Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 52]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Genuine question Hipster....do you support Bolton?

I do. Not with so much passion as i used to have granted.
You described us as 'tin pot'. Unacceptable.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sometimes we have to face facts.

Just like when i look in the mirror. I have to accept what i see, even if I'd rather not.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sometimes we have to face facts.

Just like when i look in the mirror. I have to accept what i see, even if I'd rather not.
When I look in the mirror, I see the next James Bond.

Everyone else seems to see Clive Dunn. scratch

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did the mirror crack?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Did the mirror crack?
I'm not Nat.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Did the mirror crack?
I'm not Nat.

Very Happy

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton aren't a tinpot club, we are the 3rd biggest of the Manchester conurbation and bigger than all the Lancashire town clubs in my opinion.The Wilmslow lad said to be buying us couldn't afford either of the Manchester clubs and no doubt fancies a bigger club than the more local Stockport, Macclesfield and Crewe.

First impressions are that this consortium could be a good thing.They won't have the money to  buy us a place in the Premier League but if they sell £11 million worth of players I think they have enough finances to spend £11 million on new signings rather than the 200k Ken spent.

In the summer i would fancy them to spend enough money to be promoted from Div 3.They won't be rich enough to throw £50 million at a Championship title cake walk but the finances will be there to back someone like Allardyce, Greaves or Rioch to take us up.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Magic147 - 46 mins ago

In conclusion, Anderson and Co did save the club from becoming extinct, he did trim the wage and other various bills which was neccessary, he did build a brilliant training facilty with the new dome, he did keep the academy at category 2 status and one of, if not THE best in the football league, he brought in Parky who got us promoted at the first time of asking and then kept us up...JUST...the following season. He has been more vocal than the previous owners with his notes. He's brought in events to the stadium to add revenue, to be fair he's done a lot. He has admitted its time to sell on and yes he has upset a lot of supporters and staff with his methods but you cant deny he's leaving the club in a much better condition than what he started with. Fair play to him, he is a bussiness man after all. But i do truly believe he's done good. Its hard to think that after the turmoil in recent months but at least we still have a club to support. Ken thankyou! However as you admit yourself its time to sell on to someone with more finances and take this magnificent club back to where it belongs! Football is all about money these days so hopefully its the start of something very positive! COME ON YOU WHITES!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:Bolton aren't a tinpot club, we are the 3rd biggest of the Manchester conurbation and bigger than all the Lancashire town clubs in my opinion.The Wilmslow lad said to be buying us couldn't afford either of the Manchester clubs and no doubt fancies a bigger club than the more local Stockport, Macclesfield and Crewe.

First impressions are that this consortium could be a good thing.They won't have the money to  buy us a place in the Premier League but if they sell £11 million worth of players I think they have enough finances to spend £11 million on new signings rather than the 200k Ken spent.

In the summer i would fancy them to spend enough money to be promoted from Div 3.They won't be rich enough to throw £50 million at a Championship title cake walk but the finances will be there to back someone like Allardyce, Greaves or Rioch to take us up.

A genuine question - I'm not trying to point score or anything - what do you think is in it for this consortium if it isn't to get to the Premier within three years?

I say three years because under FFP the owner cannot put more money into the club than it generates in revenue within a three year period.

If they bought the club tomorrow they will still have to find £3 million in wages just to get to the end of this season (£600k x 5 months).

Next season we will start it in the third tier unless something drastic happens between now and seasons end.  So you are looking at a comparable wage bill to help get us promoted first time - say £500k per month x 12 months = £6 million.

Do we have money to sign anyone?  Say we do - another £3 million say?

So just to get us from now until the end of next season will cost them something like £27 million to buy the club, plus £3 million this years wages plus £3 million transfer budget for next season (let say the club breaks even next year so the players wages are covered by revenue).

So they are down £33 million and are a year and a half in - and haven't made a single penny profit yet - all just to be back at the Championship level.

Are they then going to throw the equivalent of the kitchen sink in financial terms to go for instant promotion?  Otherwise they will be £33 million plus anything else they spend on transfers - and still be no better off?

The financial model simply doesn't make any sense to me?

How do you believe the finances will work out over the next two or three seasons because without hitting the jackpot and getting to the Premier League in that time span I just can't see it working in a football sense financially?

What happens if we don't bonce back straight up again next season for instance?

Why would these people want to throw money into the club?

I just don't see it?

I could see Anderson wanting to turn the club around and make a profit - but I just can't see what is in it for this consortium?

Aside from this lot not being billionaires, nobody (even sluffy) knows how wealthy this group is. We’ll probably only find out once we get to the summer transfer window, so trying to predict how long tbey’ll accept losing money for is difficult.

I’ve read this is the Warburton bid? Is that right? At least if that is the case there’s someone on board who knows this league (and the one below), and will surely have counselled the group on just how much would need to change to get this club to the premier league.

Anyway, the club was dead under Anderson we’d ceased to operate, so something had to change. Let’s hope this is positive at last.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm cautiously optimistic, they may not be billionaires but from what i've read they will know how to run a club properly. I'll take a few years of stability over what we've had for the last few.

I still think we will go down but if all the debts are wiped out it gives us a fighting chance to get straight back up like last time. I remember other teams moaning about our budget and wages last time in league 1 and we were living hand to mouth then as well.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy,

This £27million figure. Where do you get that from? I'd like to see something official about that and not just someone's guess- even if he is itk. Which he isn't.
If they take on the debt I'd be surprised if it was even half that amount. I would guess its nearer the £10million which Anderson would accept just to get out and cut his potential future losses.

Lets see some evidence of it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're going to be discussed at some time this morning on the Jim White show on TalkSport, from 10am.
Along with Coventry City, another club in trouble.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic, they may not be billionaires but from what i've read they will know how to run a club properly. I'll take a few years of stability over what we've had for the last few.

I still think we will go down but if all the debts are wiped out it gives us a fighting chance to get straight back up like last time. I remember other teams moaning about our budget and wages last time in league 1 and we were living hand to mouth then as well.

As sluffy said if we don't get instant success the debt will just build up again as there are no revenue streams in league one.

These people don't have the capital and will be seeking a way out in 3-5 years if we're not in the prem.

But at least we got rid of Anderson.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of pessimistic bellends on here who think they know everything. Shame most of them haven't been to the Reebok this century, because that's what it's all about for me.

I don't give a shit about off the pitch, it's what happens on Saturday afternoon that matters to me. And if these new owners come in, get rid of Parky and install someone with a bit of nous, I'll be happy.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:A lot of pessimistic bellends on here who think they know everything. Shame most of them haven't been to the Reebok this century, because that's what it's all about for me.

I don't give a shit about off the pitch, it's what happens on Saturday afternoon that matters to me. And if these new owners come in, get rid of Parky and install someone with a bit of nous, I'll be happy.

David Weir ha

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish we could get Dougie back.

He was such a lovely man. Treated like crap by our fans.  :dougie:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So many unknowns with this potential buyer, but I thought I read somewhere that the main guy runs an investment company so depending on share allocation does that not leave the door open for future investors to come in at any point in time? I might be barking up the wrong tree with this, but it's a thought. 
I think Sluffy makes a fair point about the need to turn the business around so that it stops making losses - which were predictably inevitable under Anderson - so what's different? 
To make the business profitable surely the only options are austerity - and we've had our share of that already so it's difficult to see what else could be pared back - or investment to try to get back to the Premiership where the pot of gold resides?
I presume these people have a plan and have seen an opportunity and given that we're already down to the bones, investment seems the likelier of the two. 
The elephant in the room however is the prestige of owning  football club scenario where they are buying in for the wrong reasons as Anderson did and if that turns out to be the case we could be continuing down the road to ruin, but hopefully these guys have more sense than that.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I wish we could get Dougie back.

He was such a lovely man. Treated like crap by our fans.  :dougie:
 I hated him more than Mugson and that's saying something, he was an arrogant prick.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote: I hated him more than Mugson and that's saying something, he was an arrogant prick.
The fact he never got a chance at management after us tells it's own story, what a tosser he really was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum