Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust looking to own the club???

+6
Growler
Norpig
Cajunboy
terenceanne
DEANO82
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Looks like the ST are now calling on their very good friend at the BN, Marc Iles, to dish out more anti-Anderson propaganda. What a shame that neither the BN nor the ST want to follow the money trail that tracks the club's money to the private companies of the ST's other erstwhile confidante, Dean Holdsworth. Meanwhile other BWFC websites still haven't cottoned on to what funded the 472K that  Inner Circle lashed out on the Holdsworth shares or why it had little alternative

Yes, I saw Iles article much earlier today (which basically is about them bitching that Ken wants nothing to do with them or their MoU - which was posted about on this thread a number of days back) but decided not to post it up on Nuts for a number of reasons, one of which was to see how much (or how little!) of a reaction people had to it.  

As I suspected it hasn't raised even a ripple of interest by anyone other than a few of the anti-Anderson nutjobs and even then the 'hardcore' Anderson haters don't seem to have jumped on the bandwagon either, suggesting that even they are now giving a wide swerve to anything to do with those leading the ST these days!

The article can be found here if anyone wishes to waste five minutes of their life, like I did, reading it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Most interesting bits to me are that the ST still doesn't seem to have learned any lessons and that Iles is still happy to go along with the anti-Anderson propaganda even when he knows that the club could ill-afford the £525K consultancy fee and that Anderson had little choice but to find the money to reach an accomodation with Blumarble and pay off Holdsworth and his legal advisors.

In September 2017, Blumarble appointed Quantuma to liquidate Sports Shield BWFC with an initial payment being made to Quantuma of £150,000. I think it most likely that this money came directly or indirectly from the club and formed part of the £472K that Inner Circle spent on acquiring Holdsworth's shares. In other words there were other payments amounting to c.£322K that preceded the £150K.

It is possible that the £150K is on top of the £472K but I would think that less likely. Tracing the history and the money through the three Sports Shield companies is fascinating, if something of a minority sport.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anderson really rips into the ST in his latest Note from the Chairman!

I am aware of the Supporters’ Trust’s recent statement in which they have requested for me to engage in ‘structured dialogue’ with their own representatives and the wider support, which I quite frankly find astonishing.

Since I became involved with this club, it has been my intention to have an open and honest line of communication with ALL our supporters and not to hold exclusive conversations with individuals or groups.

During one of my early meetings with them they requested board representation and a shareholding. Their financial offer was what I can only describe as derisory and insulting and generally speaking nothing positive ever came out of the meetings.

In the Q&A sessions I have held at the club, the invitation has always been open for every single Bolton Wanderers fan and no questions have been off limits. These have been timed to coincide with matchdays to ensure as many supporters as possible can attend. The Supporters Trust and other supporter groups are able to participate in these forums and ask whatever questions they would like.

In the letter they sent to me requesting said ‘structured dialogue’ they added in a paragraph to the Memorandum of Understanding to suit their own agenda which isn’t included in the current regulations. We felt this to be disingenuous.

It’s perhaps pertinent to mention that the Supporters Trust have had three changes in leadership in relatively quick succession which would make ‘structured dialogue’ somewhat challenging and I have some concerns about how they operate their elections and not to mention the direct debit subscriptions fiasco.

I’ll be looking to have another Q&A forum in January and of course representatives from the Supporters Trust are more than welcome to attend alongside all our other supporters and we can all engage in some ‘structured dialogue.’

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:Anderson really rips into the ST in his latest Note from the Chairman!

I am aware of the Supporters’ Trust’s recent statement in which they have requested for me to engage in ‘structured dialogue’ with their own representatives and the wider support, which I quite frankly find astonishing.

Since I became involved with this club, it has been my intention to have an open and honest line of communication with ALL our supporters and not to hold exclusive conversations with individuals or groups.

During one of my early meetings with them they requested board representation and a shareholding. Their financial offer was what I can only describe as derisory and insulting and generally speaking nothing positive ever came out of the meetings.

In the Q&A sessions I have held at the club, the invitation has always been open for every single Bolton Wanderers fan and no questions have been off limits. These have been timed to coincide with matchdays to ensure as many supporters as possible can attend. The Supporters Trust and other supporter groups are able to participate in these forums and ask whatever questions they would like.

In the letter they sent to me requesting said ‘structured dialogue’ they added in a paragraph to the Memorandum of Understanding to suit their own agenda which isn’t included in the current regulations. We felt this to be disingenuous.

It’s perhaps pertinent to mention that the Supporters Trust have had three changes in leadership in relatively quick succession which would make ‘structured dialogue’ somewhat challenging and I have some concerns about how they operate their elections and not to mention the direct debit subscriptions fiasco.

I’ll be looking to have another Q&A forum in January and of course representatives from the Supporters Trust are more than welcome to attend alongside all our other supporters and we can all engage in some ‘structured dialogue.’

Yes the supporters trust have done themselves no favours and in fact made things worse.

Surely better to have tried to understand the problems and asked to work with the club in these difficult times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum