Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest set to sign Ameobi

+3
Sluffy
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Forest set to sign Ameobi Sun Jun 23 2019, 12:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nottingham Forest set to sign former Bolton and Newcastle winger Sammy Ameobi - Nottinghamshire Live

Nottingham Forest are set to sign former Bolton Wanderers forward Sammy Ameobi in the next 24 hours.

Ameobi is a free agent after leaving Bolton following their relegation to League One and the Post understands the deal is on the brink of being concluded.

The 27-year-old scored four goals and had the same number of assists in 31 appearances last season.

He is a player Forest have been linked with more than once before and would add to Martin O'Neill's attacking options in what will be the first signing of the summer.

Ameobi, who Forest wanted to sign in January, is capable of playing as a striker, but is best known as a winger.

Forest are also said to close to signing another free agent in former Aston Villa right-back Alan Hutton.

The 34-year-old has spoken with other Championship clubs, including Wigan, but Forest appear to be at the front of the queue.

‪https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-brink-signing-former-3009651

2Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Sun Jun 23 2019, 12:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Roy Keane is fuming. He’s left NFFC in disgust

3Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Sun Jun 23 2019, 12:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You mean he has quit over this decision?

4Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 08:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:You mean he has quit over this decision?

He has quit but it had nothing to do with Ameobi, he wants to be available to get back into management rather to be under contract when opportunities crop up, so there isn't need to buy him out of his contract.

So when the new owners pot Parky...

...type event.

5Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 08:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sammy Ameobi to sign for Nottingham Forest after Bolton exit

SAMMY Ameobi is set to sign for Nottingham Forest this morning – a month after walking out on the final 12 months of his contract with Wanderers.
The winger, who made 81 appearances for Bolton including his loan spell from Newcastle United, is expected to sign a two-year deal at the City Ground.
Forest attempted to sign Ameobi in January but had a bid rejected by Wanderers prior to the league meeting with Bristol City at Ashton Gate.
The 27-year-old cancelled the last year of his contract after going without pay for three months and told The Bolton News earlier this month that he had been frustrated by the lack of communication from Wanderers.

“I never thought it would come to this,” he said. “I don’t think any of us did. But we were not being told the truth.

“People have to protect themselves, protect their families. But it should never have got to that stage.
“Bolton are a club I owe a lot to. I had started to take football for granted. They gave me a second chance. I’ll always respect that.
“I am grateful to the club, grateful to the manager, grateful to the players who played with me, and especially the fans. It is such a shame it came to this, but I didn’t have a choice.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 10:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was joking 🙃

7Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He won't be missed.

8Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 12:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
I was joking 🙃
It must have gone over my head mate. Very Happy

9Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You were probably on your knees at the time.

10Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A good player on his day just didn't have enough of those days for us unfortunately.

11Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 15:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

12Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoy the splinters in your arse from being on the bench every week Sammy  Very Happy

13Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 16:01

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hes shit anyway

14Forest set to sign Ameobi Empty Re: Forest set to sign Ameobi Mon Jun 24 2019, 17:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Good to hear he's enjoyed his holiday. Hopefully the delayed wages didn't spoil it too much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum