Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Preston

+11
observer
Sluffy
RustyNail
Cajunboy
Growler
wanderlust
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 19:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The whole club is shrouded in negativity because of ownership. It starts at the top.

I've just heard from a source from the club that there isn't another consortium who wants the club .. that's s load of rubbish ..the only one was the London based one in which everything was agreed on Saturday... only for Anderson to change his mind and want more money ... the argument was over the money Anderson owes to Davis family 5million 2.75 million to Brett warburton and 3million owed to Michael James.. the consortium said well that's your debt mr Anderson not bwfcs ..

Well if that's the case after reading this in the BN comments section, we're stuck with the negativity.

32Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 19:32

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The whole club is shrouded in negativity because of ownership. It starts at the top.

I've just heard from a source from the club that there isn't another consortium who wants the club .. that's s load of rubbish ..the only one was the London based one in which everything was agreed on Saturday... only for Anderson to change his mind and want more money ... the argument was over the money Anderson owes to Davis family 5million 2.75 million to Brett warburton and 3million owed to Michael James.. the consortium said well that's your debt mr Anderson not bwfcs ..

Well if that's the case after reading this in the BN comments section, we're stuck with the negativity.
And this surprises you because... ???????    If he can't sell, we will go into administration... either way it's League One next season... and this club should be mid-table looking how well we played in the first month.  Dump Parky and let the tea lady manage... could not be worse... well we could pass Ipswich I suppose.

33Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 19:45

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

And its been shrouded in negativity since after refusing to back Allardyce's dream of Champions League football, Eddie brought in Megson with the target of finishing 4th bottom.

34Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 21:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another bad performance today and the 1st half was one of the worst i've seen for a long while. Preston looked liked Brazil against us as they could actually string more then 3 passes together, it could have been 2 or 3 nil by half time. 
Second half was no better and again Parky has no clue on how to change a game. He thinks being 1-0 down is still being in the game and does nothing tactically until its too late. As soon as the second goal went in the ground emptied.

Parky has to try something new, try a 442 or 352, what harm can it do? We are going down anyway. The absence of Oztumer is ridiculous as well. 

In an ideal world i would get rid of Parky now but with the club in turmoil it won't happen. Parky will take us down with a whimper and will drive even more fans away with this hopeless hoofball.

35Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers v Preston North End

Bolton Wanderers suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Preston North End in the Sky Bet Championship at the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturd

Team News

Phil Parkinson made four changes to his starting eleven that went up against Sheffield United in the Sky Bet Championship.

Andrew Taylor and Jack Hobbs missed out through injury, with Marc Wilson and Jonathan Grounds coming in to replace them.

Furthermore, Josh Vela and Clayton Donaldson dropped out for Craig Noone and Josh Magennis.

First Half

Magennis had the first chance of the game, as a Gary O’Neil floated delivery into the area was nodded towards goal by the Northern Irishman but saved comfortably by Declan Rudd.

The target man was at it again mere minutes after, with a curling effort from outside the North End area sailing wide of the mark.

The Lilywhites responded through Alan Browne, as the midfielder struck an effort on the half volley that never troubled Matthews in the Wanderers goal.

Following a defensive mix up at the back by Wanderers, Barkhuizen intercepted a misplaced pass by David Wheater and lashed an effort across goal and wide of the far post.

Shortly after the 20 minute mark and Barkhuizen broke into space for Alex Neil’s men, powering through the middle of the Trotters half and tried to angle the ball into the bottom corner but dragged his effort wide.

As the clash hit the half hour point, O’Neil produced a tantalising corner kick into the six yard area for Marc Wilson to latch onto, but the defender’s aerial attempt flew over the bar.

Eight minutes before the interval as a shot on the Wanderers goal had Matthews beaten with a deflection but Wilson came in to clear the ball off the line in a last ditch attempt.

Soon after, Preston had the lead as Alan Browne found space in the right side of the box and hit the back of the net with a low right footed strike into the corner.

Almost immediately after play resumed and Maguire almost managed to tap the ball past Matthews at his near post, but the goalkeeper stood firm and saved well with his foot.

Second Half

Ten minutes into the second period and Alan Browne played a menacing ball across the face of the Whites goal, but Wilson was on hand to avert the danger with a sliding clearance.

Paul Gallagher came close to doubling Preston’s lead soon after, with an effort across goal just inches away from finding the net.

With 67 minutes on the clock, Preston caught the Whites on the counter attack as Brad Potts steamed through on goal, one on one with Matthews.

The midfielder fired at goal, but was denied by the post from getting North End’s second of the game.

North End made it two with eight minutes left of regulation play, as Barkhuizen was played through with only Matthews to beat, and crept the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper and into the back of the Wanderers goal.

Wanderers responded with a chance soon after, as an O’Neil corner found the head of Wheater who couldn’t get his effort past the mixture of bodies in the area.

Preston broke away with three minutes to go, with Nmecha getting away an effort on goal that Matthews saved well through rushing out to the striker.

The Whites managed to pull one back through Clayton Donaldson, as the forward latched onto a Magennis knock down and dispatched from close range past Rudd.

Magennis nearly had the equaliser in added time of this clash, as a header from point blank range off a deflected cross saw Rudd make a magnificent save to tip it over his crossbar.

However, it wasn’t enough as the visiting side took the three points at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Matthews, Lowe, Ameobi, Noone (Pritchard 77), Connolly, Wilson, O’Neil, Magennis, Grounds (Donaldson 62), Wheater (C), Connell (Vela 23).

Unused substitutes: Alnwick, Buckley, Olkowski, Dyer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

36Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 21:27

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:

Well the consortium would be wrong, all the debt is BWFC's none of it is Ken Andersons.

37Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 22:21

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another pathetic horror show today. The latest in a long sequence of horror shows. The worst thing by far though is I can't actually bring myself to care that much any more. I dread home matches coming around and drag myself down to the game out of a sense of duty and the fact that I have already shelled out for a season ticket. When we play away I can't be arsed watching soccer Saturday to see how we are doing and its sometimes early evening before I remember to look for the result, though obviously we have lost, it's just by how many. A couple of months ago, although we were obviously shit at least you could still always just hope, hope that somehow things may take a turn for the better. Parky's fuckwittery has extinguished any last vestiges of that particular commodity.

38Bolton 1-2 Preston - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Feb 09 2019, 23:00

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well at the least it has saved Nat from writing her wonderful BEL columns (which I truly miss).  She can thank Parky for that.  He really should have been gone in November, if not before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum