You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Parkinson to Reading?

Parkinson to Reading?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Fri Dec 14 2018, 16:33

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Shame they didn't ban Parky

32Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Tue Dec 18 2018, 18:51

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Parky looking the clear favourite for the Reading job now.

33Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Tue Dec 18 2018, 18:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
My mate just told me we are looking for a new manager, and he's a newcstle supporter. I'e seen nothing about this.

34Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Tue Dec 18 2018, 19:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Reading are daft if they don't go for Jakanovic. I hope we get him if they do opt for Parky. Would be a miracle though

35Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Tue Dec 18 2018, 19:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Parky looking the clear favourite for the Reading job now.
That report was from Dec 11th, I think they would've spoke to him by now if he was a serious contender, sadly we're stuck with him.

36Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Wed Dec 19 2018, 17:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This is a cruel thread title.

For a moment I thought he gone.

37Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

Jose Gomes: Reading name Rio Ave boss as new manager

38Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

There seems to be a misguided conception that Portuguese managers are the way forward, Wolves did it but did they just get lucky? I think it'll end up in more tears than if Parkinson had taken over.

39Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

There seems to be a misguided conception that Portuguese managers are the way forward, Wolves did it but did they just get lucky? I think it'll end up in more tears than if Parkinson had taken over.

No they didn't get lucky Martin, they had a huge amount of money from a massive Chinese investment group (that probably means the Chinese state has its fingers in it!) and is very, vert heavily linked to a proper Super Agent - Jorge Mendes - who is Portuguese, who is all but in name only the man in charge at Wolves.

They bought the league in effect last season and it would surprise me if they continue to buy heavily to strengthen the squad and look to break into the top six, in the next few years.

You may find this link interesting -

40Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No they didn't get lucky Martin, they had a huge amount of money from a massive Chinese investment group (that probably means the Chinese state has its fingers in it!) and is very, vert heavily linked to a proper Super Agent - Jorge Mendes - who is Portuguese, who is all but in name only the man in charge at Wolves.

They bought the league in effect last season.

Having money helps, but it buys you nothing without the right man in charge.

41Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:59

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So Wolves got lucky then.They've been fortunate to have 2 previous owners Jack Hayward and Steve Morgan who wrote off all the clubs debt when they sold up as opposed to Eddie Davies who left what about £20 million debt in the club when Ken took over?

42Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? on Sun Dec 23 2018, 17:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So Wolves got lucky then.They've been fortunate to have 2 previous owners Jack Hayward and Steve Morgan who wrote off all the clubs debt when they sold up as opposed to Eddie Davies who left what about £20 million debt in the club when Ken took over?

Not sure if you are addressing this to me or not but if you are my first four/five words I wrote above was that they didn't get lucky!

So I guess it wasn't me after all?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum