Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which former players would you want back?

+5
wessy
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

At the moment there are still a few gaps in the squad to fill and a few ex-Wanderers that possibly seem to be available to fill them, so if you had a chance which would you have back (I'm assuming on a cheap loan or a free)

Goalkeeper - Andy Lonergan (free agent)
Goalkeeper - Bogdan (unwanted at Liverpool)
Left Back - Robinson (sent out to gain experience - Everton)
Centre Half - Matt Mills (free agent)
Centre Half - Rob Holding (unlikely to be a first teamer - Arsenal)
Defensive midfield - Karl Henry (free agent)
Attacking midfield - Jem Karacan (free agent)
Withdrawn striker - Zach Clough (surplus at Forest)
Target man - Gary Madine (unlikely to be a first teamer - Cardiff)

The catch though is that you need to plug the most important holes we still have and you can only pick TWO players at most!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Aug 01 2018, 00:17; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All bar mills and Karacan.

Still waiting for the return of the ginger prince

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:All bar mills and Karacan.

Still waiting for the return of the ginger prince

:whistle:

Sluffy wrote:The catch though is that you need to plug the most important holes we still have and you can only pick TWO players at most!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does a puppy die if I choose more than two?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we're still short of a defensive midfielder so it would have to be Henry from that list as he's the only option.

I'd be happy with Bogdan as a keeper, but he's just signed a loan deal with Neil Lennon at Hibs so he's not an option.

Don't think we need any more defenders, but neither of the striker options fill me with joy so I'd be looking elsewhere.

In conclusion, Henry's the only one I'd take.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan and Holding for me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jan Kirchhoff is the one recent ex-player I'd like to have back most. He'd be just what we need in the middle if he stayed injury-free.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Don't think we need any more defenders, but neither of the striker options fill me with joy so I'd be looking elsewhere.

In conclusion, Henry's the only one I'd take.

We have no left back cover unless you accept Robbo is in the Bag? only Hobbs at Center half to cover two positions?  unless Wilson is considered as a center half ? not sure what his best position is, but i assumed it was defensive midfield ? So for me we need two more defenders.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For me it would have to be Bogdan and Clough. However I doubt Bogdan would want to be a back up here since he does that already at Liverpool. If we could only sign two players I'd aim for those two possibly on season long loans since their fees would most likely be way out of our range.

That said I suspect their wages would also be well beyond what Ken can afford to pay or is willing to pay at this time so I doubt anyone on that list is a realistic proposition sadly.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Holding. Without a doubt. We clearly aren’t going to score many goals again this season so I’ll take the best possible defender available to balance that out at the other end of the pitch. Wheater, as much as I appreciate his efforts, and ability to connect with the fans, will be brutally exposed this season.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if Holding IS in fact a first team starter for Arsenal this season and I’m damn sure he won’t be leaving them.

No one on this list excites me more than the season starting and the fake bickering on Nuts coming to an end for another year. Great job keeping it up though.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Jan Kirchhoff is the one recent ex-player I'd like to have back most. He'd be just what we need in the middle if he stayed injury-free.
My second choice if he still had the ability and was on the list. Too much of a gamble though despite being quality at the top of his game. A in-form and fit Kirchhoff would be a game changer for us.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok, if Bogdan is signed up somewhere then I'll strike his name out and replace Andy Lonergan who is now a free agent, being out of contract with Leeds.

Anybody want him back as one of your two choices?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taylor has apparently played really well in preseason so I'm not too worried about FB for now.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lonergan as a back up wouldn't be bad. His experience would probably be very helpful for the development squad keepers as well.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Holding & Clough

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't mind Lonergan back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic