Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Migrant crisis - they're at it again.

Migrant crisis - they're at it again.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 13:57

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I was thinking of hiring a pedalo and shooting across the pond to land on a beach in Long Island. When the US Border Patrol or whoever they are called catch me, do you think they should be calling Theresa May asking her what the hell is going on ? 4 or 5 illegals landing on a beach in the UK each day is a "Crisis". Not as much of a crisis as the fact there are thousands of homeless British people that need help, thousands of former Military personnel who need help and thousands of British people relying on food banks every day. Still, it's easier to stir up more xenophobic hatred when the Brexit plan is struggling than deal with real problems.

32Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 14:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not doing a very good job are they? 

It's part of the Dublin agreement that asylum seekers are processed by the first safe country they enter. Im sure every refugee is being properly processed by France. Thus not counteracting EU law as you say.

33Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 14:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Dunkels King wrote:I was thinking of hiring a pedalo and shooting across the pond to land on a beach in Long Island. When the US Border Patrol or whoever they are called catch me, do you think they should be calling Theresa May asking her what the hell is going on ? 4 or 5 illegals landing on a beach in the UK each day is a "Crisis". Not as much of a crisis as the fact there are thousands of homeless British people that need help, thousands of former Military personnel who need help and thousands of British people relying on food banks every day. Still, it's easier to stir up more xenophobic hatred when the Brexit plan is struggling than deal with real problems.

What's your solution?

34Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 14:31

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not doing a very good job are they? 

It's part of the Dublin agreement that asylum seekers are processed by the first safe country they enter. Im sure every refugee is being properly processed by France. Thus not counteracting EU law as you say.

More than 100,000 people requested asylum in France in 2017. Less than 15,000 were granted asylum in the UK. Most of the asylum seekers in France probably arrived via another EU country. Many of those crossing the channel illegally have likely avoided registering in France.

Your attempt to blame the French for this problem is a typical example of the dishonest bullshit that characterises every aspect of the Leave campaign.

35Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 15:13

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@Dunkels King wrote:I was thinking of hiring a pedalo and shooting across the pond to land on a beach in Long Island. When the US Border Patrol or whoever they are called catch me, do you think they should be calling Theresa May asking her what the hell is going on ? 4 or 5 illegals landing on a beach in the UK each day is a "Crisis". Not as much of a crisis as the fact there are thousands of homeless British people that need help, thousands of former Military personnel who need help and thousands of British people relying on food banks every day. Still, it's easier to stir up more xenophobic hatred when the Brexit plan is struggling than deal with real problems.

What's your solution?

My solution is to take them in, process them ,and when it is found they are indeed Iranians as they say, and that they are economic migrants, send them back to iran. if you find they are in fact refugees, if you can prove they registered in Greece or Italy or France, send them back. If you can't, do your bit like France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Greece and Spain are doing. Stop with the mentality that a few hundred people in 6 weeks is some sort of disaster. Small Greek Islands were getting more than that every day.

The UK has not left the EU yet, so it should take it's share being as all the top Tory Brexiteers keep banging on about how great and rich the Country is. It's not all about the UK or Iranians trying to come to the UK. Half of Africa also want's to move to Europe as well. I have no solution for that. Some would say shoot them no doubt. Why is it so hard for people to understand that people will always try to migrate to somewhere that offers them better opportunities ?

My solution for the rest would be to build container housing like other countries do, including Germany. This could be used to house homeless people. In return for being given that home they can work some of the jobs that so many people have said are being stolen by EU workers, or more to the point, are currently looking for people because half those EU people already fucked off. The next thing is that the Government needs to invest in training more mental health, and in fact normal health staff. The problem is it doesn't, because it's easier to fill the places with people from the EU. That shouldn't stop the Government investing though. The trouble is, despite pretending to be a rich and powerful country, the reality is we are skint.

In Germany up until a few years ago they had a system were the eldest child in a family had to perform a kind of National Service. It kind of expanded to where you could go and work in a hospital instead of in the Military, so you would become a ward assistant, taking meals to patients, assisting nurses etc. I even had workers who had to leave the job for 9 months to go and do this duty. Not one of them complained about it. Why can't the UK do something like this ? Not National Service, but long term unemployed could be given positions assisting in Hospitals or Care Homes. The UK doesn't seem to be interested to get these people back to work. Something like 30% of the UK GDP goes to pay benefits, as opposed to about 0.5% for membership of the EU. If you register unemployed in Germany they are on your case from day one finding jobs for you. "Oh, you have a car ? Here's a job for you 50 miles away. Your interview is tomorrow". They do not accept long term unemployment. You will end up on Harz IV payments, which means you won't have a penny to be buying yourself a 55 inch LCD TV and PS4 which a lot of long term unemployed in the UK seem to have no problem buying.

36Migrant crisis - they're at it again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis - they're at it again. on Sun Jan 06 2019, 12:24

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Dunkels King wrote:I was thinking of hiring a pedalo and shooting across the pond to land on a beach in Long Island. When the US Border Patrol or whoever they are called catch me, do you think they should be calling Theresa May asking her what the hell is going on ? 4 or 5 illegals landing on a beach in the UK each day is a "Crisis". Not as much of a crisis as the fact there are thousands of homeless British people that need help, thousands of former Military personnel who need help and thousands of British people relying on food banks every day. Still, it's easier to stir up more xenophobic hatred when the Brexit plan is struggling than deal with real problems.
Don't shout that too loud or Trump will want another $20b dollars to extend the wall to block off the Atlantic

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum