Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beevers signing for Peterborough

+11
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
wessy
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 19:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Peterborough United are reported to be close to announcing the arrival of battle-hardened, promotion-winning centre-back Mark Beevers on a free transfer.
The 29-year-old is available after his contract at relegated Championship club Bolton Wanderers expired at the end of last season.

Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony has spent plenty of time on social media recently teasing fans about the identity of potential new signings and now the Peterborough Telegraph has been told Beevers is among them.

Beevers has been linked with Posh ever since MacAnthony revealed he had approved the arrival of a centre-back with experience of winning promotion from League One on Twitter earlier this month.

Beevers, a veteran of over 450 senior appearances at Sheffield Wednesday, MK Dons, Millwall and Bolton, was part of a promotion-winning League One side at Bolton in 2016-17.

MacAnthony also mentioned the new Posh capture scored plenty of goals from set-pieces and Beevers netted four times for Bolton last season and seven times for the Trotters in his last League One season three years ago.

The chairman also said one of the new signings is 29 which is the age of Beevers. Beevers is believed to have taken a paycut to join Posh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 19:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How’d you take a pay cut from not being paid at all?

3Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 19:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hopeless Championship player, but massive for us in League One a couple years ago.

I suppose we're past caring about who we can and can't keep anyway, we might be lucky to have 11 players left come August.

4Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 21:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Aside from his playing abilities, I felt that Beevers had lost interest quite early in the season. (although he did have the odd good game).

5Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 21:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another who I won't miss.

6Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 22:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not rated by many but a decent defender in League 1. I just hope his replacement is too.

7Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Wed May 22 2019, 22:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Peterborough set to sign Mark Beevers from Bolton Wanderers

MARK Beevers could be playing against Wanderers in League One next season, with a move to Peterborough United thought to be on the verge of being announced.
Sources at London Road claim a mystery defensive signing touted by Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony in the last few weeks is the 29-year-old centre-back, who is out of contract this summer.
Beevers has been linked with Scottish giants Rangers and teams in MLS as his deal at the University of Bolton Stadium ran down.
But with Posh looking to invest in players who can push them towards automatic promotion next season, the former Sheffield Wednesday defender - who helped Phil Parkinson's Bolton to Championship promotion in 2016/17 - ticks all the boxes.

Beevers turned down a new contract at Millwall and a move to Barnsley to link-up with Wanderers in the summer of 2016, becoming one of Parkinson's first new signings.

He quickly formed a defensive partnership with David Wheater, keeping 20 clean sheets in the promotion season and scoring seven times as the Whites developed a fearsome reputation at set pieces.
A return to the second tier was less successful, however, and despite making 47 appearances in the 2017/18 campaign, he struggled for consistency.
Beevers signed a one-year contract extension last summer but his place in the side was initially put under pressure after the arrival of Jack Hobbs and Marc Wilson.

The defender managed four goals in a 14-game spell either side of Christmas, including one against his old employers Millwall at The Den but with Parkinson rotating his defenders and formations regularly, he did not completely regain first choice status until February.
His importance to the side is perhaps reflected in the fact Bolton won just one game out of 15 without him in the starting line-up.

The effectiveness of his partnership with Wheater is even more conclusive, with Wanderers winning seven of the 22 games they both started on the pitch, the team taking 25 out of a possible 66 points.

8Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Thu May 23 2019, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's had a terrible season and i for one won't miss his constant hoofs up the field to no one in particular.

9Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Thu May 23 2019, 08:46

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:He's had a terrible season and i for one won't miss his constant hoofs up the field to no one in particular.
Do you think the hoofball was down to Beevers lack of ability or a Parky directive? Maybe there just wasn't the confidence in the squad to play the ball out without giving it away?

Beevers was decent in League 1, scored goals, and part of a promotion winning team so I hope they can find a comparable replacement if we're planning to survive.

10Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Thu May 23 2019, 10:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No point even worrying who out of this mediocre group leave, until new owners are in place nothing else matters, next year will be interesting to say the least.

11Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Thu May 23 2019, 11:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:He's had a terrible season and i for one won't miss his constant hoofs up the field to no one in particular.
Do you think the hoofball was down to Beevers lack of ability or a Parky directive? Maybe there just wasn't the confidence in the squad to play the ball out without giving it away?

Beevers was decent in League 1, scored goals, and part of a promotion winning team so I hope they can find a comparable replacement if we're planning to survive.
Probably a bit of both Fin, Parky loves a hoof as well all know but Beevers seems to be under the impression he can spray passes all over the field when he plainly can't.
He was decent in league 1 last time to be fair.

12Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Thu May 23 2019, 11:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:No point even worrying who out of this mediocre group leave, until new owners are in place nothing else matters, next year will be interesting to say the least.
I can’t remember the last time I was so excited

13Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's official he's gone now, bye then, don't forget you (not so) magic hat on the way out.

14Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 13:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:It's official he's gone now, bye then, don't forget you (not so) magic hat on the way out.
And his 6 iron of a left foot.

15Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 14:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton defender Mark Beevers completes Peterborough move

Mark Beevers is looking to put the Wanderers nightmare behind him after completing a move to Peterborough United.
The 29-year-old has joined Posh on a three-year deal having been out of contract at the University of Bolton Stadium. 

A League One promotion winner with the Whites in the 2016-17 campaign, he will be looking to repeat the feat with Darren Ferguson’s side next season.
“Events at Bolton have been well documented,” said Beevers, who made 132 appearances for Wanderers having joined the club from Millwall in the summer of 2016.

“What happened was a crying shame and it crept into our performances on the field.
“I’ve never known anything like it before in my career, but it will be nice to be able to concentrate purely on football next season.

“It’s a move that excites me. I spoke to the manager a few times since the end of the season and I liked what he had to say.
“The plans for the club on and off the field are really attractive.

“I am really good friends with Ben Alnwick and he had nothing negative to say about the club.
“I’ve looked at the Peterborough squad and there are some excellent players there already.
“I expect to be pushing for the top six if not the top two. I want to be involved in a promotion push and I think I will be.”
Beevers made 34 appearances and scored four goals in a Wanderers season dominated by problems off the field, ultimately ending in relegation and administration.

Posh boss Ferguson was pleased to get his man and believes he has signed a player who can make a difference at the sharp end of the table.
“Mark was very high on my list in terms of the recruitment this summer,” he said.

“When I assessed the squad in terms of what we felt we needed, not just in terms of their position, but also in terms of their character and what I want from a player, he ticked all of the boxes.
“We made it very clear to him that he was a priority signing and when we met, we had a good chat about how the club is looking to move forward and where I see him fitting in.

“Fortunately he has agreed to come and it is a great signing for us. He is a promotion winner out of this division, so I am delighted to have him on board and look forward to working with him.”

16Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 22:12

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He would be handy this season but not a player for the future and our 3 year plan.   Wink

17Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 23:11

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shit defender, wont be missed, good riddance !!!

18Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Fri May 24 2019, 23:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They should send Peterborough a free set of Donkey Ears to go with their purchase. And a reminder note that its for keeps.

19Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Tue May 28 2019, 21:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you think Beevers was bad....wait till you see his replacement. At best another freebie off the used pile of rejects. Presuming we will be under a transfer embargo of course. As others have said....a decent league one player that we could have used.

20Beevers signing for Peterborough Empty Re: Beevers signing for Peterborough Tue May 28 2019, 21:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:If you think Beevers was bad....wait till you see his replacement. At best another freebie off the used pile of rejects. Presuming we will be under a transfer embargo of course. As others have said....a decent league one player that we could have used.

Ha ha, people reminiscing about Beevers as though he was Paolo Maldini.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum