Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kev D never again please and another fucking blind linesman.

+4
Sluffy
terenceanne
largehat
Born to be a wanderer
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Evil or Very Mad Hoof Ball to KD,chungy should of put us 1-0 up then a player stood 2 yards offside puts them 1-0 up.Not again.Coyle should have had eagles on from the start.Zat Knight seemed to be doing ok till the failure of the defence to cut out a low cross 2-0.Very poor and ive not sat on a wooden seat for well i cant remember.What a shit hole.Coyle hopefully gets this sanchez guy.I know im rambling but if we dont do Derby and Forest then Coyle i can feel the knot tightening.KD great servant been paid well for it but put him out to graze and see if N,Gog and Sordell will make a decent partnership,The only good thing about the Championship is we get to play tuesday and not have to suffer a week before we play again.Gutted after feeling so positive about today and been looking forward to the match.A shit line up Knight n KD for a start.Then the linesman who was looking elsewhere when Paterson was 2 yards offside.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think I can remember the last time, if ever, Bolton fans have either universally either booed or kept silent at the end of an away game. Given that the tunnel was at our end as well it looked pretty bad.

A dismal performance from every single player. Burnley fielded a young side who worked hard for 94 minutes, threw their bodies in front of the ball, chased lost causes, and just generally wanted to win a game of football.

We fielded a bunch of overpaid primadonnas who gave up after their early domination didn't lead to a breakthrough, looked lethargic and unfit and couldn't string 3 passes together.

There seemed to be a big element of luck about both their goals but a draw would have papered over a dismal performance of the most sickening variety. That's twice I've been to Burnley in 2 years and seen a spineless performance, at least last time it was a second string team.

I'm not asking for miracles in the two home games this coming week. I am asking for Kevin Davies to be dropped to the bench and for our goalkeeper not to lump the ball into midfield every time he gets it. There was one instance with 10 minutes left where Bogdan could have taken the ball under control and given it to a full back, but he actually chose to let the ball go for a goal kick so he could take a run up and lump it as far as possible.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hoof ball has been the name of the game at our club for years. I am still waiting for this OC type of football to appear. No sign of it today again.
How come a Swansea can do it ? apparently they passed it all over again today.
On the Bright Side ....at least we are not Liverpool fans ....they have expectations of higher things. We are just trying to finish above Derby.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

To be fair, I don't think many clubs have a goalkeeper like Vorm who can pick a 70 yard pass. He is unbelievable with the ball at his feet, he can play it to Graham at chest/midriff height when Graham is stood just outside the opposition 18 yard box - that's unbelievable. But more and more we are seeing a range of clubs at various levels who use goal kicks or situations where the goalkeeper has the ball at his feet, under no pressure, as an opportunity to build from the back, but we never take this opportunity and once the ball is lumped up we are not particularly good at winning that ball, and even when we do, using it. That's really frustrating, we just keep surrendering possession.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You've only just realised this!?

It's been going on for 18 months or more.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's been going on for a while, definitely. I don't know which bit of my post gave the impression I've just twigged though. I was talking about Vorm, I only saw him last season (in both league games against Swansea - their reserve keeper tried it in the FA Cup game and he got himself into trouble an awful lot).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan is a Jussi clone with a slightly better command of his area.

His kicking is rubbish. But he kept us in the game with countless good quality saves.

In his early games he used to throw it out a lot more but slowly it's dissipated. Assuming he's had it "coached" out of him.

yet again all our trouble came down the wings, No protection at all for Ricketts and Mears was usually caught upfield or way out of position somewhere.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bogdan is a Jussi clone with a slightly better command of his area.

His kicking is rubbish. But he kept us in the game with countless good quality saves.

In his early games he used to throw it out a lot more but slowly it's dissipated. Assuming he's had it "coached" out of him.

Yep with possibly the best goal-keeping coach basically being shown the door by Coyle & Co after Jussi jumped ship. I was surprised the kitman (aka brother-in-law) wasn't sat on the bench today, next to Coyle!!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But "the best goalkeeping coach" taught Jussi, who couldn't kick to save his life.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As I've been alluding to for a while, players don't necessarily just come into their own once they drop down a division.

Even at his best, Davies' lack of speed, footballing technique and energy has been a stumbling block in terms of the fluency of our play for over a year.

I keep reading "Kevin's gonna be a nightmare for Championship teams". On today's evidence, the only Championship team he's gonna nightmare for is Bolton Wanderers.

In fairness, I'd like to be able to say we improved drastically when he was replaced but we didn't. We may have to pray Ngog can step up to the plate and link up well with Sordell, from who there was some encouraging signs today.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was thinking of you today doffcocker. Specifically an incident towards the end of the first half when an inbred left Davies flat on his arse, robbed him of possession and he stood there appealing for a foul. It was sad to see to be honest.

If he stays, I do think Ngog will be the first choice out of our four strikers, the other proviso being that he keeps himself fit. Hopefully that will spell pretty much the end of Davies being a regular starter.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:I was thinking of you today doffcocker.

That's so sweet... I love you

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think anyone thought Davies was going to be jinking past defenders and curling in Henry esq specials.

I was more hoping he'd be able to use his canniness to win free kicks, muscle defenders out of the game in the box and win the majority of his battles in the air.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum