Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

47 and out

+9
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
wessy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

3147 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Fri Mar 24 2017, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Congratulations Wessy.

Here's to the next 47 years of retirement!

:drinks:

3247 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Fri Mar 24 2017, 23:59

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well done, Wessy and enjoy it. I'm looking forward to retiring too, though in 45 years time if government rumours are to be believed. The trick is finding something to do to keep your mind sharp and your body fitt-ish.

3347 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 00:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I skipped all the other posts but I am sure they are telling you to enjoy your retirement. It's great!

3447 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 11:31

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thanks everyone day 1 starts right here COYWM

3547 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congrats Wessy. You'll be amazed how busy retirement is.

3647 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 14:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wessy, congratulations on your retirement. I retired 2 years ago, with no plans other than to take it easy, and to get to see all the Little trains of Wales. (I've seen 2 so far, so plenty to go).
I made it clear to my daughters that I hadn't retired to become a babysitter, and made the proviso that I would look after them (all day) once they could wipe their own bum, (not something I was looking forward to).
I've had a great time, but now I get a bit bored, so got myself a little job, (Starts next week and I haven't decided how many days yet), delivering new cars, almost anywhere in the UK.

The golden rule is to make sure you have a good financial base/income/backup, which you have, so relax, lean back, and enjoy. :good:  

I have a plaque in front of me, which I found took a while to get used to living to. It says:

I don't want to
I don't have to
You can't make me
I'm retired.

3747 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:Well guys after 47 years continuous employment.

I retired today. 7 Saturdays a week from here on in!!

7 Saturdays a week? Wanderers play on Saturdays, so if it's 7 a week, you'll be a wreck within a month.
Go for 7 Sundays instead. Enjoy it. I was told by a 'retirement ' consultant (yes, they do exist!) that you should never go to bed unless you've got a plan as to what you're going to do tomorrow.

3847 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Wessy, congratulations on your retirement. I retired 2 years ago, with no plans other than to take it easy, and to get to see all the Little trains of Wales. (I've seen 2 so far, so plenty to go).
I made it clear to my daughters that I hadn't retired to become a babysitter, and made the proviso that I would look after them (all day) once they could wipe their own bum, (not something I was looking forward to).
I've had a great time, but now I get a bit bored, so got myself a little job, (Starts next week and I haven't decided how many days yet), delivering new cars, almost anywhere in the UK.

The golden rule is to make sure you have a good financial base/income/backup, which you have, so relax, lean back, and enjoy. :good:  

I have a plaque in front of me, which I found took a while to get used to living to. It says:

I don't want to
I don't have to
You can't make me
I'm retired.
Great Advice duly noted cheers

3947 and out - Page 3 Empty Re: 47 and out Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:45

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

rammywhite wrote:
wessy wrote:Well guys after 47 years continuous employment.

I retired today. 7 Saturdays a week from here on in!!

7 Saturdays a week? Wanderers play on Saturdays, so if it's 7 a week, you'll be a wreck within a month.
Go for 7 Sundays instead. Enjoy it. I was told by a 'retirement ' consultant (yes, they do exist!) that you should never go to bed unless you've got a plan as to what you're going to do tomorrow.
Likewise good advice change to Sundays sounds a good call

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum