2. I very much liked Sam Allardyce's 'never mind the ball, get on with the game' attitude,and Warwick Rimmer's plucky return for the cup round replay away to Arsenal, when he wore a rugby scrum cap, (before it became fashionable). Having said that, my favourite is Super John McGinlay. Quality with consistency, and a sense of humour.
3. Has to be the Reading final. There were so many highs and lows, but to come out on top was the icing on the cake.
4. The season so far has been remarkable, but I can't help but feel we are still a bit brittle, and it'll be interesting to see how we handle defeat, or even a string of defeats. We've shown we can sometimes play good football, but its the consistency we need to look for. I think the players we have will need to gel a lot more, although the signs are encouraging. Unlike teams of the past few seasons, these players need to be able to express themselves more, by being allowed to pass, and develop the attacking side of the game. Hoofing the ball from back to front will see us suffer as the season goes on.
5. Given the money and material he's been given, he's worked wonders. However, I feel that at times he has developed a siege mentality. I wonder about his tactics when he sets up his team for the long ball, has no apparent plan B, and is invariably defensively minded. The last game we had, the team was set up to score on the break. A ridiculous situation considering we were at home, and the team are playing well. (scored, but not on the break). I remember when Bolton were known for their attacking, and tactical, play, but this has been replaced by a recognition that we can score from set pieces. Phil Parkinson is a good manager, but if we survive this season, I can't help but wonder if he has the vision to change our play, and take us further.
6. I think we will survive the season, and whilst we are still in turmoil, relatively, I think we should aim for, and will probably achieve, low to mid table. Anything more than this would indeed be a bonus, and I have no doubt that if the players, and managers, current outlook continues to improve, even mid table or more could be attainable.