Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LETTER: Wanderers fans should thank Ken Anderson for saving club

+2
rammywhite
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson saved the Wanderers.

He obviously did not have the resources to do what we would have liked him to do, but we probably would not have a club now if he had not stepped in.

He reduced costs to keep the club in business and now is the time for him to move on.

But we should thank him for what he has done.

Onwards and, hopefully, now upwards.

Allan Lever

Catral

Spain

Source

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Ken Anderson saved the Wanderers.

He obviously did not have the resources to do what we would have liked him to do, but we probably would not have a club now if he had not stepped in.

He reduced costs to keep the club in business and now is the time for him to move on.

Allan Lever

Catral

Spain

Source

There's a kernel of truth in all this back slapping for Anderson, but the guy is still deeply unsavoury with a penchant for lying about everything. I suppose he's a bit like politicians where there are 'alternative' truths about everything. He's not gone yet so we might have to put up with him a bit longer, but like most people I think the sooner he's gone the sooner we can begin to rise from the gutter where he's placed us and begin to show that we're an honourable club again. Proof about his attitude can be see in the Christian Doidge affair

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Allan Lever

Catral

Spain

Source

There's a kernel of truth in all this back slapping for Anderson, but the guy is still deeply unsavoury with a penchant for lying about everything. I suppose he's a bit like politicians where there are 'alternative' truths about everything. He's not gone yet so we might have to put up with him a bit longer, but like most people I think the sooner he's gone the sooner we can begin to rise from the gutter where he's placed us and begin to show that we're an honourable club again. Proof about his attitude can be see in the Christian Doidge affair
He hasn't actually saved us and we are yet to see the accounts.
I reckon Allan Lever suffers from premature adulation.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:

Allan Lever

Catral

Spain

Source

Genuine question, what is different between the Christian Doidge affair and the Remi Matthews one?

Two players brought in on loan with an intent to be made permanent in the January transfer window.

Both 'football creditor' transactions - and thus both with a guarantee of payment - although as we all know that was only done at the last possible minute.

Both FGR and Norwich were not paid during the loan period BUT were guaranteed to be sorted out from the January EFL staged payment.

Both players went back to their home clubs - Matthews from the time it became apparent he wasn't able to be registered in the FA Cup game - however Doidge apparently was allowed to stay by Vince the FGR owner who was reportedly 'relaxed' about things.

The next thing we knew Vince had gone public making a song and dance about Anderson, Doidge hooked back to FGR and (now for the strange bit of the tale) Vince decided to raise money for Bolton's Supporters Trust???

The EFL money arrived a week later - both FGR and Norwich were financially sorted and Matthews signed for us whilst Vince had drawn a line preventing Doidge from doing so (I wonder if it will ever come out if Doidge DID want to sign for us - Vince himself said his salary with us was much higher than that being paid by him at FGR?).

So almost identical circumstances with Doidge and Matthews - apart from Vince making a spectacle - yet Matthews signed happily enough and Doidge (I suspect - just my opinion) wasn't allowed to, or otherwise he would have also.

The difficulty of paying wages in November and December and the Winding up petitions in January before the EFL payment - all suggest there was no money in the bank to pay people (including the clubs loaning players to us) so why is the Doidge affair a big issue - the Matthews affair certainly wasn't for Norwich and the player - and that's why he's with us and playing - whilst Doidge is back in the fourth tier eating veggie burgers?

Isn’t it obvious? The fee for Doidge was massive for a club of FGR’s size. The fee for Matthews a pittance to Norwich, who also had no desire to keep him on.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Allan Lever

Catral

Spain

Source

He hasn't actually saved us and we are yet to see the accounts.
I reckon Allan Lever suffers from premature adulation.
Brilliant verbiage Lusty!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Isn’t it obvious? The fee for Doidge was massive for a club of FGR’s size. The fee for Matthews a pittance to Norwich, who also had no desire to keep him on.

Not obvious to me, no.

The fee would come under the heading of a footballer creditor - and as such is guaranteed to have been paid - out of the future EFL payments to BWFC if necessary.

FGR would certainly not have lost out.

FGR can NOT sell on Doidge this season as he already has played for two teams - and so at best can only be sold again in the summer.

Doidge had performed very poorly at Championship level (1 goal in something like 22 appearances iirc?) so very unlikely FGR/Vince will get the same for him from another club.

So FGR misses out on a 'massive' fee for Doidge, I would think Doidge personally misses out on a much bigger wage for the next two seasons - and I guess the only ones that benefit is BWFC who have in effect saved a potential million (plus wages) on what seems like a player unable to make the step up to Championship level.

The irony seems to me that by opening his mouth (and I am firmly of the opinion that the ST pulled his chain in some way) that Vince fucked himself more by making such a spectacle, rather than fucking Anderson, as no doubt he (and the ST) had intended.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Did the ST ever thank Vince for any contribution made and did any of the ST go to their ground for dinner and possibly other goodies. Mischievous little bastard lurking somewhere.

Oh god, now the Doidge controversy was orchestrated by the ST. Nobody is safe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum