Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to Swansea? - LATEST - Now £6 million bid rejected!!!

+18
Born to be a wanderer
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
largehat
Whatsupdoc
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Sluffy
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

this also made me laugh...

But the Whites boss insists the finances are in place to sign a suitable replacement if one comes along on a permanent basis.

lol!

really? where the fuck are they then? you wanted the player, I dont believe for one second that anybody would DOUBLE their wage demands - that's just ludicrous... no, you were just being tight... again.

if you had the finance in place... he would be trying on our shirt now.

no fucking ambition or driving force at all in the higher echelons of our clubs management.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just typical of BWFC. The one time we get a decent offer for a shit player they turn it down!

The people who are defending Mark Davies are dreaming. His whole Bolton career has been in fits and starts. One decent game followed by nine awful ones. Much of last season I didn't know if he was actually on the pitch. Just because we've dropped down a division doesn't automatically mean he'll come good.

If the club turn this down they are crazy. By the end of September he'll be on the bench anyway and we'll struggle to get £1m for him in January.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Laudrup or Natasha Whittam.

Hmm... I think I'll go with Michael Laudrup's judgement call on this one.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why overpay?

If you went to a car lot and a guy said, "look mate 1994 Nissan Micra, bit of rust, basically a load of shite"

"oh ok, urm i'll give you 70 grand for it, cos i think that guy over there is eying it up"

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

And yet people want us, every year, to overpay for mediocre or unproven talent.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why overpay?

If you went to a car lot and a guy said, "look mate 1994 Nissan Micra, bit of rust, basically a load of shite"

"oh ok, urm i'll give you 70 grand for it, cos i think that guy over there is eying it up"

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

And yet people want us, every year, to overpay for mediocre or unproven talent.

so basically... your happy it fell through becasue you KNOW (i.e. - assuming) he is shit?

coyle (who you stick by) obviously thought otherwise...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i don't know, he might be the next Viera. But the chances are slim considering he's 26 and is playing in France, and the only club interested is West Ham.

I'm not happy it fell through, I'm just not that bothered. I would be if we were talking a 19 year old wonderkid with bags of upside who was snatched by Man U. But we're not.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've just read somewhere that Nixon is saying we will owe Wolves 25% of any fee we get due to a sell on clause they insisted on when we signed him. Bastards.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Michael Laudrup or Natasha Whittam.

Hmm... I think I'll go with Michael Laudrup's judgement call on this one.

I'm willing to bet Laudrup has never seen Mark Davies play. Or was he aware he was going to be the next Swansea manager before anyone at Swansea?

He's being bought on reputation. No one on here thinks he's a £4m player. An £4m player would have done more to keep us up.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've just read somewhere that Nixon is saying we will owe Wolves 25% of any fee we get due to a sell on clause they insisted on when we signed him. Bastards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm willing to bet Laudrup has never seen Mark Davies play. Or was he aware he was going to be the next Swansea manager before anyone at Swansea?

He's being bought on reputation. No one on here thinks he's a £4m player. An £4m player would have done more to keep us up.

I didn't realise you were the mouthpiece of the site. How do you know nobody on here thinks he is worth 4 million?

If they are getting 15 million for Joe Allen we need to be looking at getting more than half of that from Swansea. They can fuck off with their 4 million, it's an insulting offer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

If they are getting 15 million for Joe Allen we need to be looking at getting more than half of that from Swansea. They can fuck off with their 4 million, it's an insulting offer.

An insulting offer for a player who has done bugger all for BWFC? He was pisspoor last season, we should be snatching their hand off.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We bought him for £1million after that stupid compenstaion thing, we have to give wolves 20-25% of what we sell him for so a bid of £4million shouldn't even been looked at in terms of profit.

Not the greatest player to ever wear a wanderers shirt but certainly commands a better sum than 4mill IMO, besides we would never be able to bring in a suitable replacement for the money we would end up with.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

An insulting offer for a player who has done bugger all for BWFC? He was pisspoor last season, we should be snatching their hand off.

Yes it is an insulting offer. No he hasn't done bugger all for BWFC. No he wasn't pisspoor last season. No we shouldn't be snatching their hand off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Yes it is an insulting offer. No he hasn't done bugger all for BWFC. No he wasn't pisspoor last season. No we shouldn't be snatching their hand off.

Give me one game where he dominated the midfield.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Give me one game where he dominated the midfield.

You like reliving the past, don't you? You asked Hipster this question not long ago. Go back and read the answer you got then.

You have an irrational contempt for Mark Davies, I don't know why, but that's just what it is - irrational.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, just sick of people saying a player is good when he quite clearly isn't. He has potential to be good I don't doubt that - but he hasn't progressed at all over the last 12 months, quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, he might go on to be a great player, but he could just as easily turn out to be another player with potential that never made it. Better to take £4m now than pay him ££££££ for the next three seasons to play in the same way he has been doing.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think he did much last season to be honest. We can all see the potential he has but he rarely has a great game. Maybe it's down to Coyle not using him in the right position but too often games just pass him by.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard, I'm just sick of us getting the short end money for players.

I actually think Mark Davies ia a better player than Joe Allen. It would give me the arsehole for Swansea to receive 15m for him and then buy what I consider to be a better replacement for a fraction of that.

Just for once, we have a young, English and highly technical footballer under long term contract. Just for once, if we are going to sell him, I want to see one of our players leave with an expensive price tag to live up to.

It makes no sense to me to sell Mark Davies if we are hoping to be back in the PL soon. PG has said he doesn't want to leave either. I don't think he had a great season last season either actually but the player's talent and ability is there for all to see.

Maybe Swansea would get the most of that talent better than we can with the system they play - clearly they think that too, that's why they want him. We will have egg on our faces if we let Mark Davies go.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:No, just sick of people saying a player is good when he quite clearly isn't. He has potential to be good I don't doubt that - but he hasn't progressed at all over the last 12 months, quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, he might go on to be a great player, but he could just as easily turn out to be another player with potential that never made it. Better to take £4m now than pay him ££££££ for the next three seasons to play in the same way he has been doing.

I don't take your opinion seriously. As soon as a player signs for Bolton you take great pleasure in downgrading their ability in order to wind people up.

Jay Jay Okocha.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
I don't think he had a great season last season either actually but the player's talent and ability is there for all to see.

It might be there but he doesn't use it. What good is a player who goes missing, even if technically he is a decent player? We'd be better having some donkey getting stuck in for 90 minutes than have Mark Davies popping up every 20 minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum