Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton

+13
doffcocker
Bollotom2014
NickFazer
observer
Norpig
wessy
rammywhite
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 19:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:I didn’t see any pre match build up, what forced him? Are Vela and Ameobi injured?

You owe me an apology.

That’s unlikely, do tell though.

32Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 19:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've been waiting for this longer than Whittam's been waiting to have her curtains refitted. 

Even in the 96th minute I reckon most Bolton fans were convinced we wouldn't win. That's how pathetic the team has been at this level for a good few years. But credit where it's due, it's three points and it sort of feels more like six.

33Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 19:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s unlikely, do tell though.

Not 48 hours ago you were saying Parky should stick to the tried and tested 10-0-0 formation he'd employed in most away games.

34Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 19:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

999 days wait for this !! If this dosnt deserve a BEL don't know what does
Happy New year to you all

35Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 20:50

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s unlikely, do tell though.

Not 48 hours ago you were saying Parky should stick to the tried and tested 10-0-0 formation he'd employed in most away games.

I know you’re looking for an excuse to strike up conversation with me, but lies come across a bit desperate. Don’t worry I’m as pleased as the rest that you’ve popped back up

36Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 20:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Nat... now that you've dragged yourself backwards out of the closet, and 2018 is but a singed fanny fart away, it's time to pull your knickers up, make us a cup of tea, and get back to what you do best. Behind Enemy Lines.

I'm not sure who pissed you off enough to stop writing it but they're probably deceased by now judging by the average age of most of the posters on Nuts.

You've clearly got an audience given that at least 4 posters (3 if you have multiple accounts) are calling for a reprise. And, you've definitely got the material with a win over Sheffield United. Possibly the biggest bunch of bell ends in football who are seemingly more than happy to disgrace themselves.

Let's ring in the New Year with a BEL that has no END!

37Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 20:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After 11 games we sat on 2 points, with less than 8 1/2 point season projection.  Today, somehow, we sit on a projected 40 1/2 points.  Need to beat Hull on Monday!  Happy New Year all!  Somehow, someway, we may just survive until we find an owner who can reach into his/her pocket and take us up a notch.  Until then, it is a fight for survivial.

38Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 21:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

39Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You twats, I have a life you know. Cecil is coming round later and he's promised me an evening of sensual love making. I'm pretty sure he means with me.

I hope he finishes before Match of the Day starts.

40Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sat Dec 30 2017, 21:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite an honest assessment of Bolton from an SU forum:

Bolton – Perfect away performance. They have been awful away with results and performances and so had to win ugly in a sense but it was not all like that and I will give them credit for a decent first half performance. They then defended well, made blocks, odd save and got a bit of luck with the sitter at the death. However, they were not outplayed at any point of the game and it was not really back to the walls stuff. They were in the game all afternoon and started much better than us.

The first 30 minutes they played some decent stuff, won all the battles and scored a good goal. They had a lot more of the ball and I felt did not just lump it. They won a fair few free kicks but that was from being quicker to the ball. Wilder did not give them much credit and came across a bit petty about their style. Why he felt need to bang on and one about their style was odd. So, what? You have to beat teams like that but we could not and are one of the few teams that have failed to break them down all season. That is on us. They gave themselves a base to then be a bit more cynical, slow things down and break things up. Yes, they did time waste but they were no worse than Norwich as an example. That is up to the referee to be a bit more with it and at times he let them do it but you can see why; they are at the bottom and desperate for points.

They are direct and are ugly to watch but today for the first part of the game they were not really like that. They played some decent stuff and scored a really good goal. They showed some quality build up, cross and finish. Three things we struggled with all game. It was not great defending but that was the only good cross all game from either side. They get it forward and feed off scraps but they did play some decent stuff and defended well.

I felt after they scored, they did become cynical and a little bit ugly but you could say we did the same for us at Bolton and we slowed the game down too. All away teams do it and they will say it was a perfect performance. We had chances but not loads. Wilder said they were really good chances but outside of the Clarke miss and the Baldock chance; not sure we had any golden chances really. They will be happy as an away team 2nd from bottom to limit our chances. We were not absolutely piling on the pressure and even late on they were defending fairly comfortably till that late flurry.

Opposition Man of the Match: The keeper played well with two good saves and is a major improvement on the hapless Howard who I note is not even on the bench (is he injured?) The two centre backs got their bodies in the way and the full backs stopped too many crosses coming in. Henry stopped Duffy being too influential and the lad Robinson was very good first half until Baldock got him going the other way. Morais put some decent balls in too. Overall, it was a workmanlike team performance and a surprisingly good one. United probably felt it was going to be a lot easier than it was and got a rude awakening first half. However, sadly the best player maybe on the pitch was the match winner. Madine was excellent for all his pantomime theatrics. He caused us all sorts of problems and bullied us. He gave a few fouls away and got booked but he ran his socks off, scored and won lots of the 50/50 balls often against two men. He gave the opposite performance of Sharp did for us.

Opposition Weak link: Not sure anyone was that bad really. Le Fondre did not really get in the game and the full back Robinson struggled with Baldock second half but nobody was really poor and their work rate was exceptional as they plugged gaps and restricted us to few chances.

41Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 01:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goal - enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 11:08

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

An amazing result. I honestly think Parky was writing off that match by dropping Amoebi, Vela and Little to rest them for the more important game against Hull.
With one eye on their huge match at Derby tomorrow and the other on a weakened Bolton team, perhaps Sheff Utd underestimated their task and didn't put the effort in until they were losing.

43Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 12:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sheffield United boss takes swipe at Bolton Wanderers tactics

SHEFFIELD United boss Chris Wilder described Gary Madine’s match-winning performance as “outstanding” but took a side-swipe at Wanderers’ tactics at Bramall Lane.
The Blades boss was disappointed with his side’s defending as Madine finished off a flowing move involving Adam Le Fondre and Antonee Robinson on the left.
Phil Parkinson had switched to a 3-5-2 formation to match up his opponents, who seemed to be caught on the hop early in the game with ex-Wanderer Chris Basham struggling at right wing-back.

Wilder substituted defender Cameron Carter-Vickers 10 minutes after the goal, bringing Basham back into the centre of defence. But he insisted there had been “nothing tactical” about the way Wanderers took the lead.
“It was a smash and grab,” he said. “They started the second half better than us, turned it into a game they wanted it to be.

“Their manager before said he knew how we played, we know how they play – whack it towards Madine and then get on the ball and get it in the box – it was two contrasting styles.

“There was nothing tactical about their goal. If there was it would have happened four, five or six times but it didn’t, it only happened once because we defended very poorly out wide.

“After that we dominated from box to box but couldn’t find that quality which I think would have gone on and won us the game. Credit to them, they defended, whacked it to the best player in the game – Gary Madine. Even though he’s come in for criticism I thought he was outstanding.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

44Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:I honestly think Parky was writing off that match by dropping Amoebi, Vela and Little to rest them for the more important game against Hull.

I agree totally. Just like last season he's accidentally fallen into a system that suits the players we have.

Lucky.

45Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 12:28

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You got turned over you Maggot, 'we were the better team' blah blah blah whine whine, fuck of Wilder you ponse !!!!!

46Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 12:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't usually watch stuff like this but the young Wanderers fan who lives down London and who does video logs (vlogs) did quite an impressive one for our first away win in the Championship in 999 days (although we weren't even in it for one year but don't let facts get in the way of a good story this time).

It is quite long - just under 20 minutes - but he does do a good job of showing the atmosphere in the away end at the ground.  He clearly is 'product placing' one or two things and I doubt I'll be racing to watch his future vlogs - but I did enjoy this one.

47Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 15:34

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I don't usually watch stuff like this but the young Wanderers fan who lives down London and who does video logs (vlogs) did quite an impressive one for our first away win in the Championship in 999 days (although we weren't even in it for one year but don't let facts get in the way of a good story this time).

It is quite long - just under 20 minutes - but he does do a good job of showing the atmosphere in the away end at the ground.  He clearly is 'product placing' one or two things and I doubt I'll be racing to watch his future vlogs - but I did enjoy this one.

I can’t say I noticed product placement in his previous vlogs so it was a surprise to see them in this one. I like the fact that his dad nearly always goes for a loss but is happy if he gets his pint before the game.

48Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Bolton Sun Dec 31 2017, 16:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best thing about it was that Parky reverted to his "other" system for this match and it was definitely the right call. He also selected players on their form in training which shows he has got to the point where is showing a bit of flexibility and willing to adapt to circumstances. I don't think we can read too much in Vela's omission (tactical/form/is being sold?) or Amoebi's (injury) but the question is whether these players would perform in a 3 - 5 - 2 or not - and whether or not an upturn in their form would get them picked again next time Parky plays it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum