Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-3 Preston

+16
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
observer
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
gloswhite
wessy
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Mon Mar 05 2018, 21:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Playing three center backs at home ..... can't expect any movement into midfield or passing skills...therefore the hoof and lack of possession. So we invite teams on to us and then it's only a matter of time.
I don't blame the players at all. It's parky going into games like a frightened rabbit instead of giving it a right good go.

92Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Mon Mar 05 2018, 22:18

Yes no team that play 3 center backs could ever pass the ball, you absolute dunce.

93Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 11:57

Sam Hogg

Sam Hogg
David Ngog
David Ngog

I think the structure of the team is wrong, with players being played out of place, tbh it feels like the start of the season again with the team looking lost just randomly hoofing the ball towards the attackers. Parky loves 3 cbs, 2 wing backs and a target man, problem is he's playing players like morais etc as wing backs and false 9s as target men. As a manager no matter the hand your delt you need to play to your strengths. Our team needs to play the ball on the ground and to feet. I feel sorry for Harry Charley and Connor Hall who can't get in the team due to old man wilbs.

94Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 12:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sam Hogg wrote:I think the structure of the team is wrong, with players being played out of place, tbh it feels like the start of the season again with the team looking lost just randomly hoofing the ball towards the attackers. Parky loves 3 cbs,  2 wing backs and a target man, problem is he's playing players like morais etc as wing backs and false 9s as target men. As a manager no matter the hand your delt you need to play to your strengths. Our team needs to play the ball on the ground and to feet. I feel sorry for Harry Charley and Connor Hall who can't get in the team due to old man wilbs.

Hello and welcome Sam.

Some interesting observations there.

I guess we just need to get over the line of staying up this season, then with some personnel changes over the summer, we can play different styles of football.

As it stands now I don't think we have the players to play a passing game from the back and hence the hoofs forward. I guess that being the case someone needs to be a target man, which in turn cuts out the midfield and the on the floor killer passing.

Just my view though, what do everybody else think?

95Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Hogg wrote:I feel sorry for Harry Charley and Connor Hall who can't get in the team due to old man wilbs.

Unless you've seen them play what are you basing that on? A relegation battle is rarely the time to pick youngsters with no experience at all.

We were terrible against Preston but the introduction of Henry tonight should make us more difficult to beat. I don't know where the goals are going to come from, but Ameobi, Clough, Le Fondre etc need to earn their coin, they've all been useless these last few games.

96Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome Sam, a brave man putting a real picture of himself as his avi  Very Happy

As for hoofing it, we simply have to stop it. If Clough or ALF are in the team they are going to win nothing and the least said about Grandad the better  Rolling Eyes

97Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Welcome Sam, a brave man putting a real picture of himself as his avi  Very Happy

As for hoofing it, we simply have to stop it. If Clough or ALF are in the team they are going to win nothing and the least said about Grandad the better  Rolling Eyes
What's Boncey done to you? Very Happy

98Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:Welcome Sam, a brave man putting a real picture of himself as his avi  Very Happy

Where do i start Martin?  Very Happy

99Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Where do i start Martin?  Very Happy
Outrageous!
I'm not old. I'm fashionably weathered.
And welcome Sam. I wish you luck trying to navigate the landscape that is Nuts.
If you leave with your sanity in tact,you'll have done well.
Random question....do you wear slippers?

100Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 16:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After the miserable performance on Saturday, we can't afford to lose yet another game. I know we are clueless away from home but we have got to get a least a draw from this match.

Welcome Sam, Nuts is short for Nutters, and most of them are.

101Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Tue Mar 06 2018, 20:05

Sam Hogg

Sam Hogg
David Ngog
David Ngog

Thanks for the welcome guys. Natasha I'm basing on the fact that not only is Harry one of Evertons most promising young players but when he was brought here based on his interviews he was clearly under the impression that he would be getting first team football. He is ideal cover for Vela who's performance levels have dropped...might give Vela a kick in the bum. Secondly Hall is the under 23s leagues top scorer, yet a place in the team is taken up by someone who can barely run, it's not Wilbs fault he's just past his prime, if he ever had one. As a side note no matter how hard Pratley tries he's simply not technically good enough for a place in our team, trying hard isn't good enough. I'm not asking to play it from the back but ffs at least play it from the midfield, the strongest bit of our team. Ps As I'm on a train from London to the North mind the grammar it's hard on a phone lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum