Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

31Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 16:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like ameobi is next to be announced after Lee Andersons tweet:

AM bEing OBvIously opportunistic today . Have a great sunday all. Making the most of the #sunsheeeeine

32Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Looks like ameobi is next to be announced after Lee Andersons tweet:

AM bEing OBvIously opportunistic today . Have a great sunday all. Making the most of the #sunsheeeeine
That''s a worry if it's true. We've seen Ameobi's limitations in League 1 and he was a relatively high earner at Newcastle so I'd hoped Parky and the scouts would have been a bit more imaginative in trying to find us a real attacking threat at Championship level - instead of sticking with Madine, ALF, Morais and Ameobi. If Ameobi is signed it would suggest that can offer a reasonable salary and perhaps a wider search might have got something better for the money. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I'm not 100% confident this strike force can hack it in the Championship and without goals we'll struggle. Does anyone feel inspired by this news?

33Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said all along Ameobi is a luxury player who performs once every 5 or 6 games. Morais showed what a player with an end product can do, Ameobi is a big step backwards in my opinion.

34Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've said all along Ameobi is a luxury player who performs once every 5 or 6 games. Morais showed what a player with an end product can do, Ameobi is a big step backwards in my opinion. Q

i can't believe he will sign for us But if Parky wants him in on board.

35Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How dare you add a 'Q' to my quote.

36Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:How dare you add a 'Q' to my quote.

I can't believe you drew attention to our safe letter

37Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fraizer Campbell.

38Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 00:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong - on loan from Newcastle

39Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 09:22

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Adam Armstrong - on loan from Newcastle
Not sure how I feel about this one. Not a great scoring record at Barnsley. But maybe he didn't get the service he needs.

40Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 09:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading a Barnsley report about him, he tended to play as a lone striker and he doesn't play that role well.

41Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 09:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong is unlikely to be returning to Barnsley next season – according to Tykes boss Paul Heckingbottom.

Armstrong is ruled out of the final day clash at St James’ Park due to the terms of his season-long loan from Newcastle, meaning a campaign earmarked as a potentially pivotal one for the 20-year-old striker is over. Armstrong’s season will be extended by linking up with England’s underage sides later in the summer and he is highly-rated in the national team’s set-up – but his first season of regular football in the second tier has been a mixed one.

The question of where his career goes next is a fascinating one, especially with Newcastle’s promotion to the Premier League meaning that the club will likely target another two strikers in the summer window.

Armstrong wanted a chance at St James’ Park last year but even when United made a stuttering start in the Championship, Benitez did not believe he was ready to lead the line for Newcastle in the second tier and sent him out to Barnsley to get regular football. In 21 starts he’s scored six times – enough for regulars at Barnsley to see his potential without actually believing he’s fulfilled it fully in South Yorkshire.

He’ll return for pre-season but will be made available for loan again. Bradford City, who pushed hard to try and sign him last summer, will be among many Football League clubs keen to take him but Benitez will want to see more from him in his next loan spell.

Barnsley would consider returning for him, but Heckingbottom thinks he will probably move elsewhere. “We probably won’t be able to keep any of our loan players. You never know but I would be surprised. If loan players perform well for us, other clubs become interested and we price ourselves out,” he said.

Benitez will proceed with caution. The Barnsley loan has been a learning experience and one that Armstrong must build on.

The 20-year-old has been used regularly at Oakwell but in Barnsley’s first season back in the Championship, he has been unable to stop their campaign fizzling out after a bright start. There have been a couple of spells out through injury

He scored Barnsley’s goal of the season for a sensational piece of individual skill and a deft finish at Preston but it’s been hard work at times for Armstrong. He has played on his own up front on occasions – not a role that he has relished at Barnsley.

The Barnsley Chronicle’s Doug O’Kane said: “It’s been mixed, really.

“You can see the fantastic potential that he has got and on occasion he really did look the part. But there have been times where he’s not really been able to get into games, and he’s been on his own front at times as well, which isn’t where I think he wants to play.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky says he's still looking to sign "4 or 5" players which given our financial position is amazing - if he can actually get the right ones. Looks like there's still a way to go.

43Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another player with no proven record in the Championship.

Clueless management.

44Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 11:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we'll get many players of that quality with an embargo in place and in the financial mess we're in. So its going to be a few risky signings and hoping they pay off.

45Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 11:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are plenty of older players with bags of experience that could do a job at this level.

I'm 33 but I'm better than most of this squad.

46Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 16:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

HABIB HABIBOU on trial from R C LENS.

30 years old striker currently has a 2 year suspended prison sentence for driving offences

He has reportedly had 30 convictions for 85 offences.

Bit of a charmer?

47Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 17:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't let him near your car keys.

48Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 17:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's quackers.

49Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 18:06

Looks like the type of player we need.

50Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather sign a Haribo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum