Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 34]

271Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Another day and I'm over the Wyke fiasco. Just hoping that whoever we bring in won't let us down.

272Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:04

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Another day and I'm over the Wyke fiasco. Just hoping that whoever we bring in won't let us down.
Yep, let's hope it's a good in. Not sure about buying players with knee injuries anyway.

Think werew going to have the usual last day panic buys from all clubs.

273Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Looks to me like we're back at our favourite haunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

274Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:13

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looks to me like we're back at our favourite haunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back? We've never been away from there. As I say only Notts Forest are buying at the moment. It's a very slow transfer market. Think it's going to be panic buys.

275Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A month or so ago,I was thinking a mid table finish might be a possibility. 

I'm now having to think again.

276Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think we’ll get Wyke...

277Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we’ll get Wyke...
It's certainly very possible that it's a brinkmanship move...

278Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm not sure I want him.

279Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we’ll get Wyke...

With a knee injury? I'd rather steer clear now.

280Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 11:35

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ffs sluffy

One rule for one and all that

Wonder if your response would of been the same if it was lusty or bread.

Good joke btw Cajun. Im pissing myself. 

Dropping like flies on here, and this bullshit is just making it worse.

Why would my reply be any different if it was Wanderlust or Bread?

I've allowed both of them to be abusive to me over the years but I've always played fair to everybody on here - even them.

Cajan made a bad joke - no more, no less.

I'm sure he regrets it.

What more do you want?

Do you want me to ban him or something?

What exactly would you do?

In fact I've offered you a open ended invitation to be a mod on here and help make things better for all of us - the offer still stands.

As I've said I'm not going to be around much in the next few months and with a new season starting, LT as a new Admin and plans to try and reach out and get a few younger members now is a great time to make Nuts into something you would enjoy.

So how about it - help us improve things.

It needs something sluffy as the whole off season has been horrendous.  You and lusty just basically copying and pasting your row from the day before and every other member trying to discuss other things around it. 

That's why ive not posted much. And why others probably havent either.

Let's hope the sub team can improve it and we can move on from tit for tat point scoring.

281Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 14:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Basically I think Bradford have held things up in a bid to get someone to pay more than Wyke is really worth at the last minute. It's obvious we're not going to do that because we can't and it's becoming equally obvious that Sunderland are either very close to or have actually lost patience with Bradford's posturing. Given that Wyke has made it clear he's NOT going to sign a new deal and he's had a recent injury I'd look to get him off the books soon as possible but Bradford are playing a game that could very easily boomerang on them and leave them losing his services for nothing next year.

However we do still desperately need at least one striker imo so it's not a surprise to me that the club is looking elsewhere now. I think it's likely that the club had a list of potential targets for the position and Wyke may have been number 1 on that list but he wouldn't have been the ONLY possibility. Hopefully someone else on the list is available at a price we can afford and he'll be somebody who improves the team as a whole.

282Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 15:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With a knee injury? I'd rather steer clear now.
I agree, that knee is very worrying.

It's no joke.

283Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 15:30

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.

284Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If that's true it's not an ACL issue.

285Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 15:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.
Sorry, I thought the thread was Transfer Humour.

286Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No rumours of us actually signing anyone then?

287Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 16:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.

288Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 16:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.

289Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 16:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.
It was more a wages issue than a football one mate. As I understand it Phil wanted to bring in someone younger who'd cost less in salary and have a potential resale value which Karl wouldn't have. I suspect he'd struggle at Championship level now though. Given the fact he's still a free agent it doesn't seem like anyone's desperate for his services either.

290Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
might just be saving a couple of months wages Very Happy

291Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:might just be saving a couple of months wages Very Happy
Which is not insignificant when you are trying to breakeven.

292Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nixon wrote:Bolton. Close to a deal for Josh McGennis. Charlton striker. Northern Ireland cap. One time keeper.

293Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He’s fucking shite. This is so depressing

294Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Nixon wrote:Bolton. Close to a deal for Josh McGennis. Charlton striker. Northern Ireland cap. One time keeper.
Target man.

10 goals a season if we're lucky.

295Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Poor mans madine. 

“One time keeper” says it all really

296Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 17:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[size=32]Charlton Athletic agree fee with Bolton Wanderers for international striker [/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [url=https://www.addtoany.com/share#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.londonnewsonline.co.uk%2Fcharlton-athletic-agree-fee-with-bolton-wanderers-for-international-striker%2F&title=Charlton Athletic agree fee with Bolton Wanderers for international striker]Share[/url]
Charlton have agreed a fee with Bolton Wanderers for Josh Magennis.
The Addicks recently rejected an offer for the Northern Ireland international from Peterborough United, and it remains to be seen if the League One club come back with an improved bid.
Posh sold Jack Marriott to Derby County yesterday in a deal reportedly worth in excess of £3million.
But Bolton can offer Championship football.
Wanderers failed to do a deal for Magennis late in the winter transfer window but have come back again ahead of the start of the 2018-19 campaign.
Charlton caretaker boss Lee Bowyer has already spoken about having his own targets lined up if they do lose any more of their squad.
He has already added quality to the forward line in the shape of Lyle Taylor. And Bowyer will bring in another frontman to replace Magennis, if his switch to Bolton goes through this time.

297Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 18:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It's an interesting pick if it goes through. I may be unpopular for saying this but I think Magennis could do well with us and might just turn out to be a bargain. It would appear that we've either given up on Wyke or perhaps this is a way of trying to make Bradford stop sitting on the pot so to speak. Either way I think Magennis would be a useful addition rather than just a 'body' and if by some chance we landed them both then I'd say things are actually starting to look pretty good.

298Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 20:32

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's an interesting pick if it goes through. I may be unpopular for saying this but I think Magennis could do well with us and might just turn out to be a bargain. It would appear that we've either given up on Wyke or perhaps this is a way of trying to make Bradford stop sitting on the pot so to speak. Either way I think Magennis would be a useful addition rather than just a 'body' and if by some chance we landed them both then I'd say things are actually starting to look pretty good.
Parky said he wanted two strikers. There's one.

299Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 20:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky said he wanted two strikers. There's one.
Donaldson's the other

300Transfer rumours ! - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri 27 Jul - 20:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wyke is the other. Hopefully we go back in with a second bid

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum