Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

811Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 10:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No I didn't. My opposition to brexit is not because I think the EU is perfect. It is far from perfect and has many problems but it still offers the UK many advantages. Currently we have a pretty good deal.

Leaving the EU will damage our economy. The only question is just how badly. Many of the people who will be affected (like the Nissan employees) voted brexit. I know posters on here will say they were not influenced by the lies of the brexit campaign but undoubtedly many did really believe that the NHS would get £350m and that Turkey was about to join the EU.

Given that the leave campaign was corrupt and never mentioned any details about what brexit actually meant I think it is now necessary to have another referendum to resolve matters.

812Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:XM, did you see the program on the TV last night about 10 years of turmoil in Europe, trying to save the Euro, etc?  Fascinating , and quite an eye-opener. Merkel comes out of it as a single-minded bully, and really not a very nice person. It also shows how determined they are to get their way. Not easily manipulated by others (us), as some would like to think. It doesn't matter who takes us forward, its going to be an extremely difficult task.
I did and I thought Merkel came out of it very well despite the spin, given that the whole point of the EU is to create a strong and unified trading and power block that is able to compete with (or moreover not get crushed by) the economic and military superpowers in the increasingly globalised future that is inevitable. The Euro makes every sense in that scenario and it is by no means easy to get it up and running, especially when there were previously 27 countries that had an emotional attachment to their old currencies, but to be fair they all manned up and accepted the inevitability of change in the end - apart from the UK which seems to think having a picture of the queen on the money is more important than progress and staying competitive in the future.

I can understand that this would be scoffed at by small-minded NIMBYs who are change averse even though the advances in communications, technology and transport have already happened and a dependency on global trade already exists. That view would certainly be adopted by those who were taken in by the corrupt Leave campaign as documented in the excellent and balanced fact-based drama documentary Brexit-the Uncivil War which can be seen here until tomorrow.

813Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 16:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good grief ! I ask a straight-forward question, and get a lecture from both Europhiles. 
But to go to your points Wander, yes, she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. Fortunately, many of the more level-headed politicians managed to reign her in a bit. 
The next episode, which I believe will show the details about uncontrolled immigration, and where the EU couldn't cope again, should be good. Looking forward to it.

814Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 17:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. 

Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Thatcher_eating_someone

815Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 17:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote: she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. 

Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Thatcher_eating_someone

Laughing

816Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 07:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
The next episode, which I believe will show the details about uncontrolled immigration, and where the EU couldn't cope again, should be good. Looking forward to it.
So it's not likely that there will be an episode on the EU winning the 2012 Nobel Peace prize for "the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe" then?

Or leading the world in the clean up of ecological cock ups and improvements of air and water quality (including creating turd free beaches Very Happy )? 

Or contributing over 50% of the world's foreign aid?

Or their achievements in tackling discrimination on the basis of gender, race, age and disability?

Or providing unprecedented investment in propping up and turning around failing UK industries to provide jobs for millions of Brits?

I think we know where this is going....

817Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 08:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
So it's not likely that there will be an episode on the EU winning the 2012 Nobel Peace prize for "the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe" then?

Or leading the world in the clean up of ecological cock ups and improvements of air and water quality (including creating turd free beaches Very Happy )? 

Or their achievements in tackling discrimination on the basis of gender, race, age and disability?

Or providing unprecedented investment in propping up and turning around failing UK industries to provide jobs for millions of Brits?

Stop bothering glos with facts! He doesn't like being lectured.

818Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mods, do your job, time for xmiles to be confined to posting in the Film & TV thread.

819Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Stop bothering glos with facts! He doesn't like being lectured.
That's not the point I was making X - nor am I trying to lecture Glos, whose opinion I respect even if we don't always agree. I was merely implying that the series does not necessarily present a balanced view of the EU - which pretty much reflects the British media over the last 30 years since they lost sight of the very reasons that swept us into Europe in the first place - and how bad Britain was beforehand. I just think that Britain has benefited hugely from EU membership and now that we have those benefits the media is taking them for granted and find it easier to pick faults in what is a work in progress than to remind the public of the benefits.

820Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 10:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Corbyns true colours revealed for everyone to see. 

And he makes some excellent points.

https://twitter.com/TheRedRoar/status/1092522416591519745?s=19

821Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 11:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Corbyns true colours revealed for everyone to see. 

And he makes some excellent points.

https://twitter.com/TheRedRoar/status/1092522416591519745?s=19

Nothing new here.

Corbyn is a hypocrite and I have never believed that he voted remain. He certainly didn't actively assist the remain campaign in any way.

822Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 16:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"A special place in hell....Smile"

Made me laugh this one.

823Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 01:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So with the EU leaders reiterating that there will be no renegotiation, despite May going back with "a new mandate and renewed determination" it now looks nailed on that the only choice being given is May's deal or no deal as predicted.

This will be fun as the MPs that united to defeat May's deal will now form new lines so it will be interesting to see what Brexit means to them - other than "Brexit means Brexit" - whatever that's supposed to mean.

But for the ordinary people it's looking like "You brexit, you bought it"

And obviously the "people's vote" is off the table as it would leave May and her cronies with nothing.

At least we have a choice between eating a shit sandwich or kick in the balls.

824Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 08:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is what "taking back control" looks like. Rolling Eyes

825Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 10:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:"A special place in hell....Smile"

Made me laugh this one.

And they keep sneering and looking down on us.

They just don't get it do they.

826Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 11:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Made me laugh this one.

Why wouldn't they sneer? The government have made a complete balls of it, and thinks the EU should sort it out for them.
It's rather like a man who, having stood in a pile of dog shit, blames his shoes, and demands recompense from the manufacturer.

827Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 11:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you think they've ever asked themselves. Why did 17 million people wish to leave the EU? 

No I don't think so either. 

Putting a hard border up would be my response to this comment.

828Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 11:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Made me laugh this one.

He is not "sneering and looking down on us". He is commenting on "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely". Which is an entirely accurate statement. Which is then twisted in standard brexiteer fake news style as something completely different. Just like the £350m for the NHS, etc, etc.

829Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Do you think they've ever asked themselves. Why did 17 million people wish to leave the EU? 

No I don't think so either. 

Putting a hard border up would be my response to this comment.
It would be a bit harsh on the 50 million people who didn't vote to leave but we should build a wall down the middle of the English Channel, North Sea and Irish Sea with a wee swerve across the Irish border to take in a bit of the Atlantic and join up somewhere north of the Orkneys.

That said, the Prison system is already underfunded so an undertaking of this scale could only be funded by 100% direct taxation on people who voted Leave and their descendants. Seems fair to me.

830Brexit negotiations - Page 42 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Feb 07 2019, 12:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be funded by taxation or borrowing. That's the only source of government money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum