Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.

+15
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
okocha
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
sunlight
Buellix
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Who will you vote for.

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap45%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 45% [ 9 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 25% [ 5 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:There is plenty of evidence but you choose to ignore it. Which of course is entirely typical of brexit fans.

Last time I asked you to provide me concrete proof that only educated people voted to remain you linked me to a newspaper article!

There is no proof. You've just decided that's what happened and now it's fact in your world.

As you well know I never said "only educated people voted to remain" or anything like that. The link I provided was to the YouGov site which you would have realised if you had bothered to look at it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=18&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiB0--pqpniAhXoD2MBHSgYASMQFjARegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyougov.co.uk%2Ftopics%2Fpolitics%2Farticles-reports%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fhow-britain-voted&usg=AOvVaw266rNW_gQsa65pM_iGNAEU

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't click links like that.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Like climate change?

Yes, like climate change, like poverty, like lack of foster parents. I could go on.

Getting your knickers in a twist about Brexit is ridiculous.

I don’t disagree with you, there are bigger issues.

Farage is on the wrong side of all of them though.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Like climate change?

Yes, like climate change, like poverty, like lack of foster parents. I could go on.

Like the growing inequality in this country under the Tories. We already have the highest level of inequality of any developed country apart from the USA and it is getting worse under the Tories.

Full story here (if you can bring yourself to click on the link and actually read it Nat):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-48229037

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much of your income do you give to the less well off?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:How much of your income do you give to the less well off?

Laughing

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm astonished by the inequality between me and those who choose to live on benefits.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, you talk about inequality, yet you have shown through your comments about Northerners and Leavers, combining them all with illiteracy and lack of finance. 
Are you not, indirectly, contributing to the inequality you point at. Inequality doesn't just mean financially, but also the limiting of opportunity by people who hold the same views as yourself.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How am I contributing to inequality glos?

I am not defending the fact that not everyone receives the same educational opportunities. I am not supporting legislation and other measures that make inequality worse. I would like to see a more equal distribution of wealth and a fairer tax system. Pointing out that the less well educated are more likely to be leave voters is not contributing to inequality directly or indirectly.

100CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Tue May 14 2019, 16:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:How am I contributing to inequality glos?

I am not defending the fact that not everyone receives the same educational opportunities. I am not supporting legislation and other measures that make inequality worse. I would like to see a more equal distribution of wealth and a fairer tax system. Pointing out that the less well educated are more likely to be leave voters is not contributing to inequality directly or indirectly.

Xmiles- please tell me how you would make the tax system 'fairer'? Don't go on about closing loopholes about tax avoidance as both main political parties go on about this all the time but neither does anything about it .
So leaving that aside how would you make it ''fairer'?
Practical suggestions only please and not abstract philosophising and hypothetical remedies.

101CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Tue May 14 2019, 16:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

rammywhite wrote:

Xmiles- please tell me how you would make the tax system 'fairer'? Don't go on about closing loopholes about tax avoidance as both main political parties go on about this all the time but neither does anything about it .
Practical suggestions only please and not abstract philosophising and hypothetical remedies.

Three practical steps:
1. Introduce a "mansion tax" and/or introduce council tax bands for properties worth more than £320,000 (the current top band)
2. Introduce a top rate of income tax of 50% for incomes above £250,000
3. Abolish the non-domicile tax exemption which allows people like Lord Rothermere to avoid paying any tax on his income.

In addition it would be strightforward to introduce real anti tax legislation if there was any political will to do so. For obvious reasons the Tories will never do that but the Labour party has been pretty spineless on this too.

Finally how about employing more tax inspectors. The numbers employed in HMRC have been drastically cut for years. Staffing has been virtually halved since HMRC was formed in 2005 and since a member of staff in the compliance business stream of HMRC brings in on average over £900,000 a year on a £30,000 salary this makes no practical sense.

Last edited by xmiles on Tue May 14 2019, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

102CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Tue May 14 2019, 20:52

The argument that both ‘main political parties go on about it all the time but neither does anything about it’, is not a valid reason to ignore the issue I’m afraid. Blair should have acted, Corbyn undoubtedly will.

103CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Tue May 14 2019, 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 941 Razz

104CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Wed May 15 2019, 21:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Three practical steps:
1. Introduce a "mansion tax" and/or introduce council tax bands for properties worth more than £320,000 (the current top band)
3. Abolish the non-domicile tax exemption which allows people like Lord Rothermere to avoid paying any tax on his income.

In addition it would be strightforward to introduce real anti tax legislation if there was any political will to do so. For obvious reasons the Tories will never do that but the Labour party has been pretty spineless on this too.

Finally how about employing more tax inspectors. The numbers employed in HMRC have been drastically cut for years. Staffing has been virtually halved since HMRC was formed in 2005 and since a member of staff in the compliance business stream of HMRC brings in on average over £900,000 a year on a £30,000 salary this makes no practical sense.
XM, your revisions to the tax system wouldn't pay for all the sweeping changes we've been promised.

As an aside, who was it that said that a country cannot tax itself into prosperity? (I don't think it was a Labour politician)  Very Happy

105CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Wed May 15 2019, 22:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Three practical steps:

XM, your revisions to the tax system wouldn't pay for all the sweeping changes we've been promised.

As an aside, who was it that said that a country cannot tax itself into prosperity? (I don't think it was a Labour politician)  Very Happy

You are completely missing the point glos. Rammy asked me to give some practical suggestions for making the tax system fairer and that is all I have done. I have not attempted to estimate the amount of extra tax raised.

Your quote is from Churchill. However Britain saw some of its highest growth rates and improvements in prosperity in the 1950s and 1960s during times when tax rates were much higher than they are now.

106CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Thu May 16 2019, 20:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Your quote is from Churchill. However Britain saw some of its highest growth rates and improvements in prosperity in the 1950s and 1960s during times when tax rates were much higher than they are now.
I thought it was. 
As you say, the 50's and 60's were also the time of massive growth after the war, so could support a higher tax burden with ease.

107CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Fri May 17 2019, 08:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Three practical steps:

You are completely missing the point glos. Rammy asked me to give some practical suggestions for making the tax system fairer and that is all I have done. I have not attempted to estimate the amount of extra tax raised.

Why not just make tax 99%.

108CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Sat May 18 2019, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

109CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Sat May 18 2019, 13:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

110CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 6 Empty Re: CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON. Sat May 18 2019, 18:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The turnout for these elections is going to be shocking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum