Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess the points deduction

+10
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
terenceanne
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Fri Nov 22 2019, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:FUCK THE EFL  Mad
 I reckon the Bolton fans will be singing this a lot tomorrow.

32Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Fri Nov 22 2019, 13:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Common sense prevailed ….but as I have said before the EFL are part of the problem....not part of the solution.
Does anybody know how these people get on the EFL....are they elected on, or appointed or how.....and can we get them off if say the majority of owners signed a no confidence document. No chance of it but curious.

33Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Fri Nov 22 2019, 13:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who appointed the independent panel?
Wasn't the EFL by any chance?

34Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Fri Nov 22 2019, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Fri Nov 22 2019, 20:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:EFL are appealing the decision.

Wanderers say they are “disappointed” with the EFL’s decision to appeal a verdict from the independent disciplinary commission.

The club was given a five-point suspended penalty by the panel on Thursday night with £70,000 in fines for failing to fulfil fixtures against Brentford, last season, and Doncaster Rovers, in August.

But the EFL believe the ruling sets a dangerous precedent and have announced they will be appealing as soon as possible.

A statement from Wanderers released this morning said: “Bolton Wanderers Football Club is aware of the EFL’s decision to appeal the verdict that was reached by the Independent Disciplinary Commission.

“The club’s chairman Sharon Brittan said: “We are naturally very disappointed by this outcome as we had hoped a line had been drawn and we’d be able to move on.

“We will vehemently defend any appeal.”

A spokesperson for the EFL confirmed that an appeal would be made on the grounds that the decision affected the integrity of the competition.

“The EFL is disappointed by the conclusions reached by the independent Disciplinary Commission in respect of Bolton Wanderers and it is the firm view of the League that the sanction imposed is too lenient when consideration is given to all the circumstances of the case.

“Given the potential for postponements to have a significant impact on competition integrity and, following receipt of advice overnight on the reasons provided, the League will appeal the outcome in the strongest possible sense.”

36Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Sat Nov 23 2019, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's true that if member clubs refused to play certain matches when they felt like it knowing they'd just get a slap on the wrists, it would affect the integrity of the competition, but this is about extenuating circumstances and the EFL should always be looking at individual cases rather than trying to establish a fixed penalty for every case. Would Manure be docked points for not playing the week after the Munich Air Crash? No they wouldn't which is exactly why these things have to be looked at on a case by case basis. That is surely the raison d'etre of the independent panel system.

It can also be argued that in appealing the panel's decision the EFL are affecting the integrity of the process.

37Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Mon Nov 25 2019, 07:50

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

EFL! wankers in the extreme guys.
whats more astounding is that clubs get to vote on a lot of things too, and seemingly vote for this shower of shyte to do these things.

I wonder if the YTS woman with no previous experience in football has been told to 'man up' by her committee? With Bury being the start, and now trying to give Bolton a good kicking when they are down.

Mind you, the whole lot are a shower. i remember our lot playing at Stoke a few years back, on comes one of their 'fans' and punches our goalkeeper! And we got fined for that, not Stoke. lol

We have an ongoing joke now that anything that happens in any league to any team, we will get fined / banned for it, so as it will transpires, Bolton will get let off,  and we will take your punishment for having the audacity to spunk £250,000,000.00 on players and wages (of our chairmans money), and yes i know, but if your going to waste it, waste it in style.Laughing

Chin up, the fightback is on, and luckily those above you aint really pulling away giving you a decent fighters chance.
cheers
Dave

38Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Tue Nov 26 2019, 09:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any idea of when the appeal will be heard?

39Guess the points deduction  - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess the points deduction Wed Nov 27 2019, 10:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill hopes the truth will out for Bolton Wanderers as they await news of a potential points deduction in League One.

It is understood that a second disciplinary panel will meet soon to review an appeal from the EFL, who claim the five-point suspended penalty originally handed out to the club for failing to fulfil fixtures against Brentford and Doncaster was “too lenient.”

The league has been pressured by several member clubs to lobby for stronger punishment and said in a statement last week they would appeal in the “strongest possible sense” after learning the details of Bolton’s case.

Wanderers, who were also handed a £70,000 fine, half of which is suspended for 18 months, have also vowed to vigorously contest any change in the verdict.

It is not yet known when the findings of the second hearing will be announced, which leaves Bolton boss Hill in the familiar position of trying to keep focus on the football.

He hopes the facts of the case, which have also yet to become public, are enough to provide a positive outcome for club.

“I have no opinion on it – I’m just trying to focus in on the games,” he told The Bolton News.

“I won’t sit there and wait for what may eventually happen. I just want focus on the 29 games that we have got remaining.

“I can’t persuade one way or the other. It should be factual – and they remain in the hands of the EFL, Bolton Wanderers and the panel.

“I am sure we will get the right decision for Bolton Wanderers FC.”

Wanderers returned to the training ground this week with the prospect of no weekend game after their exit from the FA Cup.

Eager to make amends after the heavy defeat at Accrington on Saturday, Hill wants to make sure his players are in the right frame of mind to return to action and show that the result was a one-off. As such, he wants to minimise any off-the-field distraction.

“We can only deal with what we can realistically control – what we do on the training pitch, the next opponents we come up against, trying to get as many points as we can.

“We let ourselves down (at Accrington) but we have got to get on to our knees and then start to learn walking again.

“I want us to hit our next opponents really hard. I don’t want this to damage confidence too much because it’s a rollercoaster season and we have to realise how far we’ve come. We have to stick to the plan.”

After finally overhauling the 12-point deduction imposed for going into administration with victory against MK Dons, the severity of the Accrington result came as somewhat of a shock to all concerned.

Hill believes it could help to ground his players for the festive schedule where he hopes to make up more ground on the teams above the Whites in the League One table.

“We have to make sure this is a distant memory – a reminder maybe of the mountain we still have to climb,” he said.

“We can’t just think that we achieved something because we got to positive points last week.

“We have got to get our work bags out again and be better than our opponents.”

The EFL have come in for heavy criticism from all quarters for their role in the Wanderers’ disciplinary saga, and in particular their inaction around the two postponed fixtures against Brentford and Doncaster.

Back in August, former Bolton boss Phil Parkinson and club officials had voiced their concerns to the league over the welfare of younger players well in advance of the Doncaster game, and had called for the previous match at Tranmere Rovers to be called off on similar grounds.

The match was eventually called-off the day before it was meant to be contested, with Bolton citing advice in the Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan handbook why their Under-18s and 23s players had exceeded the recommended number of games meant to be played at academy level, let alone senior.

It is understood that player availability at the time meant that players as young as 15 would have been drafted on to the bench to make up numbers if the Doncaster game had gone ahead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum