Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky stays

+10
wessy
observer
doffcocker
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Tungsten3
rammywhite
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:36

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
How many players have improved since Parky took over?
Gary Madine was the only one I seem to recall.

Wheater and Pratley, for sure. Vela had his beat season for us last year (beginning to look as if League One may be his level though). Cant think of many others who played before and after relegation to be honest.

32Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson isn't our player. I'll give you Alnwick though.

33Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Wheater and Pratley, for sure. Vela had his beat season for us last year (beginning to look as if League One may be his level though). Cant think of many others who played before and after relegation to be honest.

Are you taking the piss? I'd say Vela has gotten worse under Parky.

34Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:45

Thoughts on Wheater and Pratley?

Vela wise, i said last season was his best for us - do you not agree? He had a very poor end to this season, but made a big difference when he came back from injury earlier in the season.

35Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Thoughts on Wheater and Pratley?

Vela wise, i said last season was his best for us - do you not agree? He had a very poor end to this season, but made a big difference when he came back from injury earlier in the season.

Wheater has always been the same for me...adequate.

Again, Pratley is nothing more than adequate, I certainly don't think he's been any better under Parky than other managers.

36Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 20:17

I’d agree neither are world beaters - adequate is a fair description of their quality. But in terms of consistency and ‘putting a shit in’ (for want of a better phrase), both have shown more of those under Parky than they did for Lennon or Freedman.

Let me flip the question and ask which players have got worse under PP?

37Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 22:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:I’d agree neither are world beaters - adequate is a fair description of their quality. But in terms of consistency and ‘putting a shit in’ (for want of a better phrase), both have shown more of those under Parky than they did for Lennon or Freedman.

Let me flip the question and ask which players have got worse under PP?
No one puts a bigger shit in than Will Buckley.

38Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Mon May 21 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley would be adequate if he was in the WWE but as a footballer he is appalling. 
Vela has been poor in general this season as well, he started at the no10 role but never really looked like he took to it this season. Yes he had injuries but i would like to see him further back in midfield where i think he looks a better player.
Wheater is a solid player who has been made to look worse as Beevers was poor this season. League 1 may be his level, get a younger and pacier player to play alongside Wheater and we will look better.

39Parky stays - Page 3 Empty Re: Parky stays Tue May 22 2018, 15:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley was bought to be the midfield engine room, a box to box player who could put in the miles and break up attacks, but now he's lost a bit of pace he is late into the tackle far too many times hence his disciplinary record over the last couple of seasons. Given his age, we could do worse than spending a few quid on a younger midfielder who can handle the required work rate for that job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum