Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

931Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 17:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm much less sanguine than you are about Germany's influence especially over Poland. Don't forget, the individual national governments have to ratify whatever agreements are reached and I can't see the German government being stupid enough to do anything that could be seen as interfering in Poland's internal affairs. And any Polish government that's seen to be toeing a German line would be instantly villified by the Polish people. Ultimately it's going to be the domestic opinions of the member states' populace that will decide how each state votes and no matter what Germany and France might want there are plenty of Europeans who distrust Berlin almost as much as they dislike us.

932Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 20:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The one thing you can guarantee is that the brexit fans on this site won't have anything constructive to say. They will remain completely impervious to facts and continue to dream their little Britain dreams.

933Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 20:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:The one thing you can guarantee is that the brexit fans on this site won't have anything constructive to say. They will remain completely impervious to facts and continue to dream their little Britain dreams.

::FU::

934Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 20:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:The one thing you can guarantee is that the brexit fans on this site won't have anything constructive to say. They will remain completely impervious to facts and continue to dream their little Britain dreams.

::FU::

I rest my case.

935Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've made your mind up. What's the point in arguing with you?

936Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 21:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You've made your mind up. What's the point in arguing with you?

OK but I would actually like to see someone make a case for brexit that was based on evidence as opposed to wild fantasies about trade opportunites post brexit or racist opinions (which I don't accuse you of having).

937Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 02 2018, 22:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

938Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 03 2018, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's hardly a surprise the reaction is it? Our politicians still think we can have our cake and eat it which is completely arrogant and stupid.

939Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 03 2018, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnson had a go from the sidelines again but Operation Ostrich has slapped him down again here. Not surprising as he offers no practical solutions whatsoever. Maybe he's finally realised what a dumbass idea Brexit is and has settled for sniping at the idiots he used to support before the reality of the situation started to set in? He can afford to as the rich won't get as mangled by leaving the EU.

940Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris again. 

The deeper we get into this mess, the more Boris is realising what he's done. Why he sees it as an opportunity to grab the Tory leadership is beyond me though. After all he was instrumental in causing the problem in the first place.

941Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 12:23

Because although there’s been a reported swing in leave to remain (according to one poll), the right of the Tory party are still behind the hardest Brexit possible and if that’s not delivered are ready to blame May when it inevitably goes wrong.

942Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 12:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

With a bit of luck Boris will cause the Tory party to implode. Most MPs (who decide the two candidates in any leadership campaign can't stand Boris because they know he is a mini-Trump with zero principles) but of course he is tremendously popular with the geriatic racists who constitute most of the actual membership of the Tory party and who get to vote in the leadership run off. They won't be pleased if Boris isn't one of the two candidates.

If I had to guess I would expect the two candidates to be Hunt and Javid, in which case I don't fancy Javid's chances.

943Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 15:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Boris again. 

The deeper we get into this mess, the more Boris is realising what he's done. Why he sees it as an opportunity to grab the Tory leadership is beyond me though. After all he was instrumental in causing the problem in the first place.
I thought that was Cameron.

944Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Boris again. 

I thought that was Cameron.
It was Cameron who invited the loonies to take over the asylum but there was a bunch of them who ran with it to further their own political careers and curry favour with the big international corporations that will benefit the most via Vote Leave founder Peter Cruddas, his billionaire cronies and a group of major Conservative party funders with international interests.
And what's happened to the public voices of the Leave campaign now that reality is setting in?
Michael Gove - made a bid for the Tory leadership, failed and has now modified his rhetoric whilst he sees which way the cookie will crumble.
Boris - after being stabbed in the back by Gove, was briefly a minister  and now doesn't like what is happening so is sniping from the sidelines.
Douglas Carswell - the only UKIP MP who has since lost his seat.
Gisela Stuart - born and raised in Germany, she stepped down as an MP at the 2017 election but still supports Leave.
Nigel Farage - anybody know what happened to him?
Former Vote Leave Chairman Nigel Lawson - applied for French citizenship. 'Nuff said.
Champions of Brexit - the Conservative Party. Called a snap election to win the extra seats they needed to railroad Plan A through but ended up losing 13 seats much to their surprise.
Most of all the British electorate - 2.6 million Leave voters have abandoned their support for Brexit since the referendum and over 100 former Leave constituencies have switched to supporting Remain. Although those independent surveys will no doubt be branded as fake news because nobody wants to hear it.

Brexit negotiations - Page 48 9k=

945Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 16:18

xmiles wrote: Most MPs (who decide the two candidates in any leadership campaign can't stand Boris because they know he is a mini-Trump with zero principles) but of course he is tremendously popular with the geriatic racists who constitute most of the actual membership of the Tory party and who get to vote in the leadership run off. 

Unfortunately that right wing group you mention is increasing in size beyond just ‘geriatrics’. UKIP’s membership collapsed as Brexiteer entryisys have  left to join the Tories. 

I don’t believe Karly is a geriatric - but would be a Boris voter from what I’ve read on here. It would be interesting to understand the attraction.

946Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 18:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Can anybody explain why a second referendum on brexit is "an abuse of democracy" but May calling an election two years after the previous election is not an abuse of democracy despite being contrary to the Fixed-term Parliaments Act ?

947Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 18:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've taken to reading this thread when I can't sleep at night.

948Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Sep 09 2018, 20:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Having an early night?

949Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 10 2018, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"The UK economy grew at the fastest pace in almost a year during the 3 months to June" says the BBC website.

Congrats to Theresa May and her government, doing a fine job despite all the hoo-ha about Brexit.

950Brexit negotiations - Page 48 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Sep 10 2018, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:"The UK economy grew at the fastest pace in almost a year during the 3 months to June" says the BBC website.

Congrats to Theresa May and her government, doing a fine job despite all the hoo-ha about Brexit.

..."in almost a year" being the key point as it has been so bad since Brexit that any kind of an improvement was inevitable even if it's only for 3 months.

Just for context, if you compare 2018 with 2017 the EU GDP as a whole grew 2.4% compared to the UK's paltry 1.7% i.e. since the referendum we are getting poorer and poorer compared to the EU.
Worse still the US is growing at over 4% so we are rapidly losing our position as leading economy under the Tories and as we continue to slide it's only a matter of time before we end up as Europe's poor neighbours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum