Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opening week of the season

+14
Sluffy
rammywhite
Keegan
CEF
doffcocker
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
WhiteBic
Bernard Dennis Park
Numpty 28723
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

How many points will we get next week?

Opening week of the season Vote_lcap13%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap0%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap4%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap4%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap25%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 25% [ 6 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap8%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap21%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 21% [ 5 ]
Opening week of the season Vote_lcap21%Opening week of the season Vote_rcap 21% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Opening week of the season Empty Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:47

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We have three games in 7 days coming up - Burnley (A), Derby (H), Forest (H), followed by a week off, due to a pointless international friendly.

So after having no competitive football for over three months, we are thrown into action. 3 games in 7 days is not ideal and we can expect Coyle's squad to be put to use.

How many points will we pick up from these three games?

2Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think 7 is a good target.

a draw against Burnley would be a good result and honestly i'd be hoping for 2 wins in the home game.

but hey, it could go the other way entirely, new league, we're a scalp, new players, expectant crowd....

3Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be very happy with 9 points! It is very achievable...

4Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think at least one win and no defeats is a fairly good start - 5 point minimum I would say. I think we will get more than 5, but I've voted 9 because I am want to be positive.

5Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 12:59

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

9 is definitely what we should be aiming for...

If I was gartside, coyles remit would be to win the championship - full stop.

Id only show leniency if we finished second and thus still came up.

anything less is unacceptable...

6Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:10

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I predict a draw for the first game then two wins.

Anything less than five points and I predict a riot.

7Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:26

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

9 or Coyle has to go.

8Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:02

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

5 points - A win away and 2 draws at home. Looking at our squad I am confident we will do well this season. If we are not in mix come November we will have to ask questions.

9Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle is a cautious manager, he'll play for a draw at Burnley (but won't get it).

Then he'll claim the squad are tired and be happy with two home draws.

2 points.

10Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:46

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

We'll lose to Burnley, beat Derby and draw against Forest

11Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Win one, lose one, draw one = 4, for me.

12Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:18

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

13Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I've voted 9 because I am want to be positive also. ok.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 16:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I reckon a 1-0 loss at Burnley as we'll be complacent and they'll really be up for it. Then we'll turn over the opposition in the next two games as they're shocked into action. The Championship is a tough place to be.

15Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 16:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Three defeats. Coyle sees the positives. Gartside still doesn't sack him!

Knight and Davies start every game. Sordell manages a total of 7 minutes over the three games from the bench.

16Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 16:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I've gone for 4 points. This is piss poor but unfortunately it's enough for Coyle to stick to his masterplan and Gartside to renew his contract for another year.

17Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 16:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Three defeats. Coyle sees the positives. Gartside still doesn't sack him!

Knight and Davies start every game. Sordell manages a total of 7 minutes over the three games from the bench.

If I wasn't trying to be positive (at least for 10 games) I would say that you are probably right. Sad

18Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 19:23

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

For some reason I'm confident of the 9. 3-1 against Burnley. 2-0 against Derby. 1-0 against forest..........i hope. I see us being very hard to beat especially at home this season..........again..........i hope. Very Happy

19Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish I shared your confidence, I really do.

20Opening week of the season Empty Re: Opening week of the season Mon Aug 13 2012, 20:01

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Five points. Two draws and a win against Derby.Too much will be seen of Davies and Pratley and not enough of Sordell and Afobe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum