Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What’s happened to Clough?

+2
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What’s happened to Clough? Empty What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 13:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks a shadow of his former self when he was first name on the team sheet and scoring worldies week in week out.

Was it all a flash in the pan? Or is his confidence just low from his time at Forest?

2What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 13:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He looks a shadow of his former self when he was first name on the team sheet and scoring worldies week in week out.

He was ok during his first stint, I don't remember many "worldies" as you put it. His finishing was always erratic, it seems even worse now.

I can't understand why he hasn't made an effort to bulk up, he is so lightweight I just can't see him ever getting in a game.

We won't be making his loan signing permanent. Thankfully.

3What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 14:46

It’s obvious, but he needs to work on the physical side of his game. The problem is he doesn’t seem to have made any progress in that regard since he first broke into the team. Whether it’s a case of willing I’m not sure, needs to get his head down though he’s in last chance saloon for his career at this level.

4What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 16:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We cashed in at the right time IMO - which is unusual for us.

5What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 16:23

He's far from a write off at this point by the way, he clearly has the talent which is the hardest bit.

6What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 18:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For me he’s just lacking in confidence. I doubt he wanted to leave us in the first place and I can see him being re signed permanently in the summer

7What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Tue Mar 13 2018, 19:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:For me he’s just lacking in confidence. I doubt he wanted to leave us in the first place and I can see him being re signed permanently in the summer
Forest aren't going to write off £2m, and we aren't going to pay so a no go.

8What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Wed Mar 14 2018, 15:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't really want him back because if you look past the fondness he is shown for being a home grown player, he just isn't that good - as Forest have discovered.

9What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Wed Mar 14 2018, 16:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He seems to have a lovely touch when running with the ball.

He's just to small and weak though.

He'd be good in a team as a luxury player but we aren't in that position.

If Ameobi goes though we probably will end up with him on loan next season though.

10What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Wed Mar 14 2018, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:If Ameobi goes though we probably will end up with him on loan next season though.

Why? Parkinson clearly doesn't fancy him as he's hardly had a kick.

He'll be back at Forest next season if we stay up.

11What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Wed Mar 14 2018, 18:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:If Ameobi goes though we probably will end up with him on loan next season though.

Why? Parkinson clearly doesn't fancy him as he's hardly had a kick.

He'll be back at Forest next season if we stay up.

I don't think Parkinson has too much of a say in who is signed and who goes, but I do think though that he is allowed to pick the team on the pitch without any interference.

So if he isn't fancied at Forest (he mustn't be or he wouldn't be here) and Ameobi moves on, and Anderson wants some one cheap to unlock defences, then it wouldn't surprise me if he has Clough back on loan next season.

And if Parkinson no longer has Ameobi, then maybe he will use Clough more.

That's my reasoning anyway.

12What’s happened to Clough? Empty Re: What’s happened to Clough? Thu Mar 15 2018, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't buy all this he's too small and lightweight talk, there are plenty of players out there of a similar stature that play at much higher levels than Clough. In my opinion he's just lacking a bit of confidence and probably isn't fully match fit yet as he's hardly played at Forest or Bolton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum