Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Oztumer leaves Wanderers

Oztumer leaves Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 09:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Erhun Oztumer has quit Bolton Wanderers after ripping up the final year of his contract.

The diminutive playmaker requested a free transfer last month but was turned down by administrators and forced to go to an appeal.

That case was heard yesterday as the club’s future was also being decided in the courts, and the 28-year-old has now been granted permission to start up elsewhere.

Charlton Athletic have been strongly linked with Oztumer’s services over the summer having narrowly failed to land him on loan in January. Sources in South London claim Lee Bowyer is only looking to add a right-back to his ranks before the deadline on September 2 – but news of the former Peterborough United and Walsall midfielder’s availability could now tempt him into an offer.

Oztumer started just 10 games in total for Wanderers, including the opening day defeat at Wycombe.

He scored on debut against Leeds United in the Carabao Cup last season but struggled to fit into Phil Parkinson’s formation in the weeks and months afterwards.

“I felt like I’d given the gaffer something to think about,” he told The Bolton News this summer.

“After a few more sub appearances I came into the side when we started losing games, so it was difficult to adapt.

“I felt like when I came into the team there were a lot of tactical changes. We were trying to work the ball out from the back a bit more but it didn’t quite come for us and I was first in line to be dropped.

“The gaffer was great, very honest. He wasn’t blaming me, or anything like that, it was just that when I played I hadn’t quite had that finishing touch.”

Oztumer picked up a knee injury after the Wycombe game and was not available for the home clash with Coventry City or Tuesday’s Carabao Cup defeat at Rochdale.

His departure leaves Wanderers with just Remi Matthews, Ben Alnwick, Jason Lowe and Luke Murphy in the senior ranks, alongside summer signing James Weir.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Thu Aug 15 2019, 09:54; edited 1 time in total

2Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 09:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Disgusting. After not being paid for nearly a year you'd expect some loyalty.

3Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 10:02

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We wasted him.

4Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 10:22

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Disgusting. After not being paid for nearly a year you'd expect some loyalty.

Laughing

5Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 10:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Disgusting. After not being paid for nearly a year you'd expect some loyalty.

I know you have your tongue in your cheek but for the record he was paid before he left (70% of all he was owed I believe).

He seemed never to be part of Parkinson's plans so can't blame him much for going.

6Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 10:58

wessy

wessy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We wasted his talent sitting on a bench, my gripe is that another asset leaves the club without a fee. The club is bigger (ha ha) than Oz

7Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
While he didn't have many chances, let's be honest, when he did play he wasn't very good.

It's no loss.

8Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 11:27

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bet he’s got three times the amount of professional goals the rest of the squad have combined. Having said that Parky was never going to get the best out of him.

9Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Bet he’s got three times the amount of professional goals the rest of the squad have combined.

Not really a high bar is it.

10Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 12:13

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
A very, very low bar.

11Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 12:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He was never going to get a fair crack from Parky.
Some managers look for the Roy of the Rovers type. Parky prefers Desperate Dan.

12Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 13:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
He should have gone last season when it became obvious that Parky was determined to bypass midfield with hoofball.  
On top of that who can blame anybody from jumping ship right now.

13Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 13:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was really hoping he would rediscover his Walsall form back in League 1 but as mentioned by plenty already Parky didn't really rate him. I'm sad to see him go.

14Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 14:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So what senior players are we left with ?? two goalkeepers and two of the worst outfield players ever seen at BWFC, oh well at least we still have a club !!!

15Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 16:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Where has he gone to, Hobbit United?

16Oztumer leaves Wanderers Empty Re: Oztumer leaves Wanderers on Thu Aug 15 2019, 16:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Where has he gone to, Hobbit United?

Middleearth Rovers

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum