Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time for Anderson to deliver

+18
luckyPeterpiper
Nigelbwfc
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Norpig
Kane57
finlaymcdanger
Leeds_Trotter
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Sluffy
observer
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Parky asking for seven new players and suggesting that they need to be signed this week to get them embedded, the pressure is building for Anderson to deliver on several fronts.

Whilst I tend to take every Anderson press release as nothing more than spin, I am open to - indeed hoping for - proof that he's genuine, so on that note I had a look back at some of the stuff he's been saying.

For the last year he's been talking about the need for investment. The first lot he spoke to were dismissed as being "not up to scratch" (by his criteria) so they were kicked into touch and didn't invest. Then there was interest from people he did think were up to scratch, but Anderson said it was in the club's interest to wait until the end of the season before he would talk to them. Then the end of the season came and allegedly discussions have been held. Then it went quiet again. 

Meanwhile on the player front, contracts weren't honoured and the squad was further decimated - at the same time the Press releases promised to bring in players of a better quality. The handful of signings to date could hardly be described as "better quality" with the possible exception of Oztumer who has yet to play at Championship level but may turn out to be good.

Now with the clock ticking down to the end of the transfer window Anderson needs to start delivering both in terms of investment and signings. Personally I'm skeptical as I think he's full of shit, but as a lifelong BWFC fan I'm praying I'm wrong and he comes up with the goods. And he's got less than 3 weeks to do it.

So what do you reckon? Will he turn out to be the Messiah after all or will we be faced with another string of excuses blaming the world/the investors/the players/the media/the dog etc when the season kicks off?

2anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get more than two points from our first 11 games.

That's improvement.

3anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 13:37

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll get more than two points from our first 11 games.

That's improvement.
We already have found two points:

KA has lost the clubhouse and the senior players
and
We are once again favorites for relegation.

Those are two points I wish we could avoid!

4anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Personally I'm skeptical as I think he's full of shit...

I'm sure Mr Anderson would quickly think the same of you if he were ever to read the misinformed and myopic drivel you constantly write - I know I do.

5anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 13:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:

That's improvement.

and

I'm sure the players, Wanderlust and the rest of the anti-Anderson cranks would be a great deal happier if Anderson pulled the plug and we went into Administration - I sure there must be an enormous queue of secretive millionaires just waiting to buy the club - the last one who ever said he was interested was the nut job who once had a telephone shop on Halliwell Road that went bust!

And as for the book makers - didn't they have us favourites to bounce bank under Coyle to the Premier League and also offer odds of 1500 to 1 that we would stay up last season?

I think you will find they did!

6anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, are you Lee Anderson?

7anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 16:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm sure Mr Anderson would quickly think the same of you if he were ever to read the misinformed and myopic drivel you constantly write - I know I do.
I doubt it. If my suspicions turn out to be well-founded he'd more likely be pissed off that folk can see past the spin but would have some respect for spotting it even if he doesn't like being rumbled. And if I'm wrong and he does produce some serious investment and a string of quality signings over the next couple of weeks he'll be happy to have proved his detractors wrong. And I'd be delighted.

8anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 16:27

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:

That's improvement.

and

I'm sure the players, Wanderlust and the rest of the anti-Anderson cranks would be a great deal happier if Anderson pulled the plug and we went into Administration - I sure there must be an enormous queue of secretive millionaires just waiting to buy the club - the last one who ever said he was interested was the nut job who once had a telephone shop on Halliwell Road that went bust!

And as for the book makers - didn't they have us favourites to bounce bank under Coyle to the Premier League and also offer odds of 1500 to 1 that we would stay up last season?

I think you will find they did!
All true Sluffy... but as I have said time and time again, I am thankful for KA keeping us from administration at the eleventh hour (or later)... and the team has surpassed my expectations in achieving promotion and then scoring two goals in the final few minutes to stay up. Ken is also entitled to make a good profit on his investment.  Saying all of that, not paying your debt to the players will drive a huge divide between management and the players. Ken needs to fix this... and the senior players need to make up so we can move forward.  On a good note, Nat said we would not be relegated this season, so if you can get 1500-1 again, I would say take the bet. Let's hope we can afford a good striker.  Still not sure why Nat doesn't buy the team... but if you can win a 1500-1 bet, you can make a dent into the 25 million quid.

9anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 16:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sluffy, are you Lee Anderson?

You know I'm not but I have been responsible in the past for dealing with the award and running of multi-million contracts, numerous staff, union involvement and working to deadlines as well as run my own business and deal with cash flow issues and deciding if and when to pump more of my own money into the business or not, so I probably know a tiny bit more about the reality of things to keeping a business going in the time of restraint and unrealistic expectations from customers who want a first class service without wanting to pay much if anything towards it.

It's easy to pontificate that wages and bonuses should be paid on time - yes ideally they should - but what if you only had enough to pay the taxman (who would try to shut you down if you didn't on time) or the players who would be miffed but who are already millionaires?  Who would you choose?

Have you ever sold anything, say a car, house or business - would you sell to the first person who came along and made an offer - no matter how tiny it was?  Might you say something like 'show me you have half a million plus in your bank account before you can look at the books - if you can't don't waste my time?  Have you ever had a sale fall down because someone backed out at the last moment, or suddenly said they were only going to pay you substantially less than was agreed?

Maybe then people could understand him when he says he's hoping for new investment/a sale in a few months time but nothing ever appears to have happened.

If people really think Anderson has come to screw the club then he's made a really poor effort of it so far.  Even if people actually think it's true he's made say £300,000 per year for the last two years in wages for the time he's been here - then that's just pocket money to someone who lives in Switzerland and has a place in Monte Carlo.  University heads get more than that, so to do Chief Execs of most large businesses, even those in the public sector.

If people think he's here to piss away his family wealth - he's not - why should he - would you?

He's here to turn the club around and sell it on and in doing so make himself a profit - that's what any sensible person would do - and not fuck the business up beyond repair just to prove a few nut jobs like Wanderlust was right all along.

Jesus, common sense alone would tell most people that the better he can make the club the more he can sell it for - so what point is there in fucking things up if he doesn't have to?

Unfortunately Wanderlust and the rest of the anti-Andersons live in a perfect world where cash flow isn't a problem, the money is always there on time - every time - to pay players, the taxman and all other suppliers, where the owner will throw his family wealth into a big black hole just to please nut jobs in Norfolk who sits in his armchair watching streams of games (and who is such as selfish twat he doesn't even share the streams with people he talks to on here on a daily basis for the last five years!).

If there was one person full of shit and I had to choose between Ken Anderson and Wanderlust, I know who I would put my money on!

10anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles earlier this afternoon -

The @PFA has confirmed a meeting will take place tomorrow 2.00pm (Tuesday) with #BWFC chairman/owner Ken Anderson to address recent pay issues. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted swiftly and we can power on...

11anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 17:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I doubt it. If my suspicions turn out to be well-founded he'd more likely be pissed off that folk can see past the spin but would have some respect for spotting it even if he doesn't like being rumbled. And if I'm wrong and he does produce some serious investment and a string of quality signings over the next couple of weeks he'll be happy to have proved his detractors wrong. And I'd be delighted.

Yes I'm sure he would be totally devastated that an halfwit like you could see through his master plans.

God you are absolutely full of it.

Anderson plays at tables far bigger than you have ever dreamt of and wouldn't give a toss for what you, I, or anyone else on our levels of social media punditry dwell on think.

He certainly would not give two figs what the armchairbound owner of the Timmy Mallet tribute café thought about him!

12anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 20:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles earlier this afternoon -

The @PFA has confirmed a meeting will take place tomorrow 2.00pm (Tuesday) with #BWFC chairman/owner Ken Anderson to address recent pay issues. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted swiftly and we can power on...
As i'm a bit late to all this, I thought the issue was about Ben Amos not receiving a bonus?

Are there any other players missing part of their wages?

13anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 20:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonuses apparantly

14anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 20:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bonuses apparantly
So it's everyone's bonus then and not just Ben Amos?

I read a statement the other day where Anderson said it was just him?

15anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clueless as ever. KP is definitely back.

16anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 21:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bonuses apparantly
So it's everyone's bonus then and not just Ben Amos?

I read a statement the other day where Anderson said it was just him?

Iles broke the news saying that wages and bonuses had not been paid but it turned out that all wages had been paid apart from Amos (for June only) and that although bonuses where not paid on time they were apparently going to be paid in on the Friday whereas the players wanted in the bank so they could withdraw it out on the Friday and said they would strike if they didn't get their way.

Anderson apparently didn't take too well to the threat and must have called their bluff (presumably knowing that they couldn't officially call a strike in the time between them indicating they would initial strike action and actually do so) but the players went on strike anyway, and told Iles to print their statement to the world instead of dealing with the issues in-house.

As a consequence it seems to have fucked up any incoming signings (apart from a Polish fullback) for now - not the smartest move with the transfer deadline window about to shut in about two weeks.

As a consequence of the players unofficial strike action it has dragged in their union (the PFA) and the EFL (the ones that give out embargos). I can say it was a direct result of the high profile strike simply because neither of them were knocking on Anderson's door before they went on unofficial strike and having Iles telling the world that they were!

Stupid unnecessary action by the players that could potentially ruin our whole season - which could have easily been dealt with and resolved behind closed doors.

They might be millionaires but they certainly aren't the brightest!

17anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 21:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talk about doing the dirty laundry in public! 

The players could have sorted this out behind the scenes without anyone knowing. It’s not like the lads are deaperate for it as they aren’t short of a bob or two. 

It’s quite pathetic of them really especially when they called of the St Mirren friendly where the average joe ends up losing out on travel and hotels they may have pre booked.

18anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 22:43

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lee Anderson has been falling out with people on Twitter  tonight... he got this from Stuart Holden

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Out of touch comment from you. You are lucky to have a journalist like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that cares so much about the club. “We” consists of more than just owners.. it’s about the players, fans, and everyone that has invested time, money and their lives towards the club. Sort it out.

Lee has deleted the comment Stuart Holden was referring to.

19anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:15

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All because he retweeted Iles saying "We?". I see the Anti Anderson Alliance have quickly jumped on this and turned it into a big deal. There has been many of times when Iles himself has been funny or blunt with fans.

20anderson - Time for Anderson to deliver Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it wasn’t for Anderson we wouldn’t have a club. 

People just don’t get it mate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum