Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves 5-1 Bolton

+13
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
observer
gloswhite
Growler
Sluffy
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
wessy
Norpig
karlypants
rammywhite
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry but he does deserve some criticism, yes we were unbeaten in 7 games but threw away so many points due to his sitting back tactics and inability to change his tactics.

32Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:23

He's adapted multiple times in his time with us after losing key players, don't forget when we first started in league 1 he had Mark Davies playing a key creative role then lost him permanently, swiftly followed by losing Pratley for most of the season. 

The loss of ‘quality’ like the above was covered by Clough and Ameobi, we went on another good run then he lost them. We wobbled but he got us back on a run putting Vela in a more creative role, finding a way to win games and get us promoted.

We had a terrible start in the Championship but he found a way to grind out results and we got on a good run, only broken by an excellent Wolves side.

All of the above done with next to no money.

He plays a direct game, what do you expect with workhorses like Pratley and Henry in midfield and Madine up front? It would be madness to play any other way, you play to your strengths.

It’s just the latest criticism of a manager who for some reason a lot of fans have never really taken to. We are at a massive disadvantage in this league, but he’s made us competitive. If we don’t get a results against Barnsley Saturday criticism is well deserved, but let’s wait and see.

33Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.

34Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:There all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.

35Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:11

Norpig wrote:They're all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.

Ye fair enough, I wasn't at the Reading game so can't comment but he certainly can be overly cautious. This team is seriously limited though, we aren't going to go out and win games by dominating the opposition and having 90% possession, it's about hard work and being organised. 

The result against Wolves was flattering for them because Alnwick had a howler (not that we'd have run them close had he not but you see my point).

I said when we got relegated last time that fitness and organisation were the absolute minimum any championship team should have, and we didn't. 

We do under Parkinson though and that's why we can nick results in spite of a lack of quality. The fans need to give him a break in my opinion.

36Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:12

MartinBWFC wrote:Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.

Go on then, how is it obvious we have the players to get us up the league? Who in this team has performed consistently well in the Championship?

37Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if you think freedman is a better manager than Parky

38Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:There all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.
I don't think we do have the players to get us up this league or at least not far up - we have too many in the twilight of their career and an asthmatic so we aren't athletic enough to maintain a higher press, hence giving away possession and inviting pressure. Partly started the season trying to get a grip in midfield on his own  and we got murdered so it made sense from a defensive perspective to bring in Henry and sit them both deeper, but that just created a different set of problems.
I understand Parky's in a difficult position, but I agree that on the occasions we've managed to grab a lead we've retrenched too soon but I doubt that the players have the athleticism to keep up the high tempo for 90 minutes so it's a mess. We have athletes in the U23 and U18 teams but they won't be risked/aren't deemed good enough yet so in my mind, we need new, more athletic blood and I suspect that the only way we'll get that whilst Anderson is in charge is to find quality loanees that are willing to play for us.

39Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:As if you think freedman is a better manager than Parky
I do yes, but not by much, he's never managed below championship though so yes I'd say he was.

40Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[quote="wanderlust"]
MartinBWFC wrote: ...we have too many in the twilight of their career and an asthmatic so we aren't athletic enough .

What's your issue with Ameobi having asthma (not the first time you've highlighted it recently) - didn't give these two any problem!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nor these other athletes -

Or were you just making shit up again to try prove a point you were making?

41Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:59

Whether it's asthma or just lack of fitness Ameobi isn't able to compete 100% for the full 90 minutes. But we lack the creativity, flair and pace he brings so he's worth the compromise.

Still interested to hear which players you think are good enough to get us up the league though Martin.

42Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 12:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:Whether it's asthma or just lack of fitness Ameobi isn't able to compete 100% for the full 90 minutes. But we lack the creativity, flair and pace he brings so he's worth the compromise.

Still interested to hear which players you think are good enough to get us up the league though Martin.
Pretty much all of them if they were given the right roles and allowed to play, this goon sends them out fearful, you can see it with the sideways, backwards, hoof.

Any manager that can keep it on the ground and pass and move will get these players climbing the league, I'm not saying they're good enough for playoffs, but mid-table should be attainable with a decent manager.

43Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 14:30

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y wrote:Whether it's asthma or just lack of fitness Ameobi isn't able to compete 100% for the full 90 minutes. But we lack the creativity, flair and pace he brings so he's worth the compromise.

Yes, but a coach earning his or her wages would recognize that Ameobi was toast, and would have taken him off.  

I agree that Parky has drawn the short end of the straw as far as the talent he has to work with, but there needs to be mental fitness on his part.  If we are giving up possession and still pinning the offense back, why change?  If a player is knackered, you must take them off unless you have no changes left.  

Parky has cost us points in 4 of the past 6 or 7 games... and while he has been given no or few resources, we need him to be mentally tough to get us through the final 10-15 minutes of a match.  

Almost everyone on here recognizes that we have a threadbare squad and that our ambition is to survive this season.  Hopefully KA finds a buyer to splash some money around, but for today, we need to have Parky stay mentally tough and aware of what is working and what needs changing.  The 8 points we threw away would have changed the tone of this forum.  We only ask that we demand the same mental toughness of Parky as we do from the players.  Sometimes it is those who have less ability who are mentally tougher.  What we lack is a team leader to inspire and keep our heads in the game.  Tuning out with 10 minutes to play is unacceptable... both from the players side and from Parkys.  Let's hope we can resolve the problem and pick up enough points to finish above relegation.  I believe we have the players to do that... but lack the fitness and mental toughness to date.

P.S.  We still suck at passing and Morais's acumen in League One kept us up.  Who can step up to the plate now?  January is a month away!  Find someone!

44Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 17:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote: ...we have too many in the twilight of their career and an asthmatic so we aren't athletic enough .

What's your issue with Ameobi having asthma (not the first time you've highlighted it recently) - didn't give these two any problem!

Nor these other athletes -

Or were you just making shit up again to try prove a point you were making?
Yes I was making it all up.

45Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 17:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We all know Parky has nothing to work with but all we ask is an aggressive game plan and some non hoof. That's all.  As shown in various games where we pile it on towards the end when down by a goal. We are terrible unlucky in some of those last minute chance games. So why not play like that from the first minute. And see where the chips fall.
Case in point from last night.....Leicester vs Spurs..... Leicester came out piling it on.....got their two goals......of course they couldn't maintain it in the second half.  Spurs were all over them...but Leicester still won the game. What I'm saying is they had a right old do at them and this time it paid off. 
We go in with a negative attitude to hold them to a clean sheet and then nick one......doesn't seem to be working. Might be me though.

46Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 20:57

terenceanne wrote:We all know Parky has nothing to work with but all we ask is an aggressive game plan and some non hoof. That's all.  As shown in various games where we pile it on towards the end when down by a goal. We are terrible unlucky in some of those last minute chance games. So why not play like that from the first minute. And see where the chips fall.
Case in point from last night.....Leicester vs Spurs..... Leicester came out piling it on.....got their two goals......of course they couldn't maintain it in the second half.  Spurs were all over them...but Leicester still won the game. What I'm saying is they had a right old do at them and this time it paid off. 
We go in with a negative attitude to hold them to a clean sheet and then nick one......doesn't seem to be working. Might be me though.

Do you think Spurs game plan was to come out slowly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum