Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOME MATCH TICKETS

+12
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
Norpig
wessy
Sluffy
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 13:27

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So how do you get one?
Can I go to the game next week or not?

And, if they do open up I think if it's more than £5 each they can F off!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 13:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They need to make as much money as possible. Hopefully the profit from food & drink will go directly to the club rather than a catering company.

3HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 13:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I worded my thing badly. 

What I mean is that they need bums on seats.

Dropping to league one and having no communication with season ticket holders and others who buy regular tickets - plus losing most of our players - isn't really going to help get people through the door.
If they then say it's £28 per match people will just go and do something else.
I agree they need money. But they need a engaged fan base first.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 14:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton have known the fixture list since the middle of June but with 6 days to go haven't bothered to set the price or release tickets for the Coventry match.
It's one of the more high profile matches of the season for the police because Coventry should bring 1,500 at the least and they caused some aggro at Sunderland at the end of last season.The police will be wanting a decision asap and paying of course.
It will be interesting to see how much the administrators charge to watch our Youth team if they set the price tomorrow.I think £25 is the most i will pay for East Stand Upper but even that is a pisstake to watch a scratch team that's rock bottom of Div 3

5HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 14:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:Bolton have known the fixture list since the middle of June but with 6 days to go haven't bothered to set the price or release tickets for the Coventry match.
It's one of the more high profile matches of the season for the police because Coventry should bring 1,500 at the least and they caused some aggro at Sunderland at the end of last season.The police will be wanting a decision asap and paying of course.
It will be interesting to see how much the administrators charge to watch our Youth team if they set the price tomorrow.I think £25 is the most i will pay for East Stand Upper but even that is a pisstake to watch a scratch team that's rock bottom of Div 3

Match Prices have been set and ST's printed (the cost of which is actually shown in the Administrators report) by FV but they can't do anything until they actually complete the purchase of the club - hence the ongoing delay in doing so.

I guess if the sale is not completed by the Coventry game (and the EFL allows it to go ahead) then it will be pay on the gate and at a price FV had intended to set for the game.

If the fans are fully behind the club as per the turnout at Wycombe, then there will be a bumper crowd irrespective of what ever is charged to get in.

If you don't want to pay the money or watch the kids probably lose, then don't go - simple as that.

6HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 14:53

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I can't see the police, council and EFL allowing it to drag on all week if FV don't complete the takeover.  I would think if not done by Monday evening, the administrators will have to announce prices and ticketing arrangements on Tuesday/organise policing etc  or match off
If Gillingham were bringing 150 up it could be delayed another day or two but not when a decent sized club will be bringing 1,500 plus, the police will need a few days to organise that

7HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Sun Aug 04 2019, 15:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:I can't see the police, council and EFL allowing it to drag on all week if FV don't complete the takeover.  I would think if not done by Monday evening, the administrators will have to announce prices and ticketing arrangements on Tuesday/organise policing etc  or match off
If Gillingham were bringing 150 up it could be delayed another day or two but not when a decent sized club will be bringing 1,500 plus, the police will need a few days to organise that

Didn't we just take 1,800 fans ourselves to a game with only two days notice it was on?

Didn't we just hold the rugby games a week or so ago whilst the club - which owns the stadium - was still in Administration?

I suspect the game will go ahead even if we are still in Administration.

We'll find out one way or the other soon enough.

8HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Tue Aug 06 2019, 20:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

On sale tomorrow

9HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Tue Aug 06 2019, 22:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£24 for a ticket is a bit steep for a league 1 game with a team full of kids. They have missed a trick here, they should have charged a tenner and got a decent crowd but lots of moans already about the high price.

10HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Tue Aug 06 2019, 22:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't even sit in my normal seat, but hey ho. Will I have to take jam butties?

11HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Tue Aug 06 2019, 22:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've closed the top tiers, i wonder if this is a one off or will be all season?

12HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Tue Aug 06 2019, 22:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:They've closed the top tiers, i wonder if this is a one off or will be all season?
Probably a one off. Things will smooth themselves out when a deal is done. I see Tyrers have upped their ticket price by a quid. Still, £5 return isn't bad.

13HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 07:42

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

The cheeky bastards, they robbed the season ticket holders of a game last season, no season tickets available, if they charged £10/£15 a much improved attendance more sales at the food/beer stalls and the shop idiotic business decision, obviously out of touch. Mad

14HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 09:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've certainly missed a trick here. Par for the course with the present shambles though.

15HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 09:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And they've now suspended the sales just after 9am, no idea what is going on!

16HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 09:33

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Norpig wrote:And they've now suspended the sales just after 9am, no idea what is going on!

Hopefully seeing common sense and reducing the prices for at least the first home game ..dunno..

17HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Message from BWFCST board

After the announcement of ticket prices for Saturday's game, the BWFCST board sent the following email to Paul Appleton (Rubins), the football club administrator, last night. We await his response:

"Good evening Paul,

Further to the announcement on the club website this afternoon, the BWFCST is appalled at the pricing of tickets for this coming Saturday's first home game of the season.

We are therefore issuing an immediate plea for you to reconsider the pricing structure as a matter of urgency before ticket sales commence at 9.00am tomorrow morning.

We join with other BWFC fans groups in registering our dismay at this treatment of not only the BWFC fans, but also the visiting Coventry City supporters.

The patience and loyalty of our club's amazing supporters, on show for all to see at Wycombe last Saturday, is being tested and disrespected yet again.

Circumstances do alter cases and in the ongoing distressed situation at our club, we would ask that you reconsider pricing. Surely a maximum level not exceeding £20 for full price ticketing would encourage the support in numbers that the name of Bolton Wanderers deserves?

We would also ask you to reconsider allowing sales on the day and we are at a loss to understand why this facility is being denied to supporters.

We hope that you will reconsider and treat the supporters of both clubs with more respect than is currently on show.  

BWFCST Board"

18HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 11:21

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:And they've now suspended the sales just after 9am, no idea what is going on!
  They don't know what they're doing  Rolling Eyes

19HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
  They don't know what they're doing  Rolling Eyes

Their job isn't to run a football club it is to sell one.

Wouldn't the ST have been more useful giving the Administrators say £40k from the funds they keep telling us they haven't touched yet, to help subsidise ticket prices rather than writing to complain about them?

Does anyone really think it is a good idea to put on a match and run it at a loss right now?

Wouldn't it have been better just to swallow this one and hopefully by the next home game we have new owners in place who can explain what their pricing strategy is?

Have the argument AFTER the club has been bought with the clubs owners, would be what I would have thought the most sensible thing to be doing right now.

(And yes I don't go so I should keep my beak out - but aren't I talking sense non the less?).

20HOME MATCH TICKETS Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Wed Aug 07 2019, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Does anyone really think it is a good idea to put on a match and run it at a loss right now?

How does anyone know what the break even ticket price is?

Absolutely no one knows how many people will turn up on Saturday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum