Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Over 20 dead at the men arena

+15
rammywhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Bwfc1958
xmiles
observer
wessy
Sluffy
karlypants
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

32Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 12:43

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm, as usual in these incidents, at a loss to understand how the plebs can believe they are off to get their 40 virgins in paradise. If that was the case, wouldn't their masters be scrambling to be head of the queue.
It's also 4th anniversary of Lee Rigby's death and some groups love to commit crimes on anniversaries. 
I think it was the IRA who coined the phrase, "We only have to be lucky once. You have to be lucky every time."
Time to stay calm and let justice run its course.
RIP those poor kids.

33Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 12:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There aren't any words.

34Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 13:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Islamic state have claimed responsibility

35Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 13:06

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Islamic state have claimed responsibility

Of course they have. 

They always do.

This clown has probably never been anywhere near a training camp in Pakistan or Afghanistan and wouldn't know an IS commander if he popped up in his bedroom and shouted "Alluah Akhbar" at him but they'll still claim ownership of this.

Because it benefits them to do so.

ISIS isn't so much an organisation as a philosophy.

And that's where the real problems lie when idiots like Trump start banging on about "smashing" ISIS.

You can't.

It's like trying to smash water. But it's a useful slogan if you're trying to get scared racists to vote for you.

36Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can't say too much obviously but my Hospital was on major alert last night and is dealing with a lot of the kids who were injured.
Manchester is now my home and i'm so proud of everyone here, from the taxi drivers taking people home for free, the people living nearby offering somewhere to go if they were stuck and of course to all the many healthcare professionals who just turned up at the site or Hospitals to offer their help. I was half expecting to be called in as well as i deal with procurement of medicines in the Pharmacy.

Targeting a concert that they knew would be mainly full of children is despicable and as low as you can get, as a parent my heart goes out to anyone who has kids or loved ones who has been affected by this

37Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 13:36

I managed to get to sleep about half two this morning (not complaining, im grateful i could go to sleep knowing my loved ones where safe knowing others werent so fortunate)

I was in a rush getting ready this morning and headed off down to rugby at 5am.

Listening to radio 2, half way down the m6, i think it finally sunk in and im not ashamed to say i got upset.

It is absolutely senseless and nothing to do with religion.  Many of the nurses and doctors treating the injured last night will of been muslim and im thankful for them.

What im not thankful for is people scare mongering and condemning and categorising people due to their beliefs anf labelling them as all the same.

And for the second time today im sat staring at the tv in utter disbelief as the second victim is confirmed as an 8 year old.  My son is 8.  I just can't beleive it

38Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 15:38

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

One of the first named dead, Georgina Callender, played for BWFC under 11 ladies team. That brings this appalling tragedy closer to home when we we can say that one of our own has lost her life

Words fail me to say any more.

39Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 15:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is shocked to hear that Georgina Callander has been the first victim named in the horrific attack at Manchester Arena.
Georgina played in the club's Under-11s ladies team in 2010 under the management of Jayne Jackson, who still works at Bolton Wanderers Community Trust.
Our thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family during this awful time of loss.
Georgina and all will be remembered at our Annual Memorial Service tonight.
There will also be a minute’s silence before the first team ladies' friendly against Wigan Athletic tomorrow evening at Macron Stadium, where the team will wear black armbands.
Club Chaplain Phil Mason

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/club-mourns-georgina-callander/

Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Georginaariana

Just 18 years old.

R.I.P.

40Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 16:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 DAhAIg_XgAUA2lX

Send as a matter of urgency to https://goo.gl/Oav7dW

41Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 16:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

US officials say that the suspected #ManchesterAttack bomber has been identified by British authorities as Salman Abedi

Brit Abedi was born in December 1995 in Manchester.

He is believed to be of Libyan origin and has at least three siblings.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3628631/manchester-terror-attack-bomber-named-as-salman-abedi/

42Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 18:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wonder if his siblings knew what he was up to, or more importantly failed to speak up? I wonder if we'll ever know?
Furthermore his parents were Libyan refugees, no mother has a terrorist son but every terrorist son has a mother, as the saying goes.
All this shit has only just started. As an adage cockroaches can withstand nuclear fall out, destroy ISIS in its home but the cockroaches will still be there!!

43Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 18:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't change my children for the world, but I wish I could change the world for my children.

44Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 19:53

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whilst I don't agree with some of the comments made which blame an entire religion, I found myself getting very angry at the news this morning and feeling like I needed to see some form of retribution for what had happened.

This feels much different to other terror attacks, perhaps because it is closer to home, or the fact that I knew people who had gone with there young children or maybe because I have children of an age similar to those at the concert.

Sat here now typing this my overriding feeling is one of anger, we live in a tolerant society, however perhaps we need to question just how much we tolerate.

I have never felt this way before however I fear that many others feel the same, perhaps as much as we would like to deny that terrorism can affect us, events like last night will inevitably change society.

Whether the changes are for the better or worse who knows.

45Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 20:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I was at Victoria station in London when the 7/7 attacks took place and I have two sons who were working in London. The closer you are the more it affects you but we shouldn't let these terrible acts change our society.

At the risk of being accused of racism one of the underlying problems we are dealing with is the idea that we should adapt to the culture of immigrants rather than them adapting to our culture. Most immigrants do integrate but there are areas where this has not happened and these are often the areas where some people are most susceptible to extremist Islamic ideas.

Multiculturalism doesn't work to quote former CRE chief Trevor Phillips https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi8mo2J3obUAhXMKcAKHXlEB7wQFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk-news%2F2015%2Fmar%2F16%2Ftrevor-phillips-race-multiculturalism-blog&usg=AFQjCNGCA2bzN43v0_-elkCp0sWTQE4ywQ&sig2=5XQzVFjGfkgjFZTTSxBv7Q

46Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 22:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

47Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

Not surprising.

Bomb maker on the loose.

More to come the authorities are clearly fearing.

As horrific as it was some sick mind cleverly planned and executed this butchery.

Pray we get them before their next attack.

48Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Tue May 23 2017, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 DAgeFYMXsAAxtZe

49Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Wed May 24 2017, 01:48

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As the security level heightened, we were informed that Operation Temperer had been activated. This allows for military personnel to assist civil powers with armed response. The military types are trained and up to spec so you might see the odd armed pongo floating around. 
I think it's about time we had a very serious chat with Saudi Arabia.

50Over 20 dead at the men arena - Page 3 Empty Re: Over 20 dead at the men arena Sat May 27 2017, 12:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:UK threat level raised to 'Critical'.

Not surprising.

Bomb maker on the loose.

More to come the authorities are clearly fearing.

As horrific as it was some sick mind cleverly planned and executed this butchery.

Pray we get them before their next attack.

The UK terrorism threat level has been reduced from critical to severe, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.
The change indicates an attack is highly likely, not imminently expected.
Soldiers deployed to support the police will be stood down on Monday night, at the close of the bank holiday weekend.
Earlier on Saturday, police evacuated an area of Moss Side in Manchester, in a search linked to Monday's bomb attack at the Manchester Arena which killed 22 people and left scores injured.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069959

I'm guessing that they have caught the bomb maker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum