Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Carillion

Carillion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Carillion - Page 2 Empty Re: Carillion on Fri Jan 19 2018, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That is shocking, so yet again the average worker gets shafted on pensions  Rolling Eyes

32Carillion - Page 2 Empty Re: Carillion on Fri Jan 19 2018, 12:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
To show how ridiculous PFI agreements can be, where I used to work, there was a section that had 24 hour TV screens, set on particular channels. If, for whatever reason, somebody wanted the channels changed, they had to phone a specific person, and request it, (followed by the on-line request form), for this they were charged £11.

The problem is that the building was tailored for a specific purpose, and negotiations included some civil servants who knew their job, but didn't have a clue about contracts, loopholes, etc. Hence the ridiculous building costs, and ongoing charges. They even get to take their building back, free of charge, after, (I think), 40 years.
We were told that PFI was good, as the government didn't have to pay for the full support infrastructure, which as it has turned out, is a load of rubbish, and I'm sure that if the true figures come out, for all PFI 'initiatives', we'll see we've all been shafted by a dishonest private industry, and an incompetent government negotiating process.

33Carillion - Page 2 Empty Re: Carillion on Fri Jan 19 2018, 13:18

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:To show how ridiculous PFI agreements can be, where I used to work, there was a section that had 24 hour TV screens, set on particular channels. If, for whatever reason, somebody wanted the channels changed, they had to phone a specific person, and request it, (followed by the on-line request form), for this they were charged £11.

The problem is that the building was tailored for a specific purpose, and negotiations included some civil servants who knew their job, but didn't have a clue about contracts, loopholes, etc. Hence the ridiculous building costs, and ongoing charges. They even get to take their building back, free of charge, after, (I think), 40 years.
We were told that PFI was good, as the government didn't have to pay for the full support infrastructure, which as it has turned out, is a load of rubbish, and I'm sure that if the true figures come out, for all PFI 'initiatives', we'll see we've all been shafted by a dishonest private industry, and an incompetent government negotiating process.
On that note, Defence Estates need to be overhauled. There's a lot of chat about cutting the defence budget but as long as DE continue to pay 2 or 3 times over the odds for private sector services, I have no sympathy.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum