Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can away form be key to Promotion

+11
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
Dunkels King
wanderlust
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Born to be a wanderer
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 20:14

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Its very early days and with 43 to go we have had a average start.However this season squad size injuries suspensions will all come in to play at some time or another.I must admit i was calling for KD head.However in our last two matches he has been a leader and him and Eagles have been the outstanding players so far.At the moment i still feel the players feel nervous playing at the Reebok.Last season we won 4 matches but 7 away.If Coyle can try and play 4-5-1 away and with the speed we have on the wings maybe a few wins on the road will settle the Teams nerves.We need to get a holding midfielder and if Spearing is that man well get him.The defence is the soft underbelly of the team and the sooner Wheater is back the better.I was at Burnley last week and we didnt turn up,but thats out of the way and where are they know.It was their Cup Final.A good result at Hull 3 points then Watford who looked shit but beat Birmingham.There is nothing to fear as long as everyone is pulling in the right direction.To all the dickheads who sing "how shit must u be we are winning at home " do you think that fills our players with pride.Sort it out i pulled someone for singing it and got in to a confrontation where if he had sung it once more he was getting put to sleep.Fans Fucking Jokes.Everyone to the KC and lets cheer our lads home.Twisted Evil

2Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Its very early days and with 43 to go we have had a average start.However this season squad size injuries suspensions will all come in to play at some time or another.I must admit i was calling for KD head.However in our last two matches he has been a leader and him and Eagles have been the outstanding players so far.At the moment i still feel the players feel nervous playing at the Reebok.Last season we won 4 matches but 7 away.If Coyle can try and play 4-5-1 away and with the speed we have on the wings maybe a few wins on the road will settle the Teams nerves.We need to get a holding midfielder and if Spearing is that man well get him.The defence is the soft underbelly of the team and the sooner Wheater is back the better.I was at Burnley last week and we didnt turn up,but thats out of the way and where are they know.It was their Cup Final.A good result at Hull 3 points then Watford who looked shit but beat Birmingham.There is nothing to fear as long as everyone is pulling in the right direction.To all the dickheads who sing "how shit must u be we are winning at home " do you think that fills our players with pride.Sort it out i pulled someone for singing it and got in to a confrontation where if he had sung it once more he was getting put to sleep.Fans Fucking Jokes.Everyone to the KC and lets cheer our lads home.Twisted Evil

You're living in a dream world. The players deserve all the crap they get - they're the ones getting paid, not us. It's upto them to give us something to shout about.

As for away form, it will be key, but it'll be shite as it's been Coyle's whole entire career.

3Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 20:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't even coyle knows what formation he is going to play half the time away or at home, we had a spell last season where 451 looked to suite us but for some reason the great man decided to change it and go back to 442.

4Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 21:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The key to promotion is picking up more points than the other 23 teams. Where we get them from doesn't matter.
The season so far has been everything I expected it to be. Nothing has been done to diversify our play, so we're the same one-dimensional team that got relegated 3 months ago, and it's not going to be good enough even against Championship opposition.

5Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 22:11

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Our away form was better than our home.My point is if we can get a good set of results away then hopefully it will help the players get over the nervous disposition they seem to possess playing at the Reebok.Natasha do you think singing "HOW SHIT MUST YOU BE WE,RE WINNING AT HOME is helpful in anyway towards the team.If you do you must be retarded.Its not helpful and undermines the team.Dont get me wrong if i could replace Coyle tommorow for Curbishley i would.Coyle,s credentials as a manager are he got Burnley up via the Playoffs.We were desperate after putting up with Megson and Coyle saw the writing on the wall at Burnley.Allardyce took us to 6th joint 5th with Liverpool on points.Gartside didnt want Champions Leauge football and here we are today.JJ,Djorkaeff,Campo,Bobic,Anelka,Diouf,Stelios.Then fat Phil gives Megson the family Jewels.But ive supported them since the 70,s when i was a kid.Ill never boo ill fucking grumble or Boo the manager but not the players even with their shortcomings id say they give their best each match and we should support them whatever happens.The manager a different proposition.

6Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 22:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you think the players know you're booing the manager and not them?

7Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 22:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home and Away form is the key to promotion....surely

8Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sat Aug 25 2012, 23:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Home and Away form is the key to promotion....surely

I would have thought Jossy's Giants would have been the answer!

9Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 08:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Natasha do you think singing "HOW SHIT MUST YOU BE WE'RE WINNING AT HOME is helpful in anyway towards the team.

No, but they're supposed to be professionals playing in the second best league in Britain. In any top job you expect pressure, and should be able to do your job regardless.

I work in a stressful industry with real pressure, I don't start crying or putting in sloppy work just because I'm under pressure.

You seem to be thinking it is our job to inspire the players. Until they pay us £20k per week it will always be the job of the players to inspire and entertain the fans.

Surely if you continue to support the players when they keep putting in pitiful performances you are telling them that it's acceptable? At least by booing the team you are making it clear you won't accept that level of performance.

10Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 09:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Born to be a wanderer wrote:Natasha do you think singing "HOW SHIT MUST YOU BE WE'RE WINNING AT HOME is helpful in anyway towards the team.

No, but they're supposed to be professionals playing in the second best league in Britain. In any top job you expect pressure, and should be able to do your job regardless.

I work in a stressful industry with real pressure, I don't start crying or putting in sloppy work just because I'm under pressure.

You seem to be thinking it is our job to inspire the players. Until they pay us £20k per week it will always be the job of the players to inspire and entertain the fans.

Surely if you continue to support the players when they keep putting in pitiful performances you are telling them that it's acceptable? At least by booing the team you are making it clear you won't accept that level of performance.

Your analogy is irrelevant. If someone in your business is underperforming they don't have a thousand dickheads outside the office chanting how crap they are. I've had to deal with many underperfoming staff over the years and it always pays to support them to the hilt and if they still don't perform, THEN fire their ass. Football is a confidence business and even if things aren't working out true fans should support the team especially during the match to give them every chance of putting it right. There's a time and a place for everything and if you're not happy then vent your discontent on a forum or via the clubs liaison/communication channels - but not at the game. Fans negativity at the game can only be counterproductive.

Fans have a right to comment but to use a different analogy, I have shares in a certain high street retailer but I don't walk into the store and tell the branch manager to change the window display or sack the assistant because I don't like her. I can always put up a motion, vote or sell my shares if I'm not happy.

Get behind the team, no excuses.

11Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 10:53

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Your analogy is irrelevant. If someone in your business is underperforming they don't have a thousand dickheads outside the office chanting how crap they are. I've had to deal with many underperfoming staff over the years and it always pays to support them to the hilt and if they still don't perform, THEN fire their ass.

Then by your analogy Coyle should have had his ass fired. He has been under performing as a manager for over a year now. Same surely applies to half of the players. They have not just had a few off days, they have been consistently shit.

12Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 12:01

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Is advertising that stressful?

13Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Football is a confidence business and even if things aren't working out true fans should support the team especially during the match to give them every chance of putting it right.

I strongly disagree. If we are supposed to cheer sitters missed, defenders falling over, managers picking favourites then it's time for me to look for another sport to watch.

If you can't see that backing players when they are playing poorly is counter-productive then there's really no point debating any longer. It's like those bellends that turn up on the X-Factor that think they're the next Frank Sinatra because Mummy & Daddy have done nothing but praise them all their lives. When they get in the real world they can't take the abuse that is coming their way when they sound like a cat being skinned alive.

The only way for the fans to let the players know they are not happy is to boo and abuse them at the match.

14Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 17:04

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Why go then.If you are not happy stay away.Negative people at the Reebok are not wanted or needed.Unfortunately we are where we are and to get back to where we want to be we need to pull together.The players dont pass to other team players on purpose.They are trying to win and with Wanderers being favourites their is pressure to perform.Tipping over the tippex or breaking a nail in an office is hardly pressure or are you the CEO of Microsoft(DONT THINK SO)Abusing the team at the match and booing them sounds to me like you may be a little frustrated in other departments.Tell you what to ease the stress ill send you a Rampant Rabbit use daily and maybe you will cheer the lads next time you visit the Reebok.If Keith Andrews miss hits a pass we might get a" unlucky lad keep going".

15Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Why go then.If you are not happy stay away.Negative people at the Reebok are not wanted or needed.Unfortunately we are where we are and to get back to where we want to be we need to pull together

I'm guessing you're about 12 so I won't be too harsh on you. What I will do is give you a bit of advice - don't spend your whole life being a sheep. Try and form your own opinions and act accordingly.

If you go through life happy to accept mediocrity, that's exactly what you will get.

16Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 17:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Why go then.If you are not happy stay away.Negative people at the Reebok are not wanted or needed.Unfortunately we are where we are and to get back to where we want to be we need to pull together.The players dont pass to other team players on purpose.They are trying to win and with Wanderers being favourites their is pressure to perform.Tipping over the tippex or breaking a nail in an office is hardly pressure or are you the CEO of Microsoft(DONT THINK SO)Abusing the team at the match and booing them sounds to me like you may be a little frustrated in other departments.Tell you what to ease the stress ill send you a Rampant Rabbit use daily and maybe you will cheer the lads next time you visit the Reebok.If Keith Andrews miss hits a pass we might get a" unlucky lad keep going".

cracking post son.

cheers

17Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

cracking post son.

cheers

Cheap shot.

18Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

cracking post son.

cheers

Cheap shot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:43

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I wish i was 12 again.But how am i a sheep by supporting my team home and away for over 30 years.As far as accepting mediocraty how long have you been a Wanderers fan as maybe you are nearer to 12 than me.You obviously were not around in the 80;s.I went to a Leauge Cup match at Notts County and we were 6-0 down at half time,it finished 6-1 john Thomas scored for us in the 2nd half.Why don,t you support Man U then all your dreams will come true.If you then say no i am a Bolton Wanderers fan Rain or Shine you are supporting my argument that you turn up whatever whenever and cheer the lads one for the 90 minutes.After that then maybe if they have been atrocious show some frustration.As you do seem tense.

20Can away form be key to Promotion Empty Re: Can away form be key to Promotion Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:I wish i was 12 again.But how am i a sheep by supporting my team home and away for over 30 years.As far as accepting mediocraty how long have you been a Wanderers fan as maybe you are nearer to 12 than me.You obviously were not around in the 80;s.I went to a Leauge Cup match at Notts County and we were 6-0 down at half time,it finished 6-1 john Thomas scored for us in the 2nd half.Why don,t you support Man U then all your dreams will come true.If you then say no i am a Bolton Wanderers fan Rain or Shine you are supporting my argument that you turn up whatever whenever and cheer the lads one for the 90 minutes.After that then maybe if they have been atrocious show some frustration.As you do seem tense.

I didn't miss a game, home or away, between 1990 and 2001. I've been as loyal as anyone.

But unlike you, I can be loyal and still have my say. And the only way I can let the players know I am not happy is to boo them. Loudly.

Unfortunately, the typical football fan is more like you, in total awe of these overpaid ponces and willing to let them get away with murder. That's your right, but it makes you a sheep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum