Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING: DEALS OFF

+13
BoltonTillIDie
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Jack Russell
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 06:27

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t think the point I’m making is complex. He could pay HMRC if he wanted to, then be free to pay anyone he wants. The notion his hands are tied is nonsense, he’s tied them himself.

He’s chosen not to put another penny in and we’ll pay the price for that. If he thought he could run a Championship club and make a profit he’s incredibly naive.

Having run up the bills under his tenure I’d expect him to pay them, as I would any business owner - and as he promised the EFL. If you think he’s undeserving of vitriol given the state he’s left the club in you’re on another planet.

How can he pay HMRC if, 1. The club doesn't have enough money, and 2. He doesn't have enough personal money ? The fact is that the money generated by our Club and Hotel does not cover the money needed to operate it all. I imagine that is the reason the Ed Davies had to keep pumping money in before. No one likes this situation, but the reality is that the Club could have been liquidated at the time Ed threw the towel in. We got a few more years and may still survive. I'm no fan of Ken but it seems clear to me that at the start he was royally stitched up by Deano with this BluMarble loan (not forgetting that one million of it didn't end up in the club) and he has been on the back foot since then. It's not helped either with the Embargo we suffered and the fact that we have a squad and manager that are fucking useless.

62BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 08:10

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Lot to read there, but essentially there’s no argument you’ve posed that disproves what we know:

1. Harvey’s assurances the club had enough money must have come from Anderson.
2. Anderson was (at best) naive to think he could run the club at a profit.
3. Anderson could (in spite of your earlier post) unfreeze the clubs accounts should he wish to.

I wasn't attempting to argue, just state alternatives you simply don't wish to consider namely -

1 - Harvey may well have been telling the truth but circumstances could have changed due to the accounts being frozen to permit them to happen.
2 - Anderson had in my opinion, no intent of running the club, merely to turn it around and sell it as quickly as he could and probably within a season at the most if he could but the unfolding events from day one with the reveal that Holdsworth had not put any new money into the club scuppered that plan and led to at least a two year stay for him whilst he bought out Holdsworth and sorted out the disastrous BluMarble loan.
3 - Anderson may wish to do lots of things but needlessly pouring his family's life savings into a black hole of a football club that has running costs significantly higher than annual turnover would understandably be low on his list of things to do.

Fair enough, these are certainly possibilities too I’ve no issue with that.

I’ll ignore the second half of your post which is pretty ridiculous, don’t start the everyone’s a fantasist but you thing again please.

63BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 09:03

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's clear to anyone with even a modicum of business acumen that Ken Anderson was never in this for the long haul. He intended simply to balance the books in partnership with Dean Holdsworth then sell the club on for whatever profit he could make. I for one would not have begrudged him a penny of that profit had it gone that way. However with BluMarble's franly usurious interest rate and Dean's 'consultancy fee' it left hm in a very deep hole from day one.

Even then Ken might have got out from under had he found a serious buyer quickly but the two that had the money didn't like what they saw in due diligence so pulled out and the rumour is that there were several interested parties but none of them had the funds (or were unwilling to prove they did) so Ken was left holding the bag so to speak.

Certainly he hasn't helped himself in a PR or moral sense but I'm going to repeat my earlier question. If you were taking the kind of hammering he's had from the media, the fans and all sorts of buffoons like Bassini and everyone wanted you out would you use your own personal money to keep things running? Especially when you know you aren't ever likely to get more than a fraction of it back?

Chairmen today are NOT football fans for the most part. They're businessmen and when a football club is losing money every week like ours there comes a point where any businessman is going to say "This thing's a loser so I'm only going to put in what I'm legally obliged to put in."

Lest we forget, Ed Davies did exactly that and if you want to blame someone for the current mess perhaps we should ask what he and Phil Gartside did to prove Dean in particular had the money he said he had. Or is it possible they didn't care and just wanted out now we were no longer in the top flight or getting parachute payments?

In a nutshell, that's exactly the way I see how things panned out. People need to look past Ken Anderson. Dean Holdsworth and his 5(4) million BluMarble loan is probably the real reason we are where we are now.

64BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 10:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:If you were to be prepared to make your love ones suffer and your children's future taken away from them  just to honour your conviction over a matter of principle and morals, to a group of people who had other provision to be paid their tens of thousands in full anyway, then you are far better man than I.

Or a fantasist who has no idea of realism and almost certainly someone who is childless, as no father would needlessly harm their own kids and their future (unless they are a sicko to start off with).

I'm no longer playing your never ending game of argument for argument sake, so feel free to have whatever pop you want to have at me as I am no longer going to bite.

Dear me.

65BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 14:17

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dunkels King wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's clear to anyone with even a modicum of business acumen that Ken Anderson was never in this for the long haul. He intended simply to balance the books in partnership with Dean Holdsworth then sell the club on for whatever profit he could make. I for one would not have begrudged him a penny of that profit had it gone that way. However with BluMarble's franly usurious interest rate and Dean's 'consultancy fee' it left hm in a very deep hole from day one.

Even then Ken might have got out from under had he found a serious buyer quickly but the two that had the money didn't like what they saw in due diligence so pulled out and the rumour is that there were several interested parties but none of them had the funds (or were unwilling to prove they did) so Ken was left holding the bag so to speak.

Certainly he hasn't helped himself in a PR or moral sense but I'm going to repeat my earlier question. If you were taking the kind of hammering he's had from the media, the fans and all sorts of buffoons like Bassini and everyone wanted you out would you use your own personal money to keep things running? Especially when you know you aren't ever likely to get more than a fraction of it back?

Chairmen today are NOT football fans for the most part. They're businessmen and when a football club is losing money every week like ours there comes a point where any businessman is going to say "This thing's a loser so I'm only going to put in what I'm legally obliged to put in."

Lest we forget, Ed Davies did exactly that and if you want to blame someone for the current mess perhaps we should ask what he and Phil Gartside did to prove Dean in particular had the money he said he had. Or is it possible they didn't care and just wanted out now we were no longer in the top flight or getting parachute payments?

In a nutshell, that's exactly the way I see how things panned out. People need to look past Ken Anderson. Dean Holdsworth and his 5(4) million BluMarble loan is probably the real reason we are where we are now.
Phil Gartside had left this earth by the time Dean Holdsworth was trying to buy the club. Other than that I agree with the direction of the debate and the points made.

I think you have to go back to when we moved ground. We moved to a ground we couldn't afford. Eddie Davies Bailed us out, however it was his careless lack of involvement that has added to the mess. No business plan for the club, which meant we didn't move forward. Phil Gartside seem to just chaulk up debt. 

Sure ED wiped most of the debt but the players were already on long contracts and a refusal to go into admin 3 years ago has now cost us. 

ED also brought in Trevor Birch who rapidly sold both training facilities and the carpark, meaning if we go into admin we haven't much to sell.

Also bad decisions on the playing side as too many over 30s have come in and we can't sell.

Bad decisions all round.

66BREAKING: DEALS OFF - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: DEALS OFF Sun May 05 2019, 16:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum