Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Rochdale - Match Report Post 19

+12
Norpig
bryan458
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
wanderlust
observer
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Beevers

BBC still saying Morais.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ it must have been boring!- either that or SKY are taking the p***. 
The highlights of Scunny v Wozzle and Sheff U v Bristol were both 10 times as long as this match and they were both scoreless draws. Entertaining though.
Still as Bill points out, we won, however I can't see how it "puts us in a great position for a crucial match against Bradford" when Spearing gets himself suspended and the attacking threat we showed in the previous game has all but disappeared. New signing "bounce" on Saturday or just an off day last night? We'll see.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Christ it must have been boring!- either that or SKY are taking the p***. 
The highlights of Scunny v Wozzle and Sheff U v Bristol were both 10 times as long as this match and they were both scoreless draws. Entertaining though.
Still as Bill points out, we won, however I can't see how it "puts us in a great position for a crucial match against Bradford" when Spearing gets himself suspended and the attacking threat we showed in the previous game has all but disappeared. New signing "bounce" on Saturday or just an off day last night? We'll see.
Wander - the takeaway is we won ugly again (as we did earlier in the season) and Spearing foolishly screwed up for the next two important road games.  Perhaps we could loan Messi for the week?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A bit longer highlights (two minutes) below.

Beevers goal.

If you follow the build up Morais doesn't even touch the ball - Wheater and Madine goes for the cross which Wheater heads towards goal.  Beevers can't get out of the way of it, knocks the ball in the air but prods it in when it comes down for the goal.

The only other white shirt around is Long.

You can't see if the ball had crossed the line from the angel shown but an indication to me is to watch the Rochdale defender (No 2) who is the one who 'cleared' it away.  Notice how deep he drifts behind the goal line before he moves forward to kick the ball.

Trotter comes in AFTER the goal had been claimed and the ball was blocked anyway.

I can't even see from the clip why anyone thought it was Morias goal anyway?

See for yourselves (around 1 min 37 sec into the clip).

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:Christ it must have been boring!- either that or SKY are taking the p***. 

Don't be so downbeat wl, we lost Andy Walker thru injury in 1993 at another "crucial" part of the season and we went on to get promoted. See, constant disappointment doesn't have to be around your every next corner.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:

Don't be so downbeat wl, we lost Andy Walker thru injury in 1993 at another "crucial" part of the season and we went on to get promoted. See, constant disappointment doesn't have to be around your every next corner.
OK Bill. Positive mental attitude to the forefront. Bradford 0 BWFC 2.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:
King Bill wrote:

OK Bill. Positive mental attitude to the forefront. Bradford 0 BWFC 2.

Hopefully, just booked train tickets today. Don't put money on it tho, might jinx it Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
King Bill wrote:What a begrudging set of moaners some of our fans are (above).

This was a must win game, we won, end of. Puts us in a great position for a crucial match against Bradford.

True, but it was an awful game. Who wants to pay money to watch that shite?
I get what he's saying, awful yes, but you have to question Rochdales mindset and Hills negativity, time wasting tactics, third rate players thinking it's Wembley raising their game, we have to expect that against poorer teams, we're not going to win 4-1 every week

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum