20.

9Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 13:24

If anybody gets chance download an app called wish.  You have to wait for postage as it comes from china but the stuff i have got from there is brilliant

10Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 13:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Reebok Trotter wrote:
@karlypants wrote:I got my mum one after she had an issue with the blame game after a car accident, if it wasn't for the bus driver then she would have had to take the blame for it.

You can get them a lot cheaper on eBay and elsewhere. Not to the spec of your one Karly but you can get them for less than £20.
I have seen some of the ones on Ebay for about 15 quid but the way I see it is that what happens if it fails at the moment you really need it or the driver has caused an accident to your car and has driven off but perhaps the video quality isn't good enough to capture the number plate?

They seem far too cheap for comfort to me and a sub £100 investment isn't a lot of money in the long term if it saves you from being shafted by your insurance company.

The one I suggested above cost about £75 and I have seen this model a little cheaper on Ebay.

11Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 13:37

The one i got films in 1080p.  Checked the quality today and its perfect.

12Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 14:10

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Have to admit I'm starting to think about getting one with the amount of bad driving these days and of course the deliberate fraud cases.

13Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 15:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2j 3.0 wrote:The one i got films in 1080p.  Checked the quality today and its perfect.
 be great for when you go dogging as well Johnny  Very Happy

14Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 15:54

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I don't need a dash cam.

I just set the video camera running on my phone and then hold it on top of my steering wheel and watch the screen.

Hah! Take that, dangerous drivers, don't mess with me.

15Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 16:16

@Norpig wrote:
y2j 3.0 wrote:The one i got films in 1080p.  Checked the quality today and its perfect.
 be great for when you go dogging as well Johnny  Very Happy
Didn't think of that........honest

16Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 17:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bread2.0 wrote:I don't need a dash cam.

I just set the video camera running on my phone and then hold it on top of my steering wheel and watch the screen.

Hah! Take that, dangerous drivers, don't mess with me.

Very Happy

17Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 17:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine does as well. Made in China and cost about £15 plus postage. There really is very little that can go wrong with them and you simply plug them into the lighter and Hey Presto!

I haven't tried it for dogging yet but it does have a nightlight!

18Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 17:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine does as well. Made in China and cost about £15 plus postage. There really is very little that can go wrong with them and you simply plug them into the lighter and Hey Presto!

19Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 17:05

@Reebok Trotter wrote:

:like: mine does too Smile

Get on wish

20Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 17:52

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Insurance companies should offer discounts if you have a dashcam. If you then have an accident it's a lot easier to see who was at fault.

21Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've got one on my cap. Neutral
Got a dash cam today BigThoughtsPond_20100703_0134

22Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 18:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@DEANO82 wrote:Insurance companies should offer discounts if you have a dashcam.
I'm pretty sure that some already do.

23Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Thu Nov 10 2016, 23:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I got one last Christmas after being badly cut up by a taxi (Manchester Streetcars!!).  Cost about £120 and Halfords fitted it for me for £30. We've got  one in both our cars- they're a good investment.

24Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?

25Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@gloswhite wrote:Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?

It was all part of the purchase price. Halfords fitted it into the cars electronics (My car is a CRV and the missus has got a Jazz). All the cabling and connections come with the device itself. I thought that for £30 I might as well let them do it as thy know what to do- and I would be clueless.

26Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?
They all generally come with a cigarette style charger that is long enough to follow around the trim inside the car.

I went from the cigarette socket to under the passenger seat and then up the trim in between both doors and simply followed it round.

It's quite easy to peel back the rubber seal enough between the roof lining and trim so it gives enough room to store the thickness of the cable so it doesn't show.

For the brand I suggested earlier on, you can buy an accessory set to hard wire these in to the fuse box leaving your cigarette socket free.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit

27Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@karlypants wrote:
They all generally come with a cigarette style charger that is long enough to follow around the trim inside the car.

I went from the cigarette socket to under the passenger seat and then up the trim in between both doors and simply followed it round.

It's quite easy to peel back the rubber seal enough between the roof lining and trim so it gives enough room to store the thickness of the cable so it doesn't show.

But with most of them you don't need to use the cigarette lighter - the kit allows you to plug it into the electronics of the car. There are connecting points in all modern cars under the bonnet. It means no messy cables inside the car itself- it just pokes down from under the windscreen trim. When  I leave the car I just detach the camera from the camera holder and stick it in my pocket (or in the glove compartment)- so no scrote can break in and thieve it.

28Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@rammywhite wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

But with most of them you don't need to use the cigarette lighter - the kit allows you to plug it into the electronics of the car. There are connecting points in all modern cars under the bonnet. It means no messy cables inside the car itself- it just pokes down from under the windscreen trim. When  I leave the car I just detach the camera from the camera holder and stick it in my pocket (or in the glove compartment)- so no scrote can break in and thieve it.
I've just edited my post to add that they do a hard wire kit fr permanent connection. Smile

29Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 11:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I'll have to look into it methinks. Don't want to spoil the inside of my Jag

30Got a dash cam today Empty Re: Got a dash cam today on Fri Nov 11 2016, 11:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jesus KP does it cook your tea for you,

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum