Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Supporters Trust Accounts

Supporters Trust Accounts

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:25

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:3 in a row y2j?
Bastard Very Happy

32Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:26

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.

33Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Same could be said for those using guesswork as to what KA's plans for the club are, could it not?
We can have a reasonable guess at what his dreams for the football team are by the fact he didn't sack Parky after earning 2 points from the first 33 last season and the fact that Parky is still here after finishing 4th from bottom.
Yet with all the constraints laden on the team he has got us promoted first time of asking and kept us up.  So go on......
We got 43 points from 46 games last season, if people think thats good enough for BWFC thats up to them.Ken clearly thinks its good enough.

If he thought that then why didn't just resign the players out of contract and is instead up grading the quality of the squad and outbidding teams like Wigan?

God, you lot won't be happy until Anderson fails - it's as though you truly want Bolton to get relegated just because of your hatred at Anderson being here - and doing so well!

He's outfoxed his critics every time - although with the ST, LoV and Iles on your side that's not really too difficult to do!

Very Happy

34Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.

We have no magic money tree unlike Theresa May!

35Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:36

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If he thought that then why didn't just resign the players out of contract and is instead up grading the quality of the squad and outbidding teams like Wigan?

God, you lot won't be happy until Anderson fails - it's as though you truly want Bolton to get relegated just because of your hatred at Anderson being here - and doing so well!

He's outfoxed his critics every time 

Good business done so far given the budget constraints. But if we don’t bring in a real striker, a LB and a CB - at a minimum - then I think we’re in trouble.

36Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:36

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.

We have no magic money tree like Theresa May!
Bruce Rioch and Sam Allardyce got us promoted from this league without one.Sam Allardyce got the job because the previous manager resigned over a player being sold

37Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:39

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.
Every journey starts with a small step, us finishing 4th from bottom was a massive step. 

It's about progressing now, fans/owners who were happy finishing 4th from bottom last season probably won't be this season. Same if we get two points from the first eleven games then I imagine a change of manager would happen soon after.

38Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:40

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.

We have no magic money tree like Theresa May!
Bruce Rioch and Sam Allardyce got us promoted from this league without one.Sam Allardyce got the job because the previous manager resigned over a player being sold

Neither of those promotion were from leagues as wealthy as this.

39Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:41

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have no god given right to be in this league Growler. On that budget, with the players we had, survival was the only realistic expectation.
We've been turning out a football team since 1888 and have spent the majority of our time in the top division.We are now happy to scrape 4th bottom of the 2nd tier, or rather the owner and some  of the fans are.
Every journey starts with a small step, us finishing 4th from bottom was a massive step. 

It's about progressing now, fans/owners who were happy finishing 4th from bottom last season probably won't be this season. Same if we get two points from the first eleven games then I imagine a change of manager would happen soon after.
:clap:

40Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:01

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The table shows only 11 clubs have spent more time in the top division than Bolton, yet our standards are now so low that 41st in the league ladder is accept able to the owner  and some of the fans.

Wake me up when we get an owner suitable for the club.

41Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:05

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The table shows only 11 clubs have spent more time in the top division than Bolton.
Irrelevant.

42Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:12

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Fucking hell growler.  We aint entitled to shit.  We are a victim of our own success and now we have to scrap beg and borrow like all teams do at some point.

Man City (look at them now) leeds, forest, villa, preston, blackburn

43Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Wake me up when we get an owner suitable for the club.

:facepalm:

44Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fucking hell growler.  We aint entitled to shit.  We are a victim of our own success and now we have to scrap beg and borrow like all teams do at some point.

Man City (look at them now) leeds, forest, villa, preston, blackburn

I’m getting the feeling that Growler would be much happier supporting a club like Man Utd.

45Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:15

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fucking hell growler.  We aint entitled to shit.  We are a victim of our own success and now we have to scrap beg and borrow like all teams do at some point.

Man City (look at them now) leeds, forest, villa, preston, blackburn

I’m getting the feeling that Growler would be much happier supporting a club like Man Utd.
Sounds more like a Liverpool fan, they love talking about history.

46Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:16

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think growler should be one of these bitches that supports who ever wins the league.  Gonna do himself in supporting us next season

47Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:31

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bottom line no matter what you think of KA's intentions is that:

We avoided financial disaster at the eleventh hour (or one minute to Midnight);
We got promoted on the first try;
We stayed in the Championship with no investment;
We are operating on a breakeven budget;
We are paying back some of the loans;
We have not gone under;
We are not in League Two;

And...
KA only makes real money if the club improves and moves up for a potential buyer who has the funds to get us to challenge to the top division.

As far as I know, these are all good things!

48Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 00:33

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think growler should be one of these bitches that supports who ever wins the league.  Gonna do himself in supporting us next season
Not at all, I'm expecting nothing more than a pile of crap from Ken's loans and free transfers.It will be a pleasant surprise if it's not a pile of crap.

49Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 09:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In fairness, this shows the pitfall in running with theories when you don't have all the information.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does this statement not suggest they have used an external auditor:

"Additionally, we would confirm that our independently examined accounts for YE 31 July ’16 were filed with the FCA in March 2017 and have been publicly available since that time."

TROY- easy mistake to make.  It says that the 2016 Accounts were audited by an external auditor- but the 2017 ones weren't before they were filed ( a statutory requirement) with the Financial Conduct Authority- the quasi governmental body which oversees  what financial institutions are up to in the UK.

50Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 09:57

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Bottom line no matter what you think of KA's intentions is that:

We avoided financial disaster at the eleventh hour (or one minute to Midnight);
We got promoted on the first try;
We stayed in the Championship with no investment;
We are operating on a breakeven budget;
We are paying back some of the loans;
We have not gone under;
We are not in League Two;

And...
KA only makes real money if the club improves and moves up for a potential buyer who has the funds to get us to challenge to the top division.

As far as I know, these are all good things!

The money to pay the taxbill that Eddie Davies wouldn't pay wasn't funded by Anderson though was it?

It was a loan provided by Dean Holdsworth and friends that "saved the club" from being wound up over the unpaid tax bill.

51Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 10:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Growler is fucking spot on. Kp you need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing with the majority.

52Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 10:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Growler is fucking spot on. Kp you need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing with the majority.
Laughing

53Supporters Trust Accounts - Page 2 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts on Sat Jul 21 2018, 10:48

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In fairness, this shows the pitfall in running with theories when you don't have all the information.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does this statement not suggest they have used an external auditor:

"Additionally, we would confirm that our independently examined accounts for YE 31 July ’16 were filed with the FCA in March 2017 and have been publicly available since that time."

TROY- easy mistake to make.  It says that the 2016 Accounts were audited by an external auditor- but the 2017 ones weren't before they were filed ( a statutory requirement) with the Financial Conduct Authority- the quasi governmental body which oversees  what financial institutions are up to in the UK.

Cheers Rammy, makes sense.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum