Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VII

+12
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
Angry Dad
y2johnny
boltonbonce
karlypants
okocha
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how dare you! I'm not that old and creepy  Very Happy

I'm more of a cross between these two.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VII - Page 48 PRI_83356335-e1580221269266

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VII - Page 48 Nty3jbpmulnhxgvsjrfwb

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You fare better than Nat. She's Edith Sitwell all day long. Mind you, Edith was a virgin until her death.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VII - Page 48 Article-0-00C4FEA9000004B0-438_468x578

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I just read Edith Sitwells Wiki.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I just read Edith Sitwells Wiki.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought I hadnt heard of her before. Reading that poem I have a feeling I have read the poem before.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I thought I hadnt heard of her before. Reading that poem I have a feeling I have read the poem before.
You should check out the whole Sitwell family. They were all rather odd.
Edith met Marilyn Monroe, and was quite taken with her.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
You should check out the whole Sitwell family. They were all rather odd.
Edith met Marilyn Monroe, and was quite taken with her.
It was difficult enough to understand her Wiki.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
It was difficult enough to understand her Wiki.
Try this then.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That was absolutely fascinating. What a character, what an interesting person. This type of person is getting rare now. People talked properly in those days.
I had a different image of her from her Wiki than I do from this interview. She reminded me, from her eyebrows and eyes, of Elizabeth 1st. Her eyes showed a vast intelligence.
Those huge rings were the fashion of that era. It would have been nice to have that interview filmed in colour.
I do find interesting people fascinating.
RIP to her.
Thanks for that link, I really enjoyed listening to her.
What do you think of her yourself?

I found it amusing, at the beginning, her use of words, where when asked about her wearing fashion, that ` people might doubt the almighty ` if she was seen like that.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The whole family were remarkable. I've heard so many outrageous stories about them that it's sometimes hard to see the wood for the trees. In that interview she comes across as quite affable and I'd be hard put to dislike her.
The Oldham born composer William Walton was very pally with the Sitwell clan from the twenties onwards, and they had a strong influence on him. You might enjoy this if you like interesting characters.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I shall have to pick through that one a bit. I dont like to rush. Whenever one becomes involved with watching and reading about people like these, ones intelligence always rises. It is good for you.
From his Wiki

Sitwell invited him to lodge in London with him and his literary brother and sister, Osbert and Edith. Walton took up residence in the attic of their house in Chelsea, later recalling, "I went for a few weeks and stayed about fifteen years".

Wow, there is a photo of Edith Sitwell on there in a wonderful Artistic style dress. Very Classy!

Last edited by sunlight on Tue Jul 21 2020, 20:03; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I shall have to pick through that one a bit. I dont like to rush. Whenever one becomes involved with watching and reading about people like these, ones intelligence always rises. It is good for you.
From his Wiki

Sitwell invited him to lodge in London with him and his literary brother and sister, Osbert and Edith. Walton took up residence in the attic of their house in Chelsea, later recalling, "I went for a few weeks and stayed about fifteen years".
It's a quality documentary. Back when they made good TV.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wow, there is a photo of Edith Sitwell on there in a wonderful Artistic style dress. Very Classy!
22 minutes 30 seconds into it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Wow, there is a photo of Edith Sitwell on there in a wonderful Artistic style dress. Very Classy!
22 minutes 30 seconds into it.
There's something other-worldly about her.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just received an email headed 'Will you help fund an exhausted bullock's retirement'?

I'll certainly do what I can. Shocked

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After a free trial I have gone with Bitdefender as you advised.  Everything  seems fine so far.

Dutch Decoy could be out for a  quick follow up on Sunday.

I'll let you know where and when, when I  hear the time and place.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:After a free trial I have gone with Bitdefender as you advised.  Everything  seems fine so far.

Dutch Decoy could be out for a  quick follow up on Sunday.

I'll let you know where and when, when I  hear the time and place.
Cheers mate. You won't go far wrong with Bitdefender. Make sure you're not down for auto renewal after 12 months, it'll give you the option to try somewhere else if you fancy a change.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CHEERS.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ive had a tenner in my purse since late february and still havent spent it. I dont know whats happened, its all very Kafkaesque.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Ive had a tenner in my purse since late february and still havent spent it. I dont know whats happened, its all very Kafkaesque.
Don't get me started on purses. They're fine for women, but I used to work with a bloke who carried one. Not a good look when fumbling at the checkout.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum