Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Villa 2-0 Bolton

+9
Cajunboy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
y2johnny
rammywhite
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Parkinson must have the safest job in world football, he's the worst manager in a job at this time yet has the total backing of Anderson, what incentive has he got? what pressure is he under? none as I see it, so he just carries on with his anti football tactics, ok tonight we looked ok in bursts but still lacked any shape, 5 or 6 changes from game to game is counter productive, no continuity, no cohesion, and knocks player confidence, as Bill Shankly once said football is a simple game complicated by idiots, and Parkinson is an idiot.

32Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:21 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pace and quality lacking up top are amplified in the absence of Ameobi who can shit up defences so until he's back and Ireland is fit Parky should play to the strengths of the rest of the squad which is to play 3 DMs and pray IMO.

33Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 am

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

To be fair, compared to recent weeks, first 15 minutes aside, I thought last night was better. We tried to press and the effort was there and we could easily have gone in at half time at one apiece. There was just a massive lack of quality. Chester's clearance off the line was superb and Oz or Donaldson should have scored as well. I thought Donaldson did OK last night considering the lack of support. 

Their second goal was never a free kick in the first place and James Chester was offside when it came in. As I said, a severe lack of quality was evident last night. Doidge is so slow its unbelievable and the step up is a bit much for him I think. He needs to have chances put on a plate in the box as a poacher rather than running in behind because he couldn't escape a pensioner with that pace. 

Having said all that, we can't continue not picking up any points like this or we'll be buried before too long.

34Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree totally about Doidge, ALF would have snaffled up that chance when Doidge was put through towards the end of the game.

Have we signed a binding agreement to sign Doidge at the end of the season or can we send him back to Forest Green? If we have to pay £1m for this guy it could well rival the Sordell signing for utter shiteness.

35Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Agree totally about Doidge, ALF would have snaffled up that chance when Doidge was put through towards the end of the game.

Have we signed a binding agreement to sign Doidge at the end of the season or can we send him back to Forest Green? If we have to pay £1m for this guy it could well rival the Sordell signing for utter shiteness.
Sordell was six times  worse!  Can't we ever pick a winner?  ALF scoring for fun in Australia... and please remind me the last time we scored... so long ago!

36Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers fell to a 2-0 defeat against Aston Villa in the Sky Bet Championship on Friday evening, with Jack Grealish and James Chester scoring the goals for the Villans.

Team News

Phil Parkinson made five changes from the starting eleven that lined up against Hull City.

David Wheater and Jason Lowe came in for Mark Beevers and Josh Vela, with Andrew Taylor, Will Buckley and Craig Noone replacing Marc Wilson, Lloyd Dyer and Christian Doidge.

First Half

Villa went a goal to the good four minutes in, as Jack Grealish rounded Ben Alnwick to calmly finish into an open net.

With 14 minutes gone, Villans wide man Albert Adomah had his effort from distance whistle just wide of the far post.

Wanderers had their first chance of the game with 20 minutes gone in the first half, as a Will Buckley cross into the area found Clayton Donaldson.

The forward brought it down and played in Erhun Oztumer, but the playmaker’s effort couldn’t beat Orjan Nyland at the far post.

Oztumer turned provider minutes later, as his delivery into a packed Villa penalty area found Jack Hobbs’ head, but the defender’s effort was cleared off the line by Villans skipper James Chester.

Jack Grealish nearly had his second of the game, as space opened up on the edge of the Wanderers’ penalty area for him to have a strike on goal.

However, Ben Alnwick was equal to it with a routine diving save down to his left.

On the half hour mark, Jonathan Kodjia came close for Dean Smith’s men, as a cross to the far post found the Ivorian, but he skied his effort into the stand behind.

The Villans had the ball in the back of the net, as a Grealish corner found Chester’s head, who nodded the ball home but was adjudged to be in an offside position.

Another Oztumer free kick found towering centre back Jack Hobbs, but his header was deflected away from the Villa goal.

Two minutes from the break and a ball into the far post saw Alnwick deflect away the initial danger, with the follow up from John McGinn headed into the side netting.

Second Half

Immediately after the restart and Kodjia was causing the Whites’ backline problems again, running down the left before squaring to Tammy Abraham.

However, the forward couldn’t quite get the ball out of his feet before the threat was cleared.

Craig Noone responded a minute later, firing at goal from an acute angle but Nyland got down low to avert the shot away from goal.

Villa doubled their lead through James Chester, as a Grealish set-piece found the Welsh international, who promptly headed home from close distance.

With just over 20 minutes to the final whistle, Kodjia nearly extended Villa’s lead to three.

The winger broke down the left side of the pitch, cut inside but his resulting effort was never troubling the keeper.

Adomah had an acrobatic effort from close to 18 yard box minutes after, but it only found the roof of the Wanderers’ net.

Noone nearly got Wanderers back into the clash, with a right footed effort from 25 yards narrowly misses the frame of the goal.

Grealish found himself in space again on the edge of the Wanderers area, but his effort was hit with too much power as it sailed over the crossbar.

With six minutes to go and the Whites put together a lovely flowing passing move, with Williams combining with substitute Christian Doidge, but Villa got back in numbers and managed to clear the threat of conceding.

Villa's Conor Hourihane went close late on with a long ranged effort, however it wasn't close enough to test Ben Alnwick.

Both Lloyd Dyer and Josh Magennis went close for Wanderers with a minute of regular time on the clock.

Dyer had a shot from close range saved by Nyland, with the follow up header by Magennis flicked narrowly wide of the mark.

In added time, a David Wheater knockdown in the area found substitute Josh Magennis, but the Northern Irishman's effort was inches from finding the back of Nyland's goal.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick, Taylor, Lowe, Oztumer (Doidge 78), Donaldson (Magennis 70), Buckley (Dyer 68), Noone, Hobbs, Olkowski, Williams, Wheater (C).

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Beevers, Vela, Grounds

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm that apathetic about BWFC i couldn't even be bothered commenting on Fridays game until now. I expected a loss and we got one. Yes it was a slightly better performance but we look massively short on goal threat and Parky has to stop tinkering. Another 5 changes on top of 7 in the 2 previous game.

38Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We apparently paid £400k for Doidge but with bonuses if we achieve anything so I don't think the money is such a big issue.
As regards the game, we were a bit unlucky but certainly didn't do enough to win it, still in my mind it was an improvement and if we perform like that against less salubrious teams than Villa we have a chance.

39Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We apparently paid £400k for Doidge but with bonuses if we achieve anything so I don't think the money is such a big issue.

It's a massive issue.

40Villa 2-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We apparently paid £400k for Doidge but with bonuses if we achieve anything so I don't think the money is such a big issue.

It's a massive issue.
..but not a £1million issue as reported.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum