Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ask to keep Everton, Newcastle and West Ham stars

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson wants to keep ALL FOUR of his loanees at the Macron Stadium for the rest of the season.

The Wanderers boss has confirmed negotiations have begun to extend deals for West Ham pair Josh Cullen and Reece Burke, Everton’s Antonee Robinson and Newcastle United’s Adam Armstrong.

After taking nine points from a possible 12 over the festive period and climbing out of the relegation zone, Parkinson is keen to keep his tightly-knit squad together. And that could also mean resisting interest from elsewhere for prized assets Gary Madine and Josh Vela – whose names have been bandied around the transfer gossip columns over the past few weeks.

“I keep saying that but we’ve got a decent group of players who are pulling together and that can count for a lot,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think we will add to the squad at some stage, be able to freshen things up a little bit but the most important thing for me is making sure we keep what we have got.

“I want to keep all the loan players, I have had discussions with the relevant clubs and I’ll continue to do so.”

Hammers youngsters Burke and Cullen had been tipped to return to the Premier League to be loaned out elsewhere after failing to nail down a regular place in Parkinson’s side.

Both returned to the team at Sheffield United on Saturday, playing a major part in the 1-0 win, and Burke was given the nod ahead of David Wheater at centre-half in Monday’s win against Hull City.

Cullen also came off the bench in the first half to put in an impressive performance against the Tigers – and with Darren Pratley potentially facing a long lay-off with an ankle injury, the 21-year-old now has an opportunity to play regularly in the Championship.

“Josh has done great,” said Parkinson, who had worked with Cullen and Burke at his previous club Bradford City. “He’s been frustrated he hasn’t played but he’s got such a strong mentality.

“For a young lad he has been driving the team on. We’d like to keep him, and we’ll see.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cullen isn't the sort of player to fill in for Pratley, there's a donkey in the field behind my parents house that is prepared to do the job for a bag of carrots.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Cullen isn't the sort of player to fill in for Pratley, there's a donkey in the field behind my parents house that is prepared to do the job for a bag of carrots.
Doubt Anderson would be willing to invest that much especially if they were his own carrots.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't keep Armstrong, he hasn't done enough for me but the other 3 we could definitely do with them staying on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Armstrong is better than Buckley, I'd rather see him on the left.

In a perfect world we'd sign a left footed midfielder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum