You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Iles throws a social media strop!

Iles throws a social media strop!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No all you get in there are stories of inbreeding and knitting patterns for six fingered gloves.

32Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No all you get in there are stories of inbreeding and knitting patterns for six fingered gloves.

You massive Bolton bellend, come down to Victory Park on 3rd August and say that. You'll get a right twating.

33Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The problem is lpp, the blind sheep fuckwits follow his every word as gospel and act accordingly. From tantrums to trolling.
I agree but is that really his fault? Let's face it, Paris Hilton has over 6 million followers on Twitter and most of them seem to believe she's a divine oracle of truth and knowledge.

In truth the internet age, particularly the era of social media has proven what we already knew. There's no shortage of stupid in the world. Don't forget, enough people actually voted to make Donald Trump the President of the USA and many of them still believe in him.

In truth I think Iles has made some bad calls but to blame him for the fact his followers are either too ignorant or lazy to do even the most basic fact checking on their own isn't his fault. It's theirs.

The difference is Peter the nature of his job - Iles is a paid journalist to report the news and facts.

His job is not to go on twitter and make out the club owner is a crook.

If he can prove he's a crook then put it in the paper then link to it, if he can't then he should keep his opinion to himself and not go public with it on social media for all to read.

How can he write and impartial article for the people who are paying his wages if he's spouting shit about the owner to the very people who buy the paper.

It can't be done.

If he's writing articles that report on what the club owner is saying, whilst at the same time implying on twitter that he is lying, then what worth are his articles, why should people buy something that they know he personally rubbishing on social media?

It's a bit like me saying on Nuts that Peter is a great bloke, then going on Twitter/FaceBook saying that Peter is a nutjob and don't believe a word he says.

Would you have anything to do with me after doing that - of course you wouldn't and that's why the club owner didn't want anything to do with Iles and ultimately banning him when he though he could take the piss out of him.

Iles clearly though he could do what he wanted and I think he's now found out that couldn't and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's been told to keep off social media now that we will soon have a new owner in place.

34Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
True sluffy but since we're discussing context let's just add this. Gartside and Davies refused to talk to him for years. Ken ducked him all too often and Iles didn't help himself with his blinkered approach to Dean Holdsworth and the ST, largely I think because of course Holdsworth was a popular player here and the ST had the public backing of John McGinlay a club legend.

Here's where he made his first (and in my opinion largest) mistake. By being 'in' with them he was seen by many fans as someone who must know what he's talking about and he did nothing to dispel that. Even after Dean walked with a million quid Iles tried to paint him as some sort of 'martyr' forced out by Beelzebub Anderson when he could and should have gone directly to Ken and said "Look, we got off on the wrong foot here, let's try again. Tell us your side of the story."

Iles biggest failing is his own ego. Because of it he's wound up marginalised at best if not outright ignored by the very people he most needed to talk to. The change of ownership from ED to KA should have been a golden opportunity for him but he flubbed it like he's flubbed so much else by trying to be 'in the know'.

Has he deliberately fabricated stories? Possibly but I think it's more likely he's put his trust in the wrong people and taken certain 'sources' at face value rather than properly attempting to corroborate them. In a way it even makes sense because in today's instant news world being the first to get the word out is a big deal. I think Iles gambled that his 'sources' knew what they were talking about and so just printed or tweeted what they said without getting into the background.

Of course he got caught out many times but (and this is his second and in my opinion THE unforgivable part) instead of holding his hand up and saying sorry I got it wrong he not only ploghed on with the junk he went on Twitter to castigate the very people who could and with the right approach almost certainly would have given him the straight gen he needed. His ego wouldn't and still doesn't allow him to accept he was played and so it HAS to be the fault of those nasty people who won't talk to him. The ST are his friends and wouldn't DREAM of using him to further their own fantasy land agendas would they?

But as to his twitter followers. I still say if they're stupid enough to believe anything Iles is saying after all this time then frankly there's no hope for them anyway. About the best that can be said on that subject is at least we know where the lunatics are, in the Iles Asylum for Incredibly Gullible Plonkers.

35Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:17

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

36Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Again we're largely in agreement here sluffy, at least about Iles and his personal credibility. Where I disagree with you is in that his 'followers' should be held accountable for their own stupidity.

Personally I believe the Bolton News would be better off taking the opportunity the new owners provide to bring in a new journalist to cover club affairs. I hate to call for the sacking of anyone since I know from bitter personal experience just how horrible it is to lose a job through incompetence or simply not being up to snuff but my opinion is that Iles has to go if the BN is to gain and retain any credibility as a professional media outlet.

Journalists having an opinion is nothing new of course but Iles left opinion behind along with the facts a long time ago. When opinion is replaced by ignorant vitriol and dangerously close to libellous unsupported allegations you can't be called a journalist.

For my money Marc Iles has become a blogger and a very uninformed, unintelligent one at that.

37Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

He's implied it many times, particularly with his 'likes' of other peoples tweets describing him as such.

38Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:33

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
That’s just a massive stretch from you then. Let’s stick to the facts.

39Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
its a Sluffy 'fact' like most of his ramblings, it's his opinion dressed up as fact.

40Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:53

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Wouldn’t be bothered as much if sluffy’s excuse for being ferociously pro-Anderson wasn’t based on a supposed obsession with facts in everything he does.

Stinking hypocrisy.

41Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
'Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please'.

Mark Twain.

42Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 20:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's never had a scoop in his life. Journalists are nothing without sources and he has none.

43Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Wouldn’t be bothered as much if sluffy’s excuse for being ferociously pro-Anderson wasn’t based on a supposed obsession with facts in everything he does.

Stinking hypocrisy.

Never claimed to be pro Anderson let alone 'ferociously' pro-Anderson and Iles has gone out of his way to endorse tweets from others calling him a crook (and far worse!).

No hypocrisy from me 'stinking' or otherwise.

Here's Marc Iles list of likes - feel free to look through them and you will see the sorts of posts he's gone out of his way to 'like' which are abusive and slanderous of Anderson and about his lack of honesty and integrity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is that the sort of stuff the newspapers Chief Football Reporter with no agenda should be doing?




44Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:25

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Any tweets you can show me though?

45Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Any tweets you can show me though?

I don't doubt most if not all of them are still there.

Look in particular to those sent to the posts of rabid Anti-Anderson's such as Phil Shortland, SuperwhiteSmurf and George Bower (former ST Board member).

You'll soon see what sort of company Iles keeps/kept by looking at the small vitriolic group of posters he and the other three hung around with and supporting each other with their 'likes'.

Hardly the smartest thing to do if you want to portray yourself as impartial, without bias and having no agenda - is it?




46Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:49

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He’s a local journalist, he’s biased to the club - so forget that last point.

Can you show me any posts where he calls Anderson a crook?

47Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He’s a local journalist, he’s biased to the club - so forget that last point.

Can you show me any posts where he calls Anderson a crook?

I've answered your question, I've pointed you to where they are.

If you think I'm going to waste half my life digging through them to prove myself right to you, then you can think again.

The 'liked' tweets are there, I couldn't give a toss if you believe me or not.

As for Iles being 'biased' to the club what does that even mean?

He was biased in favour of Holdsworth who fucked the club with his BM loan - where's Iles examination and critique of that?

I'll spare you looking for it because he's never done one.

He's biased in favour of the ST - what the fuck day they do in our hour of need?  Look the other way when their mate and fellow ST Board Member was made to close his solicitors practice down and be branded by his own professional body that he was not to be trusted with other peoples money - whilst they had him being the only named director initially of the company he set up to take control of the club ffs!

With club having 'biased' friends like those then who needs enemies.

Iles professionalism meant that he should have kept a straight bat and not take sides.

Did he do that?

Did he fuck.

48Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:20

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Oh right, you only believe facts and evidence... But the rest of us should just take your word on this one, gotcha.

49Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oh right, you only believe facts and evidence... But the rest of us should just take your word on this one, gotcha.


The facts and evidence are there - you don't have to take my word - not my fault if you don't want to check for yourself.

50Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:26

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ha literally the worst attempt to support a point I’ve ever seen, you might as well just post a link to google.co.uk.

If you can’t be bothered, I can’t blame you. But until you can don’t expect to be taken seriously.

51Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ha literally the worst attempt to support a point I’ve ever seen, you might as well just post a link to google.co.uk.

If you can’t be bothered, I can’t blame you. But until you can don’t expect to be taken seriously.

We all know you only post to troll me.

Today, Johnny, Fin and even Norpig to an extent have stated that Iles has not been acting as he should have been doing, particularly on social media/twitter.

Are you challenging their views?

No, of course you aren't, just mine.

There are clearly two obvious facts that have come out of our little exchange tonight that are there for all to see namely -

1 - Iles has been liking tweets about Anderson being a liar (you just have to dig for them)

and

2 - you just love to troll me.

I suppose I should take it as some sort of a compliment that I somehow get under your skin enough to make you want to continually keep doing it.

I don't, I just feel sorry for you having nothing more important in your life as to waste it trying to annoy me.

How genuinely sad of you is that?

I'm certainly not worth wasting your life on.

52Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:46

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
All I asked was:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

Seems increasingly obvious to me that it’s never happened (I haven’t seen any of the posters you mention claim otherwise either).

Instead of playing the victim why not admit you may be wrong on this one?

53Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 23:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is a forum and TROY is trying to have a discussion but as ever Sluffy, you see anyone who disagrees with you as a troll

54Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 23:23

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I just saw a few minutes of one of Iles Q&As which I've never bothered to watch before and it's unbelievable how stupid some of our fans are.

'Marc, what the chances of us playing 2 up front today?'

How the FUCK would he know? And yet, he puts on a puzzled face and answers as if he's just spend the whole week training with the players.

55Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:All I asked was:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

Seems increasingly obvious to me that it’s never happened (I haven’t seen any of the posters you mention claim otherwise either).

Instead of playing the victim why not admit you may be wrong on this one?

I've seen the likes by Iles to these tweets at the time - so I'm not wrong nor am I lying, I've seen them with my own two eyes.

Whether you want to believe me is up to you - I don't believe must of the stuff I read on social media from folks I don't know from Adam, so I don't have a problem if you didn't.

I've kindly pointed you to where you could find these tweets and a lead to the posters and their close acquaintances where specifically you can seek them out.

Up to you if you want to or not.  I'm certainly not playing your game and spending hours finding them myself.

I'm wrong plenty of times, and no doubt will be wrong plenty more times in the future too - I don't have a problem holding my hand up when I am.

Nuts seemed today to be getting back into some form of being busy and having a few laughs for the first time in months if not years - pity that you've had to spoil it all by playing your self obsessed trolling game with me and ruining the vibe.

Only you gets pleasure and satisfaction from doing so, it spoils it for everyone else.

If you don't like me or what I post, then fine, I won't lose any sleep over it, I don't post to ingratiate myself with others, I post because I think I've got something of interest to say, sometimes even standing alone against everybody else whilst saying it too.

If I wanted an easy life I wouldn't play such a high profile role on a forum OR simply potted the people I didn't care for, but I do post up unpopular views at times and as I've recently said in all the years Nuts has been going only three people (other than fake accounts or the like) have been banned and so I don't mind taking a bit of flack and abuse from time to time.

If you want to continue to be part of Nuts then fantastic we all would love you to be but if you only really come here to troll me for your own amusement then probably best if you started to look around for a forum more to your liking.

Pointless contrived arguments like tonight's simply aren't what people want to read and with it soon to be the dawn of a new owner, new team (and manager?) and new season on the horizon, then why not try also for a new start for Nuts also and bin off this silliness for good?

Let's draw a line under all this and move on.

How about it?

56Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 23:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I just saw a few minutes of one of Iles Q&As which I've never bothered to watch before and it's unbelievable how stupid some of our fans are.

'Marc, what the chances of us playing 2 up front today?'

How the FUCK would he know? And yet, he puts on a puzzled face and answers as if he's just spend the whole week training with the players.
Laughing

57Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:00

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Again, I don’t see anything controversial in asking you to support your accusations. I’m sure if Iles was reading this that’s what he’d ask.

I’ll keep pointing out your hypocrisy and ask you for evidence when you make claims - as I always have done.

Might as well ban me now if you don’t want that to happen.

58Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Iles obviously celebrated the demise of ken. I don't follow him or anything but I saw his little digs on the bwfc hashtag. 

He was obviously bitter about being banned from the club and he thought he was a cult hero because a few track suit clad 17 year olds sent him messages like "ohh legend weeyyy Ken's a winker."

Now Ken's gone he's yet again the man with zero sources who re writes national copy. A fall from grace.

59Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oh and no one wants Troy banned FFS. We don't agree on much but he makes the forum interesting.

Can't we all get along?

60Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 2 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Thu Jun 20 2019, 08:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Again, I don’t see anything controversial in asking you to support your accusations. I’m sure if Iles was reading this that’s what he’d ask.

I’ll keep pointing out your hypocrisy and ask you for evidence when you make claims - as I always have done.

Might as well ban me now if you don’t want that to happen.

I've given you answers and provided you proof of what I've said, if you don't want to accept it that's your problem.

If you can't let it drop and continue to ceaselessly go on and on and on about it to the detriment of everyone else's enjoyment on the site then it becomes my problem.

If you want to think I'm a liar, cheat, weirdo, hypocrite, moonman or whatever else you do then think it, it doesn't bother me but you're clearly on a mission and that mission is hurting the forum.

If you don't like what I post then simply don't read it, if you don't like the site because I post here then simply find another forum where I don't post - that's what normal people would do - but you are deliberately looking for confrontation - I believe the term is called 'suicide by cop' - or in this case 'banning by mod',

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our history together goes back many years and you've threatened to leave the forum several times (once only recently) and even left it and came back posting some considerable time later under your current username, so you are quite capable of both 'tolerating' me on a forum and removing yourself from a forum when it suits your needs (presumably coinciding with whatever is happening in your private life) without the need for confrontation and mano a mano threats like you've thrown down.

So if you want to leave, then leave, if you want to stay, then stay but if you do so then act and behave like everyone else does otherwise it's abundantly clear that you are aiming deliberately to become banned and sit back and enjoy the conflict that will invariably happen as a consequence of that happening.

Your aim is to hurt and damage the site simply because of your long standing internet issues with me.

I've asked you to draw a line under it and move on together.

Wouldn't that be better, more adult and beneficial for everybody's sake on Nuts?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum