Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Three academy players leave BWFC

+6
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Leeds_Trotter
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Although I didn't at any time suggest clubs (non-league or otherwise) would be "fighting amongst themselves" to sign our players, I still think you have the right to express an opinion regardless of how much you misinterpret what I'm saying in order to vomit your bile all over these pages.
You're always good for a laugh so keep it coming.

Misinterpret what you are saying!!!

Go on then, an academy player comes to the end of his contract and the academy director, his staff and the clubs manager ALL agree that he simply isn't good enough for us at the level we are - so instead of releasing him (like every other league club in the country would do) you say we should hand him a professional contract (because in your head somebody will want to buy him).

So we hand the young man a contract for £1,000 per week (£50,000 for the year - which seems to be the going rate).

What do we do next?  

He's not good enough for the first team, so he doesn't play there.

He's no longer on an academy contract, so he can't play for them.

So he can't play for us - whilst we pay him a grand every week.

We could loan him if anyone wants him - but that is almost certainly a non league club - and even then at the sixth or seventh level of football in this country (as per Dulwich or FC Manchester, etc).

Will these clubs be paying him £1,000 per week - no way.

Can they afford to buy him for the thousands we have invested in him - nope.

Even if they wanted to pay money for him the fees for young players are set by the football tribunals - always for a fraction of what the selling club values them at.

Not only that you don't want any of the academy players to be out of contract - so every time their contracts run down we give them a £50,000 professional contract?

For players we KNOW are not good enough to play for us!

How financially logical and sustainable is that?

It's just throwing good money after bad down a massive black hole.

It's sheer madness and why no club in the country does it!

Or even dreams of doing it!

And what vile is this that I'm supposed to be vomiting?

I'm simply pointing out how absolutely stupid your whole notion is.

Utterly, uterly bonkers really.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty can you finish reeling him in now and put him out of his (and our) misery please?  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Lusty can you finish reeling him in now and put him out of his (and our) misery please?  Very Happy

The sad thing is that he really believes what he posts - he doesn't do it to wum or troll.

He's one of those who speaks without thinking.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Lusty can you finish reeling him in now and put him out of his (and our) misery please?  Very Happy
 Where's the fun in that?  Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Truly pathetic, one and all

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Truly pathetic, one and all

You do realise your own words would include you also (already having posted on the thread before), or did you not think things through first?

Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No, I was talking about your role in the last 24hr or so. About bar for the course at the moment from what I can see.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morale is high.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Look, the fact is that 95% plus of ALL academy players wind up being released at 18 regardless of the club they're with. Obviously that percentage is a bit lower for the "big" clubs who can cherry pick the very best kids and can sell their 'failures' to league one and two but for everyone else it's either first team or gone for the most part. If the staff at BWFC believe certain kids who looked promising last year aren't going to either make the first team or command an actual fee from somewhere else then there's no option but to cut our losses and stop wasting both the player and their own time. If these released players come good later then good for them but BWFC can't afford to keep paying someone on the off chance that might happen. If the youth team staff believe it was appropriate to release these three lads then I'm not going to sit here and say they're wrong when I haven't watched them train and play every day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum