Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 23:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Did you know that his hit single 'Marianne' was written by Bill Owen? (Compo)

I didn't. He's most certainly the Peter Pan of Pop. His Miss you nights was one of my favourites.

32Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 28 2018, 00:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:Dr Hinge is on the right AD.
Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Dr-evadne-hinge-and-the-dame-hilda-bracket-at-the-globe-theatre-picture-id830856798
Ha that's them bloody hilarius they were saw them on stage at Eastbourne with my Aunt who looked like Hinge lol! bit of an insult to hinge though bonce she don't look like a turtle. Anyway i agree with RT nowt wrong with cliff bastards should have left him be, i fucking hate coppers from top to bottom as for the BBC they have not invented a word bad enough to describe them for me. I'll go with Carrie as his best.

33Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 28 2018, 01:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Reebok Trotter wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?

If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

Wiltshire Police have already settled  up with Cliff's complaint against them. Damages of £500,000 is the subject mentioned in court. In Cliff's case it's not about the money, more the slur and defamation of his character. Ask yourself this, if Sir Cliff really was into abusing young men do you not think the News of the World and other salacious publications would have reported an expose by now? Even though his private life was exposed on national television not a single credible victim has come forward with any evidence linking him to any dodgy behaviour. Just because he is gay it doesn't mean he is a kiddy fiddler or sexual predator.

Well the police raided his home for some reason they must have thought at the time warranted it (claims by four men apparently). Similarly the BBC reporter believed he had a credible story to publish - otherwise why did the police take any notice of him? And the News of the World et al, never did a story on Saville although it appears now that there were lots of 'rumours' about him at time he was doing his industrial scale kiddy fiddling.

I don't think many come out of this at all well.

Anyway I thought this was an interesting read -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/17/cliff-richard-bbc-court-case-police-press-media

34Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 28 2018, 08:00

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
That Guardian article makes a very good point.

35Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Sat Apr 28 2018, 09:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

36Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 10:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

And they will. I suspect damages of £3 million plus legal costs will take the final bill to the taxpayer to be about £4 million.

37Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Reebok Trotter wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

And they will. I suspect damages of £3 million plus legal costs will take the final bill to the taxpayer to be about £4 million.
It's the first time cliff will have had any of my money RT Laughing

38Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 19:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:
@Reebok Trotter wrote:

It's the first time cliff will have had any of my money RT Laughing

Mine too!

39Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I bought Mistletoe & Wine on 7".

Money well spent.

40Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 20:42

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Reebok Trotter wrote:

What are you basing those figures on?

41Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cliff Richard - what's that all about? on Mon Apr 30 2018, 21:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He is claiming £3 million damages from the BBC and if he wins it normally includes settling his legal bill and court costs. he has already had half a million from Wiltshire Police and they have given evidence on oath that the BBC reporter put pressure on them to allow the BBC full access to the raid because if they didn't then the BBC would report the story before the police had time to execute the warrant.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum