Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 34]

511Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon Jan 07 2019, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:I went on a cabbage soup diet once. I survived. Not many of the people around me did though.

You mean they all went back to eating meat? Very Happy
No. They ran out of gas masks.

Very Happy

512Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 01:24

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Everyone watch Dominic Cumberbatch tonight?

513Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 10:22

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The irony of some brexit supporting right wing arseholes calling a Tory MP a Nazi. Are they so ignorant that they don't know what the Nazis were?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46789601

514Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 11:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
She's not a Nazi but I think it's a stretch to call her a Tory.

515Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 11:50

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:She's not a Nazi but I think it's a stretch to call her a Tory.
Why's that Hipster? Because she's pro-EU like the majority of the Tory party and every Tory Prime Minister since Churchill?

516Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 12:04

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Brexit - The Uncivil War.

Telegraph loved it and the Guardian thought it was irresponsible to portray Farage and Banks as comedy characters instead of painting them as "dangerous shit-stirrers", but I thought they missed the point. 
The key thing about this is the superb portrayal of the architect of the Leave campaign, Dominic Cummings - the rest of the characters are really peripheral in this fact-based drama.
It was an excellent insight into how Cummings pulled Brexit off and would recommend it to anyone regardless of persuasion. 

It'll be on the Channel 4 player I'd imagine.

517Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 12:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:She's not a Nazi but I think it's a stretch to call her a Tory.
Why's that Hipster? Because she's pro-EU like the majority of the Tory party and every Tory Prime Minister since Churchill?

No it's not lusty.

518Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 19:41

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

519Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 20:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On the 9th of May, the 27 EU leaders will usher in a new dawn, with a very special summit that will pave the way for a stronger, more united and more democratic Europe. #EURoad2Sibiu 

Crikey. Didn't see this on my ballot paper. Quite deceptive of the remain campaign to say a vote to remain was a vote for the status quo.

520Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 20:51

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Yes obviously the remain campaign is guilty of not predicting that a summit would be taking place three years after the referendum to discuss moving towards a more democratic Europe. If only they had stuck to bare faced lies like promising to spend £350m on the NHS. :facepalm:

521Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 20:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Exactly. 

Only one campaign gets 24/7 coverage in the media for its lies though.

Strange that.

522Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 21:25

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:On the 9th of May, the 27 EU leaders will usher in a new dawn, with a very special summit that will pave the way for a stronger, more united and more democratic Europe. #EURoad2Sibiu 

Crikey. Didn't see this on my ballot paper. Quite deceptive of the remain campaign to say a vote to remain was a vote for the status quo.

Eh? What’s the issue with their plans for the future?

523Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What are their plans. We weren't told during the referendum. Might have been nice to know so I knew what I was voting for.

524Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 21:47

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

525Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 22:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The referendum was In 2016.

526Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 22:23

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I genuinely don’t understand why they’re not allowed to have a plan for their future? Should they wind it up because we’re out?

527Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 08 2019, 23:03

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well I wish our Government was more communicative about their future plans.
I'm wondering what the tax rises they are proposing are and I don't fully understand how this defeat for May will limit their options on raising taxes - need to check it out.

528Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 07:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I genuinely don’t understand why they’re not allowed to have a plan for their future? Should they wind it up because we’re out?

I think you're missing the point.

529Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 08:10

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
They should have told you their plans for the future in 2016 - despite them being released a year later.

No mention of an EU army in there by the way.

530Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 08:25

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:They should have told you their plans for the future in 2016 - despite them being released a year later.

No mention of an EU army in there by the way.
Or the 70 million Turks who are all moving to England for that matter.

531Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 10:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:They should have told you their plans for the future in 2016 - despite them being released a year later.

No mention of an EU army in there by the way.

Well if it's expected of the leave side. Why can't I expect the same for the remain side? Quite simple really.

532Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bercow, the insufferable weasel desperately trying to block brexit. Abusing his position.

533Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 14:53

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bercow, the insufferable weasel desperately trying to block brexit. Abusing his position.
Have you actually read Erskine May then given that it defines his position?

534Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 15:00

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No No Deal

Just get on with the people's vote and have it done with.

535Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 15:14

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@wanderlust wrote:No No Deal

Just get on with the people's vote and have it done with.

Yet another defeat for May.

536Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 16:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bercow, the insufferable weasel desperately trying to block brexit. Abusing his position.
Have you actually read Erskine May then given that it defines his position?

No but I'm sure an expert such as yourself will be able to enlighten us better than the commons clerks.

537Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 09 2019, 19:43

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:They should have told you their plans for the future in 2016 - despite them being released a year later.

No mention of an EU army in there by the way.

Well if it's expected of the leave side. Why can't I expect the same for the remain side? Quite simple really.

The remain side was to maintain the status quo. Of which a future ‘vision’ is clearly a known part of it. At least as part of it we’d have a say in its direction.

The reason the onus is on Leave to define Brexit is obvious - there were numerous variations on what Brexit means. Two years later it’s not defined, that lack of direction has fucked us.

538Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 10 2019, 00:37

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bercow, the insufferable weasel desperately trying to block brexit. Abusing his position.
Have you actually read Erskine May then given that it defines his position?

No but I'm sure an expert such as yourself will be able to enlighten us better than the commons clerks.
So you're saying that the Commons clerks are suggesting Berkow abused his position? Where's that then?
Or is it just you?

539Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 10 2019, 07:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bercow, the insufferable weasel desperately trying to block brexit. Abusing his position.
Have you actually read Erskine May then given that it defines his position?

No but I'm sure an expert such as yourself will be able to enlighten us better than the commons clerks.
So you're saying that the Commons clerks are suggesting Berkow abused his position? Where's that then?
Or is it just you?

Must have missed the bit in my last post where I said that.

540Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 10 2019, 08:48

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum