Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United

+20
doffcocker
terenceanne
Sluffy
Keegan
wessy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
observer
Growler
bryan458
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
rammywhite
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 17:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Enjoy it while it lasts.

32Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 18:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Enjoy it while it lasts.
We may be third from the bottom if we play like today!

33Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 18:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking comical today. Need a response at Preston if we are serious about staying in the top 6

34Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 18:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we all knew that the first four results were not a true picture of our future.

At least we have 10 points to build on.

35Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 18:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, that was utter shite. Sheffied Utd were very good, but boy did we hand them the 3 points.

What the fuck was Parky thinking of with that team selection? For fuck's sake man, we were 4 games unbeaten with the same back four, so why the fuck would you drop Taylor?

In fact, why drop anyone? I counted 5 changes, five fucking changes after going four games unbeaten. And why revert to the defensive shite that gave us so few results last season? It was Sheffield Utd at home, not Real Madrid.

No doubt Parky will spout some shite about rotation to keep everyone from burning out (after 5 games!), but you keep a winning side together as much as you can, especially the defence that had done so well.

And what the fuck was going on down our left side? Grounds looked every bit as shite as the Birmingham fans told us, but fucking Buckley didn't help at all, the useless tugboat. Sheffield Utd carved us open down our left at their will. Absolutely shocking that Taylor was dropped, but we all know Parky won't be admitting his mistake.

And the midfield. Although calling them a "midfield" is an insult to midfielders. Fucking Murphy is dogshit, he should have been pulled off at half-time, the opposition went through him like butter. They wouldn't have had so much fun had we kept hold of Karl Henry instead of signing this massive tugboat.

Oh, and Josh Vela. I'm sick of hearing how he has massive potential. Potential for what? Never getting near the ball? Contributing absolutely fuck all?

I could go on, they were all shit. Ameobi did fuck all, Magennis looked every bit the league 1 player he probably is, and Wheater & Beevers looked like they were still on holiday.

Tugboats, the fucking lot of 'em.

36Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 18:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, let’s not get carried away now.

We were due a defeat, I think it’s obvious that the hard fought win in midweek took its toll today. The things being spouted about Murphy and Magennis now are a complete 180 to what we were saying an hour before the game.

We’ll beat Preston and I’ll pop round to the penthouse to celebrate

37Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 19:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We’ll beat Preston and I’ll pop round to the penthouse to celebrate

Tradesman's entrance please.

I don't want people seeing you enter.

38Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Lucky shirt my Arse!

It's lucky for Chorley, they've won every game when you've worn it.

39Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 19:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

expect to lose the next game then ha ha

40Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 19:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that was painful and a massive reality check. I have to agree with Nat's post. Grounds is not as good as Taylor and Murphy and Buckley were very poor. Sheffield Utd were excellent and passed it around well but we couldn't string 3 passes together all game and resorted to hoofing again. As for the first 2 goals, the defending was shocking.

41Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 19:33

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Totally agree with everything said, we were shocking today they looked very bright going forward, other than Sammy we had nothing to offer, team selection was dire defensive midfield overload at home when our confidence should be sky high? Even Olkowsky struggled thought Big Josh worked his socks off, while Little Josh was pants along with Lowe, Murphy and Grounds. Truly awful today.

42Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 20:22

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We got the basics wrong today.

43Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 20:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me, that was utter shite. Sheffied Utd were very good, but boy did we hand them the 3 points.

What the fuck was Parky thinking of with that team selection? For fuck's sake man, we were 4 games unbeaten with the same back four, so why the fuck would you drop Taylor?

In fact, why drop anyone? I counted 5 changes, five fucking changes after going four games unbeaten. And why revert to the defensive shite that gave us so few results last season? It was Sheffield Utd at home, not Real Madrid.

No doubt Parky will spout some shite about rotation to keep everyone from burning out (after 5 games!), but you keep a winning side together as much as you can, especially the defence that had done so well.

And what the fuck was going on down our left side? Grounds looked every bit as shite as the Birmingham fans told us, but fucking Buckley didn't help at all, the useless tugboat. Sheffield Utd carved us open down our left at their will. Absolutely shocking that Taylor was dropped, but we all know Parky won't be admitting his mistake.

And the midfield. Although calling them a "midfield" is an insult to midfielders. Fucking Murphy is dogshit, he should have been pulled off at half-time, the opposition went through him like butter. They wouldn't have had so much fun had we kept hold of Karl Henry instead of signing this massive tugboat.

Oh, and Josh Vela. I'm sick of hearing how he has massive potential. Potential for what? Never getting near the ball? Contributing absolutely fuck all?

I could go on, they were all shit. Ameobi did fuck all, Magennis looked every bit the league 1 player he probably is, and Wheater & Beevers looked like they were still on holiday.

Tugboats, the fucking lot of 'em.
You were too gentle on them. They were worse than that

44Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sat Aug 25 2018, 21:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we all need to calm down just a little. Yes it was a woeful performance and we did just about everything wrong. But in truth even the very best teams have an off day and we're a long way from being the very best. Personally I'm inclined to view this as 'a bad day at the office' and give Phil and the team a chance to put things right next time. One thing that struck me is the spirit that's been on display prior to today has been good and that gives me some confidence in our ability to come back stronger. I think it was boggers who said we'll only know what this team is really made of once we lose and now we'll all get to see.

The Blades were excellent today by all accounts but obviously we let them be excellent and gave them far too much ball and time to use it. I'm sure Phil and the other coaches know that at least as well as we do and they'll be working to address that quickly. In the meantime let's remember that last season we had just 2 points after 11 games. This year we have five times as many points in less than half that number of matches. That's a good sign of progress to me at least. Obviously a long way to go yet and we do desperately need at least one striker before the window shuts but I'm not remotely panicking yet. Overall we've started the season well, much better than some of us expected and one bad result shouldn't wipe out all the good work done in the previous four games.

45Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 01:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:We’ll beat Preston and I’ll pop round to the penthouse to celebrate

Tradesman's entrance please.

I don't want people seeing you enter.
Is "Tradesman's entrance" code for "Backdoor"?  ..dunno..

By the way, Parky out.  ::seething::

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

46Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 01:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals - if anyone is bothered!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 12:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Every season a manager will cost you points...... this game was one of them. Piss poor team selection at home yet again.  We have had the rub of the green for the first few games but that doesn't last over the course of a season. The commentor on the game said it was scary our inability to string three passes together. Well Preston are licking there lips about now.

48Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 12:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

49Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 12:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That 2nd goal, straight through every one

50Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Sheffield United Sun Aug 26 2018, 13:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky said Noone was unlucky to miss out yesterday only a few days after saying his performances were premiership quality, strange choices all round yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum