Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 50]

691Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Trust me, I won't get bored of talking about Brexit and it's affects for a while yet. The legal agreement is a recent eventuality, and it should be properly scrutinised – had there been more scrutinisation before the vote we wouldn't be leaving.
You don't know that

692Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Of course I can’t be certain, but had we been given all the facts I think it’s a fair assumption - given how tight the result was.

What do you make of the broken promises? Does it matter to you?

693Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I genuinely don't believe either side had all the facts, because none of us could envisage what could come from it, or how it would come about. We've had to take a lot on faith, but its been an error strewn path from day one, for both sides,

694Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

695Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Easily enough:

If you vote Brexit, it will be X /we’ll do Y.

696Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:13 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?

697Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let it go. It's happening. Don't waste any more of your life on this shit. Life is short.

698Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

699Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Life is short but some of us have children and grandchildren and would prefer that the country wasn't fucked up.

Brexit doesn't have to happen.

700Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.

701Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.

702Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 pm

gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

It’s naive to think promises were made? I’d argue it’s  entirely factual. Did you look at the article?

703Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?
Am I right in saying that another red bus went on the road recently, in favour either remaining, or some similar reason. Haven't heard anything about it since the first day. (Owen Smith was sacked because even the Labour Party are beginning to realise that such a wish is nothing but pie in the sky.

704Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Life is short but some of us have children and grandchildren and would prefer that the country wasn't fucked up.

Brexit doesn't have to happen.
XM, taking such a pessimistic view all the time is more likely to fuck up our future than a positive one, whatever the circumstances.

705Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Smith was sacked for breaking the party line on Brexit, a tactical and underhand move on his part IMO.

706Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.
It was the right decision because we have stirred up a situation that will ensure that we as a nation, are able to make our own decisions, with respect to all things British, rather than be dragged along with many nations into a mindless comglomeration of petty bureacrats. We will have to learn to run out own country again.

707Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:26 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Smith was sacked for breaking the party line on Brexit, a tactical and underhand move on his part IMO.
True. I always thought he was unrealistic.

708Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:26 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Am I right in saying that another red bus went on the road recently, in favour either remaining, or some similar reason. Haven't heard anything about it since the first day. (Owen Smith was sacked because even the Labour Party are beginning to realise that such a wish is nothing but pie in the sky.

You have completely lost me now glos as I have no idea what you are referring to. You also haven't given any examples of brexiters delivering on their promises.

709Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm off to bed. To dream about the unfettered and positive future of this great country, (mind you winning the lottery would be nice as well Very Happy

Nite all

710Brexit negotiations - Page 36 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:

You have completely lost me now glos as I have no idea what you are referring to. You also haven't given any examples of brexiters delivering on their promises.
Nobody can give examples, were still negotiating. Its all talk so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum