Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 52]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
BOLTON. Now I didn’t see this coming. But there IS a genuine rival bidder. And they think they can nick in ahead of The Basran Boys. More follows when details available. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
BOLTON. Now I didn’t see this coming. But there IS a genuine rival bidder. And they think they can nick in ahead of The Basran Boys. More follows when details available. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Nick it"" - from people who have apparently already walked away?

Bidder is great news "in principle" but it depends on who it is and whether or not they've seen the accounts.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:We're getting a mention on TalkSport again this morning. (Jim White 10-1pm)
Apparently Anderson was in no mood to speak to White last night.
I'll give it a listen, but I can't see we'll learn much.
And did you learn anything from it Dave?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:We're getting a mention on TalkSport again this morning. (Jim White 10-1pm)
Not a thing. Never thought I would.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Not a thing. Never thought I would.
Jim White never knows anything.

I wasted an hour of my life listening to the boring twat this morning.

I already knew more than he did.

He just likes the sound of his own voice, like the other idiots on Talksport.

Should be called TALKBOLLOCKS!!!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm going off at a tangent slightly but today Wolves published their accounts for last season when they got promoted to the Premier (and the Sky money) which showed a loss of £57 million (or in simple terns £1 million per week!).

The year before that they lost £23 million (or half a million per week).

The reason I post this comes back to my point as to what could the reason be for anyone wanting to buy us?

If it is to get to the Premier, then some serious money needs to be spent doing it - and even then it isn't guaranteed to happen.

I just can't get my head around why anyone wants to buy us as a football club - unless they have millions to piss away?

Either that or as some sort of property type developer?

Anyway link to Wolves accounts -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Should be called TALKBOLLOCKS!
It's even worse when Simon Jordan is on.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting one.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I'm going off at a tangent slightly but today Wolves published their accounts for last season when they got promoted to the Premier (and the Sky money) which showed a loss of £57 million (or in simple terns £1 million per week!).

The reason I post this comes back to my point as to what could the reason be for anyone wanting to buy us?

If it is to get to the Premier, then some serious money needs to be spent doing it - and even then it isn't guaranteed to happen.

I just can't get my head around why anyone wants to buy us as a football club - unless they have millions to piss away?

Looking at the losses, you could say that about any football club. Why do people want to invest in Wigan? Bury or Oldham? They have traditionally less crowds than Bolton.

The game itself is run on massive debt. Not one of those clubs coming down from the premiership could survive after 3 years if they don't go straight back up.

Looking at the spatial framework, there's going to be more houses in Bolton, Bury and Wigan so where are they going to watch football?

Old Trafford or City of Manchester stadium, perhaps? But you're going further and further back to the point where you're better staying at home watching it o. TV.  It's £40 quid to get into Old Trafford I believe, so it's more expensive than coming to Bolton. The TV subscriptions are going up all the time. This could make Bolton very attractive.

Population wise Greater Manchester has 2.756 million people living in it and really only two big teams within it. Compare that with West Midlands 4 big teams, and inner London 4 big teams and the aim of QPR being number 5.

On those figures alone there is potential in Greater Manchester for at least one more big team, if someone can get it right.

So why does someone want to invest in BWFC?, because there's massive potential if you run the club right.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I'm going off at a tangent slightly but today Wolves published their accounts for last season when they got promoted to the Premier (and the Sky money) which showed a loss of £57 million (or in simple terns £1 million per week!).

Looking at the losses, you could say that about any football club. Why do people want to invest in Wigan? Bury or Oldham? They have traditionally less crowds than Bolton.

The game itself is run on massive debt. Not one of those clubs coming down from the premiership could survive after 3 years if they don't go straight back up.

Looking at the spatial framework, there's going to be more houses in Bolton, Bury and Wigan so where are they going to watch football?

Old Trafford or City of Manchester stadium, perhaps? But you're going further and further back to the point where you're better staying at home watching it o. TV.  It's £40 quid to get into Old Trafford I believe, so it's more expensive than coming to Bolton. The TV subscriptions are going up all the time. This could make Bolton very attractive.

Population wise Greater Manchester has 2.756 million people living in it and really only two big teams within it. Compare that with West Midlands 4 big teams, and inner London 4 big teams and the aim of QPR being number 5.

On those figures alone there is potential in Greater Manchester for at least one more big team, if someone can get it right.

So why does someone want to invest in BWFC?, because there's massive potential if you run the club right.

If that was the case where have all these potential investors been for the last seven or eight years been since Eddie was trying sell the club, long before he pulled the plug on it?

How come only Holdsworth and Disley were the only buyers for the club for a pound?

Why isn't Anderson beating off all these potential investors out there off with a stick.

Why didn't all these alleged buyers who could deal with Anderson and walked away simply not pay him what he wanted if there's so much to be made out of running the club right?

Unless they have loads of money to risk pissing it away if they don't succeed then I can't see the benefit to buy a club and run it at a loss on the off chance they get lucky and promoted to the Premier some how.

Clearly there was/is silly money behind Wolves and that is the level that clubs need to be if they want to get promoted from the Championship.

Maybe this Kenyon interest is our golden ticket but it seems more likely that it's just a ploy to get Ashley and Newcastle to play ball with them.

Hope I'm wrong though.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is an interesting read.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

@reluctantnicko
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More

Alan Nixon Retweeted Alex Ward
One way or another I think there’s a new owner by end of week. But what happens between now and then going to be quite a watch.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:

If that was the case where have all these potential investors been for the last seven or eight years been since Eddie was trying sell the club, long before he pulled the plug on it?

How come only Holdsworth and Disley were the only buyers for the club for a pound?

Why isn't Anderson beating off all these potential investors out there off with a stick.

Why didn't all these alleged buyers who could deal with Anderson and walked away simply not pay him what he wanted if there's so much to be made out of running the club right?

Unless they have loads of money to risk pissing it away if they don't succeed then I can't see the benefit to buy a club and run it at a loss on the off chance they get lucky and promoted to the Premier some how.

Clearly there was/is silly money behind Wolves and that is the level that clubs need to be if they want to get promoted from the Championship.

Maybe this Kenyon interest is our golden ticket but it seems more likely that it's just a ploy to get Ashley and Newcastle to play ball with them.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Surely the reason why the investors aren't banging the down was, firstly the £176 million debt,  and the £30 million debt with huge cashflow problems ( greater than the debt problems really)

The increase in housing is only just happening, but the potential is there if someone gets it right, otherwise, why invest in Wigan and why bother with Bury? You've not answered about those clubs.

No, I didn't say it was easy, but I will take an optimistic view right now as it's important for all supporters to be positive about the football club right now. There's plenty of people who can knock it, who support other teams.

The potential can only be brought out with a good business plan and help from the council. The town is dieing as well. The council really can't afford to lose the football club.

It’s not possible to make money in the Chamoionship and challenge. Any owner is only interested in breaking into the Premier League, which is increasingly competitive - hence why nobody wants to buy us.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:Looking at the losses, you could say that about any football club. Why do people want to invest in Wigan? Bury or Oldham? They have traditionally less crowds than Bolton.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Surely the reason why the investors aren't banging the down was, firstly the £176 million debt,  and the £30 million debt with huge cashflow problems ( greater than the debt problems really)

The increase in housing is only just happening, but the potential is there if someone gets it right, otherwise, why invest in Wigan and why bother with Bury? You've not answered about those clubs.

No, I didn't say it was easy, but I will take an optimistic view right now as it's important for all supporters to be positive about the football club right now. There's plenty of people who can knock it, who support other teams.

The potential can only be brought out with a good business plan and help from the council. The town is dieing as well. The council really can't afford to lose the football club.

Bury and Wigan had a fraction of our debt (and more killingly, our running costs for the last three years thanks to the stupid wages and contract lengths of players left - thanks to Gartside) - and thus were vastly more desirable and saleable in the last three years.

I can't imagine any normal sort of businessman seeing guaranteed short term profit for their investment BUT someone who has money to burn of the likes that Kenyon rubs shoulders with might see us as a punt worth taking.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:Looking at the losses, you could say that about any football club. Why do people want to invest in Wigan? Bury or Oldham? They have traditionally less crowds than Bolton.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Bury and Wigan had a fraction of our debt (and more killingly, our running costs for the last three years thanks to the stupid wages and contract lengths of players left - thanks to Gartside) - and thus were vastly more desirable and saleable in the last three years.

I can't imagine any normal sort of businessman seeing guaranteed short term profit for their investment BUT someone who has money to burn of the likes that Kenyon rubs shoulders with might see us as a punt worth taking.

Fingers crossed anyway.
Had a fraction of our debt, but less punters coming in and Bury didn't have premiership millions, andand w given £10,000 by Gartside to keep it going when it was struggling. Can't see Bury helping us out. 

We were given the 'llie' hat ED would pay it all off and that didn't happen. ED tried to sell the club with £176 million worth of debt instead of wiping the debt then selling it.

As I say I think there is a certain amount of potential but it'll take someone with a few brains.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why did Wolves get such a big investment then?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big club with a good fan base?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum