You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 34]

631Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 17:40

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Think you’re over simplifying it. Financial services base themselves in London because of access to the single market and low barriers to dealing in Europe - that has generated huge amounts of money.

Regardless of what happens now a lot of damage has already been done to the UKs standing in those industries, rather than waiting to find out what’s happening they’ve already acted.

632Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 17:44

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:The EU has no money. They simply take ours and decide how much of it to give us back.

We contribute more than we take.

As I am sure you already know the size of member states' payments to the EU budget is broadly dependent on the size of their economy. So we contribute less than Germany and France and slightly more than Italy.

In terms of net givers and receivers Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium and France all proportionately pay more than the UK.

Still actual facts are completely irrelevant for brexit fans.

633Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 19:56

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

634Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 19:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Huge defeat for the Government. Expected a defeat, but the numbers surprised me.

635Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 20:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:The EU has no money. They simply take ours and decide how much of it to give us back.

We contribute more than we take.

As I am sure you already know the size of member states' payments to the EU budget is broadly dependent on the size of their economy. So we contribute less than Germany and France and slightly more than Italy.

In terms of net givers and receivers Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium and France all proportionately pay more than the UK.

Still actual facts are completely irrelevant for brexit fans.

Nothing I said was wrong.

636Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Huge defeat for the Government. Expected a defeat, but the numbers surprised me.

Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Dw-jI5AWoAA3mzm

Very Happy

637Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
An utterly pointless vote of no confidence proposed by Labour, they won't get May out.

But it'll be another day wasted bickering about nothing.

Our politicians, from all parties, have let the country down.

Even I'd now welcome a second referendum.

638Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 20:51

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
She’s just wasted an entire month on this deal. And two years negotiating for a make believe deal. We need leadership who can get a better deal.

639Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:00

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Battered by 230 votes - has to be some kind of record.

640Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:She’s just wasted an entire month on this deal. And two years negotiating for a make believe deal. We need leadership who can get a better deal.

And who is that leader?

641Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:18

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You know who I think homey, quit playin.

642Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd love to see Corbyn in charge. You reap what you sow.

643Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You know who I think homey, quit playin.

Corbyn or Boris?

644Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Dp8p11DWsAArfKh

645Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:50

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@wanderlust wrote:Battered by 230 votes - has to be some kind of record.

It is the largest defeat for a sitting government in history.

646Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:51

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

Even I'd now welcome a second referendum.

Shocked

647Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 21:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You know who I think homey, quit playin.

Corbyn or Boris?

FARAGE! :uk:

648Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 22:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Even Farage said another vote might be necessary.

649Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue Jan 15 2019, 22:56

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Seems we are all agreed that another vote is necessary - well apart from May and Corbyn.

650Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 13:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You know who I think homey, quit playin.

Corbyn or Boris
Boris, at least we'll get a laugh.

651Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 14:23

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:Seems we are all agreed that another vote is necessary - well apart from May and Corbyn.
I'm appalled at the situation. May painted herself into a corner by piss poor negotiation and a determination to railroad through a crap deal that nobody is happy with - not that I believe such a deal could ever exist given that the leave campaign focused on fear and lies and the question was so simplified that not everyone voted for the same thing. However that's water under the bridge now and it's sad that both leaders feel the need to play politics at a time of national crisis.

With a different deal no longer being an option it's looking like it's either no deal or a people's vote, but given recent history I can foresee a lot of argument about what people should be asked to vote on if that option is taken. What a f****** mess.

652Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 14:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@wanderlust wrote:
@xmiles wrote:Seems we are all agreed that another vote is necessary - well apart from May and Corbyn.
I'm appalled at the situation. May painted herself into a corner by piss poor negotiation and a determination to railroad through a crap deal that nobody is happy with - not that I believe such a deal could ever exist given that the leave campaign focused on fear and lies and the question was so simplified that not everyone voted for the same thing. However that's water under the bridge now and it's sad that both leaders feel the need to play politics at a time of national crisis.

With a different deal no longer being an option it's looking like it's either no deal or a people's vote, but given recent history I can foresee a lot of argument about what people should be asked to vote on if that option is taken. What a f****** mess.
Don't throw yourself off the bridge yet Wander, the EU are happy to resume negotiations. Needless to say there will be a price to pay. I doubt it will be as much as Corbyn is prepared to trade away, but at least we have let the EU know the strength of our feelings, and that we won't be as easy a pushover as they had hoped.
Brexit will still happen, and in the meantime, at least for the next few hours, I dread the thought of Corbyn and his third rate cabinet gaining control of the country and all its resources.

653Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 15:07

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:
@xmiles wrote:Seems we are all agreed that another vote is necessary - well apart from May and Corbyn.
I'm appalled at the situation. May painted herself into a corner by piss poor negotiation and a determination to railroad through a crap deal that nobody is happy with - not that I believe such a deal could ever exist given that the leave campaign focused on fear and lies and the question was so simplified that not everyone voted for the same thing. However that's water under the bridge now and it's sad that both leaders feel the need to play politics at a time of national crisis.

With a different deal no longer being an option it's looking like it's either no deal or a people's vote, but given recent history I can foresee a lot of argument about what people should be asked to vote on if that option is taken. What a f****** mess.
Don't throw yourself off the bridge yet Wander, the EU are happy to resume negotiations. Needless to say there will be a price to pay. I doubt it will be as much as Corbyn is prepared to trade away, but at least we have let the EU know the strength of our feelings, and that we won't be as easy a pushover as they had hoped.
Brexit will still happen, and in the meantime, at least for the next few hours, I dread the thought of Corbyn and his third rate cabinet gaining control of the country and all its resources.

I don't know where you get the idea that the EU are happy to resume negotiations from. I have seen nothing to support this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46887683

654Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 15:40

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
They won’t negotiate with May, because she’s given everything she can.

Labour is a different story though.

655Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We'll probably end up in EFTA.

656Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 19:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oh lord. Gove evicorated Corbyn tonight.

That was like the good old days of when Dave Cameron took on steptoe. 

May is hopeless.

657Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Jan 16 2019, 19:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh lord. Gove evicorated Corbyn tonight.

That was like the good old days of when Dave Cameron took on steptoe. 

May is hopeless.

Brexit negotiations - Page 22 ZCW9FHgTdQ-10

658Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 17 2019, 13:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

659Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 17 2019, 14:32

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
"Tories couldn't organise a fuck up" - made me laugh until I realised they have presided over the biggest fuck up in history.

660Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu Jan 17 2019, 18:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Brexit negotiations - Page 22 Brexit10

My Mr. Bingo Brexit tea towel arrived today. Work of art

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum