Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Amazon

Amazon

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Amazon Empty Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 18:36

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I used to like the Amazon recommendations as it suggested things I might be interested in. Unfortunately they have completely changed it and the algorithm they are using is complete crap and I am now bombarded with hundreds of items I haven't the slightest interest in plus it it very tedious to remove these items and the algorithm seems totally oblivious of what I like and dislike.

No doubt it is all designed to sell more stuff.

2Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's because of Brexit.

3Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 19:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I get lots of ads too, allegedly based on my past purchases and more recently loads of free or 99p offers. Used to be a good site but if you're not a "Prime" member they offer you tat and when you fancy summat a bit tasty try to inveigle you into signing up for "Prime"

4Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 21:44

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
I realised I was getting old when they sent me a lovely list of sink plungers.

5Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just started a 30 day free trial of Prime. I'll cancel it after 29. I do it on a regular basis.
You'd have thought they'd have sussed me by now.

6Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Thu Apr 26 2018, 22:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I got a student nus card for about £15, this allows you to register as a student on amazon and get 6 months amazon prime for free.  After that you pay half the normal price.



Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Fri Apr 27 2018, 08:37; edited 1 time in total

7Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 07:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:I got a student nus card for about £15, this allows you to register as a student on amazon and get 6 mints

Polos or Extra Strong?

8Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 08:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy
polos - you only get half a mint!

9Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 09:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have prime.

10Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 09:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:I got a student nus card for about £15, this allows you to register as a student on amazon and get 6 months amazon prime for free.  After that you pay half the normal price.
Dis you pay for one of them online courses that are literally a couple of quid to allow you to purchase one?

I’m quite tempted a this as we are in our second year of having a subscription.

11Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 09:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:I got a student nus card for about £15, this allows you to register as a student on amazon and get 6 months amazon prime for free.  After that you pay half the normal price.
Dis you pay for one of them online courses that are literally a couple of quid to allow you to purchase one?

I’m quite tempted a this as we are in our second year of having a subscription.

Yes Exactly that, you can even use the card to get discounts on the highstreet too.

12Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 09:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:I got a student nus card for about £15, this allows you to register as a student on amazon and get 6 months amazon prime for free.  After that you pay half the normal price.
Dis you pay for one of them online courses that are literally a couple of quid to allow you to purchase one?

I’m quite tempted a this as we are in our second year of having a subscription.

Yes Exactly that, you can even use the card to get discounts on the highstreet too.
Cheers mate. Smile 

Will look into doing this around the time my subscription is due to expire.

13Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
What exactly is the point of Amazon Prime anyway? What is it you're buying that you so desperately need delivering in one day rather than waiting three?

14Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Garden hose I bought this month.

15Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:47

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Still not sure about the urgency there though Hipster. Unless you were having friends round for a barbecue and needed to urgently wash away the blood of your latest victim maybe?

16Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.

17Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:What exactly is the point of Amazon Prime anyway? What is it you're buying that you so desperately need delivering in one day rather than waiting three?

Cecil's gimp suit.

18Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.
Let's be honest though BTID, prime video is shite. I can find anything I want for free using Terrarium or Kodi and it's not even as good as Netflix.

19Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:What exactly is the point of Amazon Prime anyway? What is it you're buying that you so desperately need delivering in one day rather than waiting three?

Cecil's gimp suit.
Fair enough, I'll give you that one.

20Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.
Let's be honest though BTID, prime video is shite. I can find anything I want for free using Terrarium or Kodi and it's not even as good as Netflix.

This is true. I do like the fast delivery though. Worth £39 a year.

21Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Get stuff delivered on a day that suits you and not having to take a day off from work or if you don’t like your neighbours taking in your parcels and all that hassle?

22Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And where the hell have you been 58? 

Have you been inside again? Evil or Very Mad



Last edited by karlypants on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:14; edited 1 time in total

23Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.
Let's be honest though BTID, prime video is shite. I can find anything I want for free using Terrarium or Kodi and it's not even as good as Netflix.

This is true.  I do like the fast delivery though.  Worth £39 a year.
Surely it cost's a hell of a lot more than that for a year's prime subscription though? Sounds like a rip off to me.

24Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@karlypants wrote:And where the hell have you been 58? Mad
I started a Mobile Chip van with breadman but since Boncey burned it to the ground I've now got more time on my hands to talk shit on a football forum.

25Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.
Let's be honest though BTID, prime video is shite. I can find anything I want for free using Terrarium or Kodi and it's not even as good as Netflix.

This is true.  I do like the fast delivery though.  Worth £39 a year.
Surely it cost's a hell of a lot more than that for a year's prime subscription though? Sounds like a rip off to me.
If you don’t have prime then you have to spend a minimum of 20 quid to get free delivery. 

You also get other offers too such as early access to lightening deals! Very Happy

26Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@karlypants wrote:And where the hell have you been 58? Mad
I started a Mobile Chip van with breadman but since Boncey burned it to the ground I've now got more time on my hands to talk shit on a football forum.
I’ve never seen a speeding mobile chip van before.

Guess I won’t see one now! Very Happy

27Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@karlypants wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You also get Amazon Prime Video and Music.
Let's be honest though BTID, prime video is shite. I can find anything I want for free using Terrarium or Kodi and it's not even as good as Netflix.

This is true.  I do like the fast delivery though.  Worth £39 a year.
Surely it cost's a hell of a lot more than that for a year's prime subscription though? Sounds like a rip off to me.
If you don’t have prime then you have to spend a minimum of 20 quid to get free delivery. 

You also get other offers too such as early access to lightening deals! Very Happy
Like gimp masks and strap ons for round the back of bargain booze?

28Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@karlypants wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@karlypants wrote:And where the hell have you been 58? Mad
I started a Mobile Chip van with breadman but since Boncey burned it to the ground I've now got more time on my hands to talk shit on a football forum.
I’ve never seen a speeding mobile chip van before.

Guess I won’t see one now! Very Happy
Touché.

29Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m surprised you didn’t open up a mobile greengrocers with your love of toms! Very Happy

30Amazon Empty Re: Amazon on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@karlypants wrote:And where the hell have you been 58? Mad
I started a Mobile Chip van with breadman but since Boncey burned it to the ground I've now got more time on my hands to talk shit on a football forum.
I'm not taking the rap for that. I wasn't given the correct training. Anyway,what kind of an outfit stores petrol in empty Crisp 'N' Dry containers?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum