Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeover imminent?

+20
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
karlypants
Growler
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
DEANO82
gloswhite
Cajunboy
observer
terenceanne
wessy
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Kane57
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

31Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone could do well at rangers.

32Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 18:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc. Now that's how to run a football club.

33Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Sun Feb 03 2019, 18:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc.

I’m disappointed Glos. I feel that you have been cheating on our club!

34Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 05:57

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

According to Iles there is now a rival bid from Russia.

Last edited by DEANO82 on Mon Feb 04 2019, 07:07; edited 1 time in total

35Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 07:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now we're talking..

36Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 09:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Russian interest emerges in Bolton Wanderers takeover talks

Hopes of a swift resolution to takeover talks at Bolton Wanderers are starting to fade, The Bolton News understands.

A group led by a UK-based investor has been in advanced negotiations with owner Ken Anderson since last week, holding talks in London over the sale of his 94.5 per cent controlling stake in the club.

An outline deal had been agreed in principle, and was subject to EFL approval. The lack of progress on final details over the weekend is said to be a concern but talks are set to continue today.

It has also emerged that Anderson engaged with a second prospective buyer from Russia some weeks ago and remains in dialogue.

Anderson has made no secret of his desire to sell to the right person and has reached this advanced stage before, only for the deal to fall down.

The Wanderers owner assured supporters last month: “I am the first to admit that the club needs someone with greater financial resources than l have to take the club forward and l can assure everyone l am doing my utmost to achieve this.”

Wanderers were beaten 2-0 by Sheffield United on Saturday and now sit three points from safety in the Championship.

Assistant manager Steve Parkin admits the failure land Blades striker Ched Evans was a crushing blow on deadline day “We thought we had managed to do it,” he said.

Evans scored a winner for Fleetwood against Charlton, two days after the League One club had refused to sign paperwork releasing the 30-year-old from a loan spell.

“It doesn’t surprise me, that’s why we wanted to bring him here,” Parkin added. “The lad wanted to come and it was bitterly disappointing for us all but we have to move on from that now. It’s no good wallowing in self-pity, we have got to roll our sleeves.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles wrote wrote:A group led by a UK-based investor has been in advanced negotiations with owner Ken Anderson since last week, holding talks in London over the sale of his 94.5 per cent controlling stake in the club.

An outline deal had been agreed in principle, and was subject to EFL approval. The lack of progress on final details over the weekend is said to be a concern but talks are set to continue today.

Why am I not surprised? 
This is Anderson we're talking about. Can't wait to read him telling us how unreasonable/skint/unfit to own the club the UK consortium were.

Don't suppose we'll ever know what "final details" couldn't be agreed. I don't think you can consider price and terms of payment as "details" so what could this be a reference to I wonder?

Actually I don't wonder. It's the old mysterious second bidder trick.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

38Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 11:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson's greed coming to the fore again.

39Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad. May as well just let the club go under.

40Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 12:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Does anyone think Anderson has ever had any interest in the club except for the money he can make out of it?

41Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 13:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Talking of Anderson has anyone else seen his earlier tv appearances?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

42Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 13:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Was at the Chelsea-Huddersfield game yesterday, complete with all the hospitality, etc.

I’m disappointed Glos. I feel that you have been cheating on our club!
Not at all KP. Think of it as more a drowning man being allowed a last gasp of air !
It was great to see some really good football. Reminded me of how we used to play, sometimes, in our dim and distant past.
The whole package, hospitality, organisation, ground, seats, etc were spot on. Mind you, I haven't a clue how much such a season ticket would cost, in the thousands, as we paid not one pence for anything, including the free wine, Just £45 return on the train.
I'm looking forward to when we return to the big times, with our new owner(s), although I fear I might be dust by then  Very Happy

43Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal's off.

44Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Deal's off.
Was it ever on?

45Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#killingtheclub

46Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 16:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a statement on the club's website, Anderson wrote: "I have seen the comments both in the media and on social media which allude to the fact that I am about to sell my stake in the club to a UK consortium.
"While I'd rather not comment on media speculation of this nature I would suggest that you ignore these rumours and treat them as pure media speculation.

"Of course it is no secret that I am looking for investment but I receive many enquiries virtually every week, a great deal of which often come from time wasters and dreamers who are unable to offer any proof of funding and disappear as quickly as they arrive.

"In my experience, when people leak details of a deal they rarely occur which is probably because they weren't in a position to do a deal in the first place.

"For the record, I didn't have any meetings in London last week in connection with a sale of the club.

"My focus, along with the management and recruitment team, was solely on recruitment and fending off unwanted bids for our players. Despite media comments of fire sales, players demanding transfers and unrest amongst the players, not one player left in the January transfer window.

"I can confirm, however, that detailed discussions are taking place with an interested party but as I am sure that you will appreciate I am unable to give you details at this stage."

47Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Obviously a load of Marc Iles codswallop again. Given the BN agenda, it's pointless believing anything they write these days. I don't see any reason to blame Anderson for this latest round of fake news.

48Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In an eventful day at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stadium, a consortium fronted by a London-based investor who appeared to be on the verge of buying the club on Saturday evening claimed he had walked away from the deal completely citing a last-minute disagreement over terms.

That says a deal was agreed and Ken upped his asking price.

49Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:In an eventful day at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stadium, a consortium fronted by a London-based investor who appeared to be on the verge of buying the club on Saturday evening claimed he had walked away from the deal completely citing a last-minute disagreement over terms.

That says a deal was agreed and Ken upped his asking price.
:like:

50Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Speculation on top of speculation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum